Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Official Nintendo Wii U Thread Part 2.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 7 Aug 2013 16:47:24 BDT
John Morris says:
Elsewhere on the direct presentation were more details of "Sonic lost world" and "The legend of Zelda wind waker HD",bith of which are shaping up very nicely indeed,zelda looks so good in HD and is a must buy in my opinion.

Posted on 7 Aug 2013 16:52:43 BDT
I'm in work until 6 so ND will have to wait until I get home at 7ish.
Let me know if it's worth a watch and if any unannounced games are announced :)
Mind you I'll watch it regardless...

Posted on 7 Aug 2013 16:53:45 BDT
John Morris says:
"The Wonderful 101" direct broadcast on Friday the 9th,so no new info on this title today.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Aug 2013 17:02:40 BDT
Nick. says:
There will definitely be an Animal Crossing for WiiU, but it probably won't be for quite a while.

The ND was mostly sharing dates, the biggest news for me was Luigi being in Smash Bros but that was almost certain anyway.
Other than that and the dates they showed quite a few indies.

Posted on 7 Aug 2013 17:11:49 BDT
hummm I don't know If I'll be buying this game. I think the next game on my list is Zelda WW and A Link Between Worlds.
I may even give WW a miss and pick up 3D Mario World as I already have the Cube version of WW

Posted on 7 Aug 2013 18:24:49 BDT
Matthew says:
The customer service rep who I spoke with earlier followed up with an email saying this is still being investigated as it looks like a fair few people are affected. Couldn't offer much more than that but at least the wheels have been set in motion, I wonder how this will play out anyway.

It was a shame to cancel so many Wii U game pre orders but I'll order again in due course. That said my Wii U game collection stands at 10 games so far lol

Posted on 7 Aug 2013 19:23:15 BDT
C. Jones says:
the scene at the end of the direct was hiliairous shibata calls the end then phoenix wright pops up with OBJECTION!!! shibata reappears with crazy hair lol quite amuseing! and good to see were getting layton vs wright in 2014

Posted on 8 Aug 2013 01:04:26 BDT
Nessy says:
Kamiya NEVER disappoints ;-), (stolen from GAF) -

'Wonderful 101 first Review: "some of the most exciting work in contemporary games" -

"If Pikmin 3, Nintendo's great summer hope for its beleaguered Wii U console, has you directing a herd of miniature helpers, The Wonderful 101, the company's leftfield, summer sleeper-hit-in-waiting, puts you in control of an angry mob. In both games you sweep through the landscape as a hustling cluster of bodies. In both games you use this crowd's wisdom and strength to create pathways to your objectives, and to eliminate the foes and obstacles in your way.

But only in The Wonderful 101 can you, with a delicate swipe of the finger, arrange your swarm into a giant pink spiked whip used to tear the armour from your opponents, or a pea green handgun used to launch your minions as a kind of fleshy ammunition, or even a Soviet hammer that pounds the concrete in a thick Russian accent. If Pikmin 3 is the Gardener's World of ponderous strategy games, The Wonderful 101 is police helicopter footage of a sweltering Los Angeles riot.

[...]

The premise and styling is as wild-eyed as anything to come from Platinum Games, the most boisterous of Japan's contemporary video-game developers. The titular 101 is a group of topflight superheroes plucked from each of the world's nations. Each individual has his or her own unique styling and ability, but this is a game about the power of co-operation, not individual might. The swarm might be composed of individuals, but it must act as a single entity. Using either the Wii U pad's touchscreen or one of its stiff analogue sticks, you can shepherd your mob into esoteric tools and weapons by tracing shapes. The larger the shape you draw, the greater the number of superheroes who add their bodies to its formation.

[...]

Platinum's talent for the set piece is brought to the fore by way of the game's chosen style, that of the 'Tokusatsu' - the genre of special effect-heavy Japanese TV shows and films that include Godzilla and Kamen Rider. In this way, play is routinely interrupted for an outrageous and delightfully inventive gameplay intermission as you, for example, fire giant baseballs into an alien's face on a baseball field, or use your mob to tickle a 50-foot robot's underarm, or morph into a giant hang-glider and tear through the whipping wind collecting upgrade tokens.

It's in these moments that Platinum displays a mastery of the Wii U hardware hitherto unseen, even in Nintendo's homegrown titles. One especially memorable section has you controlling a giant spacecraft on the television screen by marshalling the 101 onto directional pressure pads in a cockpit that's rendered on the Wii U pad's screen. If this weren't enough to juggle, you must simultaneously battle enemies in both the cockpit on the pad and in the skies on the TV screen. It is a genuinely novel gameplay invention and gives a true taste of the Wii U's untapped potential and promise.

But all of this unbridled creativity comes at the cost of some refinement. The scrappiness of the action extends upwards and outwards throughout the entire game, which struggles to marshal its ambitions and ideas into a perfectly coherent whole. An alchemy system allows you to create new items from collected pieces of fruit, although its workings are left unexplained; each of the 101 you collect can be levelled up individually, although its unclear what benefits this brings to the whole. New moves and attacks unlock seemingly at random and the means of exposing the game's intermittent in-situ bonus levels is opaque.

Finally, the game's tall difficulty belies its accessible aesthetic: make no mistake, this is a far more demanding proposition than its Pikmin cousin. And yet, these are the hallmarks that make Platinum's output some of the most exciting work in contemporary video games: scruffy invention in a playpen that allows for player mastery. In the midst of this riot of ideas and unrefined energy we can perceive some of the Wii U system's idiosyncratic wonder. It may not be a game to sell a system, but The Wonderful 101 provides ample justification for Nintendo's eccentric hardware."

Posted on 8 Aug 2013 11:18:47 BDT
N. Mcclure says:
so anyone had an update on the money taken for preorders, thanks to amazon i have had to cancel all my pre orders now, just do not trust them any more, i had these preorders sitting there for about 2 months as well , i was supposed to have an explanation /resolution yesterday and all i got was sorry we don't have a resolution we will call you tomorrow. oh well seems i will just end up giving my game store the money or buy it from another source.

There goes all my blu ray preorders as well , can this company do anything right. it's very convenient now that amazon uk consoles are now no longer guaranteed for launch!! so i loose again. i had this hassle with the wiiU when they cancelled an order due to a pricing error only to later give it to people at that price. would it hurt them to get a lauch of a console right for once.

Also they need to start clamping down on third party sellers on here also when they don't send out your goods Amazon do not want to know always excuses on there part and do they do anything to the seller. Nope customers mean nothing to this crowd , just your money. :-(

Posted on 8 Aug 2013 14:36:07 BDT
Anyone download the Animal Crossing Plaza as of yet??
I had a look at it last night, I was hoping my to see real people there however there was only Animals from other people's games and none from my version.
Does anyone know what the score is with this Plaza?

Posted on 8 Aug 2013 15:15:56 BDT
N. Mcclure says:
well had my phone call back about the pre order carry on and day 2 still no answers, it also seems now according to amazon if you want to pre order you have to have the funds available so they can do an authorization, they can't say when they will do the autorization check for the full amount, but if it fails your pre-order is cancelled.

Now i had my pre-orders in when on may and june , thanks to this i have lost out due to this as my pre-orders are cancelled due to insufficient funds.

nice service lesson amazon ! lesson learned no more pre-ordering from amazon :-( not amuzzed

Posted on 8 Aug 2013 15:24:02 BDT
John Morris says:
Mr. S. P. Land,

Yes I downloaded it yesterday and thought it looked pretty good,it's a nice indication of how the animals will look in HD on a Wii U Animal crossing game,as far as I can gather it's a take o the Wii U's "Wara wara" Plaza but with the animals that populate the Animal crossing games rather than Mii's,which is what it should be as the Mii's have in effect their own meeting place.

You can select any animal you want and post/comment on them,you can also see what other people have to say about them on the Plaza itself or in the Miiverse community,you can also send pictures you have taken on the 3-DS new leaf game,via SD card to the photo albums on the gamepad while in the plaza and then post them to your comments in the Animal crossing Miiverse community.

The app is free and will be available until the end of 2014 when I guess we will be seeing a Wii U version.

Posted on 8 Aug 2013 15:50:17 BDT
Cheers John,
You can also scan QR codes to get new tee's/outfits. I tried this last night from the 3DS camera however I found the format wasn't compatible
I guess you have to scan these from the shop where you buy new items of clothing??
I would like to see some friends come and vist my world, I've left my gate open so feel free to come and see me :)

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2013 16:15:49 BDT
Matthew says:
I haven't had an update today personally. But it sounds like the customer service guy who served me is more competent than the ones you've had experiences with, maybe he'll get back to me when he has something more to report.

By the way, read back on my other post. I basically got told that this charge never should of happened. Nothing about being billed for the full amount when you pre order. Basically a whole bunch of orders were upgraded to 1st class which triggered a charge, they're investigating why this happened.

Looks like we're being told 2 different stories but mine sounds more honest lol

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2013 16:36:49 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 Aug 2013 16:44:07 BDT
N. Mcclure says:
Well i have been speaking to someone who claims he is a manager , Day 2 he's reported back and can't give an answer but ccording to him i should of had an answer yesterday if not today, According to him the head office haven't retuned back to him with any explanations.

He's never once mentioned to me about being upgraded to first class delivery because mines hadn't it was still on supersaver. he basically said when you pre order with us we authorize the amount with you bank.

I did point ask, why has it happened after months of the pre order sitting there and why hasn't it happend with any of my other preorders.

All he said was i see your situation I'll pass this onto head office and senior management and keep working with you to find out why.

I told him i've have had to cancel my pre orders now and I'm not amused as now i won't be guaranteed a console on day 1. if they wanted to authorise my pre orders well they should have done that over a month ago. not the day before they announce they can't guarantee stock.

Becasue this authorization from your bank is automatic they can't alter it so it would cancel anyway on another 2 attempts if i didn't put the funds in the account.

Will prob just wait now and see what the fuss is about i know a few of the ps4 /xbox one games are coming to pc, so may just hold off and see how well i does after xmas. no doubt guaranteed like wiiU there will be issues with delivery from yodel agian. they never learn and nothing seems to change for the customers so it shows how much they are actually interested in being there for the customer.

A laugh though, he told me the customer is paramount to us, lol really i had a i had couple of hundred in blu ray preorders no will have to wait for liek few days before pre ordering encase they try wiping my card for those transactions. so annoyed by this

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2013 16:40:30 BDT
Matthew says:
I was told it was a part of the 'Release Day promotion to 1st class' thing they were doing. My pre orders were sat on my account for months prior to all this. Anyway I've only personally canceled my gaming pre orders with Amazon UK till I get an answer to this, the rest of my pre orders I've kept as is. And my Amazon.com orders have been left alone too. I have the Hatsune Miku PS3 game pre ordered there and a few Vita ones lol

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2013 16:52:15 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 Aug 2013 16:53:29 BDT
N. Mcclure says:
i wish i could believe them myself to keep my preorders up, this is the first time i have had this issue with them and it's not the first time i've preorderd , i've never know them to attempt charging me for goods till shipping and i did point out that this never happened with the wiiU purchases, he said he would pass my feedback on and see if they may be able to change when they do authorization. lol i won't hold me breathe ...... :-s..... :-O gasp

Personally i feel this has happened so they could get stock and they just aren't being honest with folk. you bet they will be extra careful this year with pricing so they don't have to give out any consoles at loss to.

anyway just thought id give a little update time to move on now :-( lol time to paitnely wait for the next wii u releases. dk, 3d world and mk8 the wait will be torture lol

OOH the Phantom markdowner is bk. HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :-) LOL

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2013 17:05:00 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 Aug 2013 17:05:43 BDT
Matthew says:
Yeah best to just wait and see what happens I guess. And regarding the mark downer, as it was only us targeted on this threads page for discussing this, I'm guessing we upset someone who posts on this thread, he doesn't seem to want to comment mind you.

Posted on 8 Aug 2013 17:32:20 BDT
Out of interest has anyone used Wii U Chat???
I've not used it as of yet but was curious to know what it's like

Posted on 8 Aug 2013 18:06:54 BDT
John Morris says:
" Out of interest has anyone used Wii U Chat???
I've not used it as of yet but was curious to know what it's like "

Mr. S. P. Land,

I would like to visit another town so cheers mate.

When I first got the console a friend from the U.S just fired a Wii U video chat request and I did not know what to do,I guess people from the U.S are not as reserved as us.

But if you are up for it I would love to try the Wii U video chat out.

Posted on 8 Aug 2013 18:38:27 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 8 Aug 2013 18:38:42 BDT]

Posted on 8 Aug 2013 18:40:29 BDT
Well I have been given the upgraded to first class....have cancelled all pre orders. This is why I always put pre orders down in GAME say what you want about costing more but I know 100% I an walk into the store get the console and take it home without having to rely on any thrid party.

The Wii U launch was a sham with Amazon one of the worst experiences of my life I vowed then that any pre orders online would be back up to high street orders...I definetley will get a PS4 from game so these would have got cancelled anyway but it has annoyed me that I have to cancel all my pre orders for game and bu ray.

Posted on 8 Aug 2013 21:32:42 BDT
Chester says:
What is this about getting charged for pre orders? I have a PS4 and some games pre ordered but wasn't charged? I wouldn't want to get charged as i don't have the money in my account atm

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2013 21:41:50 BDT
Matthew says:
Already covered on this thread already. Just something that happened with a fair few peoples pre orders. Amazon have caught onto it and it likely won't happen again. We don't know anything more than that as Amazon are apparently still investigating why this happened.

Chances are if you weren't affected, you likely won't be affected in the future.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Aug 2013 02:14:31 BDT
Chester says:
Okay, thanks.

I wouldn't want to be charged 350 for a PS4 right now lol
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  93
Total posts:  8925
Initial post:  24 Jul 2013
Latest post:  49 seconds ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions