Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Official Amazon Football Thread - Second Leg

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2401-2425 of 10000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:21:25 BDT
Out of the 6 I recorded 4 people said 5th, I said 6th and 1 person said 8th. So not 1 person said LFC would finish 4th. lol

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:20:17 BDT
Remember Colloccini hasd only played 2 I think? He was in prem team of the year last year.

also dont think Cisse has looked as fit at all and not shown the great running he did last year, he'll be back I predict, and hope.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:18:22 BDT
That's funny because they beat Manchester Utd 1-0 (Nov 2006), AC Milan (who went on to win the CL that season) 2-1 (Oct 2007) and Barcelona 1-0 (Nov 2004) at Celtic Park ;).

I get your point tho, we had better players and more importantly a better and much more experienced manager(s) then.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:18:22 BDT
They only count for my argument LOL

Posted on 17 Sep 2012 16:18:15 BDT
AndyBSG says:
"if Celtic play to their potential they can beat anyone in the world at Celtic Park"

The problem with that is if any of Celtic's opposition play to even half of their own potential then they'll always beat Celtic :)

I watched quite a few Old Firm derbies when I was living in Stirling(as well as a lot of woeful Stirling matches). After watching every single Spurs home game the season before the simple fact is that the speed and technical ability in the EPL is streets ahead of the SPL and I could see it in every game.

Celtic and Rangers may be able to raise their game when they play the occasional English or big European team in CL or EL matches but that's largely because of the 'cup game' mentality and some SPL players may do well in the EPL but over the course of a season in the EPL I think Celtic would be mid table mediocrity at best.

That said, if they hung in for a couple of seasons they'd soon compete near the top thanks to the money coming in and their huge following but only after they got loads of expensive foreign imports in to replace their home grown players.

Not sure that would be a good thing for Scottish football because with Rangers and Celtic gone from the SPL the home grown players won't get games and although the EPL may be one of the best league's in the world I think most of that is down to the foreigners here and the lack of first team games for home grown players shows whenever England play with our woeful lack of technical ability compared to Spain, Holland, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:18:08 BDT
Just meant including those games Lil.

Ba was great in Europe, in what was a second string team.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:16:55 BDT
Yes I will say it, he apologised also, all be it after the next day when he noticed how bad it really looked.

How is it different

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:16:09 BDT
He scored in a Europa League game.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:15:57 BDT
which ones?

He never played the Europe game recently, we have only played 3 EPL and I am sure he missed one?

Either way he has been flriting with injury, I think the guys too good to fade away this year, I hope so. I think soon we will see him start to score again, hopefully tonight LOL.

So far we have played Spurs and won without playing great, been outplayed by a very good Chelsea team on the day and got a draw which was not a good performance.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:14:07 BDT
Hardly any difference in 2 games and 4 games. NUFC have played 4 competitive games this season LFC have played 6. You can still analyse the tactical set-up and see how effective it is this far, as I have with LFC and NUFC, i'm no expert but I have a decent basic understanding.

It's better than looking at how many games someone has played compaered to how many goals they've scored and declaring them not good enough. Which i've never done.

NUFC have 'so far' not looked as solid as last season and they aren't creating the same kind of chances as last season, if there had been no changes in the tactical framework then you would look at the reasons Lill mentioned as possibilities or perhaps tiredness after the summer. However there have been changes, they have been playing a pretty flat 4-4-2, with Ben Arfa on the right, however due to his nature and creative responsibility he drifts and leaves that side open causing the team to look vulnerable down that side, due to players having to shuffle across to cover. Currently Ba & Cisse don't look like they have a natural understanding of their runs while playing in front of the 4 midfielders, which in turn means that the players in behind aren't sure of how to feed the ball to them. The overall build up changes due to the fundamental change in the system and as yet the players haven't gotten to grips with it, moments from Ben Arfa aside NUFC have been relatively poor so far, however as you say as have I, we're a matter of weeks into the season now is not the time to be judging the overall state of things or if the systems or players are working. It never has been and never will be. Every single season teams get written off after a few games and are usually the ones who leave people with egg on their face. There's a long way to go.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:11:44 BDT
I will refer you to the predictions eveyone made at start of year on this very thread, huge amount of peple had Liverpool in 3-5 position.

I disagreed and everyone said I was crazy, this was before transfer window was shut though.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:11:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Sep 2012 16:18:57 BDT
Any team with skilled, pacey forwards will punish us this season, our defense is beyond awful.

All teams have to do against Celtic is play it in to feet on the edge of the box and we panic and fall to pieces, i still think we should be able to pull out a win tho, the crowd really is a 12th man at Parkhead on CL nights.

I may not watch the Barcelone away game lol, im predicting 10+ goals for Barca, our schedule is really bad aswell, we go away to Moscow next and then have a double header against Barca.

I just hope we can win at home against Benfica and Moscow and get a draw against one of them away which will give us 7 points and maybe a EL place.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:10:17 BDT
21 is young to be fair and the lad should definitley be given time to settle in.

Posted on 17 Sep 2012 16:09:52 BDT
Oh and Borini scored on his home debut - think it was a Europa League game?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:07:43 BDT
He didn't score in the UEFA cup - Taylor and Vuksic (sic?) did. I sound like bleeding Statto.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:07:39 BDT
I doubt it, Pardew already shown and said that League is more important than Europe for them. But thats the same for any team in that top 6 ish category

Posted on 17 Sep 2012 16:04:42 BDT
Bozz says:
" if Celtic play to their potential they can beat anyone in the world at Celtic Park"

10 years ago I would have agreed, but not now

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:04:13 BDT
Yeah, but quality footballers, I will watch it anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:03:40 BDT
eh, when did Borini score?

Ba has scored twice in 4 games? Inclusing uefa cup

Posted on 17 Sep 2012 16:03:08 BDT
RAB says:
Right lads I'm off, good debate, looks like the thread's finally back!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:01:38 BDT
I liked Di Matteo's comments.

when asked what he would do to calm it all down and out it to one side, he simply indicated that it was only the media keeping it going causing the problem, if they want it to dissapear they simply have to stop talking about it.

Dam right

who cares, I have played football and there are guys I would not shake their hands afterwards etc, its competitive and its men who play it, we need to stop pretending its the Heptathlon or something.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:01:35 BDT
When did Terry do it? Please don't say the CL Semi-Final.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:01:17 BDT
"Cisse has only played 2 games, I think we need to remeber that also.

2 games."

He's played 4 games.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 16:00:26 BDT
I live in South Shields, it's closer to Sunderland than Newcastle. :)

I only managed to get a ticket due to an auction of someone's season ticket at a charity do the night before, so went up with one of my season ticket holder mates.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012 15:57:49 BDT
"The issue I ahve is every year people tyhinking Liverpool, are automatically gonna be in the top 4 etc"

Who are these 'people'? I know of very very few who think LFC are even competing for 4th beyond a slim hope of everything clicking together, let alone "automatically gonna be in the top 4".
Discussion locked

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums
ARRAY(0x9cd81eac)

This discussion

Participants:  59
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  19 Apr 2012
Latest post:  29 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions