Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Official Amazon Football Thread - Fourth Official (No Fergie Time)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 19 Jun 2013 09:22:20 BDT
Moyes' first 5 games.

Swansea (a)
Chelsea (h)
Liverpool (a)
Palace (h)
City (a)

Well. They've got it pretty tough haven't they.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 09:25:12 BDT
My eldest son's first ever game - England v World and European Champions Spain.

1-0 to God's country. Stick your tapas up your...

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 09:25:55 BDT
RAB says:
Bury V Chesterfield
Cheltenham V Burton
Exeter V Bristol Rovers
Fleetwood V Dag & Red
Newport V Accrington
Portsmouth V Oxford Utd
Rochdale V Hartlepool
Scunthorpe V Mansfield
Southend V Plymouth
Torquay V Wimbledon
Wycombe V Morecambe
York V Northampton

Might take my dad to Fratton Park for that, it's his birthday that weekend.

Premier League kicks off 17th August, Football League on the 3rd.

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 09:27:17 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 Jun 2013 09:36:37 BDT
So after going through Chelsea's fixture list i've realised just how little teams there are up here. Used to have Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan I could go to. May have to consider visiting the Dolphins and seeing Newcastle Vs Chelsea on November 2nd.

Southampton away is on Jan 1st. I think i'm going to be down south for that so i'll try and blag a ticket from my uncle. Him and Shaun have season tickets for Saints.

Our fixtures are pretty difficult in first 6 games. Not quite United difficult mind. It may change as well when the Super Cup date is announced.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 09:28:51 BDT
That's one hell of a game to go see. When was that Lill?

My first football game I went to was Southampton Vs Blackburn. Le Tissier Vs Shearer. 1-1. Cracking game.

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 09:28:55 BDT
RAB says:
"June 1st."

Really?

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 09:30:59 BDT
RAB says:
First game I went to was one of Wigan's 8 consectutive Challenge Cup Finals, this one being in '91. Although I hadn't been born yet.

First football match was the San Diego Flash some time in the 90s. Don't remember a thing about it other than the name of the team. Wasn't an MLS game.

First United game was a 3-2 win over Everton on Boxing Day in 2003. Great day out.

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 09:31:23 BDT
Pompey away, that's going to be interesting...

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 09:37:41 BDT
First game I saw was United vs West Ham in 88.
2-0 with Davenport and Hughes scoring with a young Mr Ince lining up for the hammers.

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 09:38:13 BDT
RAB says:
On a side note, it's damn hard to find this thread without the orange "You created this discussion" above it.

:(

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 09:38:15 BDT
Portsmouth have been busy in the market already Stimpy as well. It could be a good time to play them really if they haven't played much as a team.

Meant January 1st Ryan sorry.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 09:39:32 BDT
RAB says:
Ah right.

If you could get a second ticket for that I'd be up for joining. Think of it as an early birthday present.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 09:40:41 BDT
Haha apologies Ryan, it is nice to see that orange in the discussions forum. However this is the only thread I use so i'm rarely in it.

Final day fixtures:
Cardiff Vs Chelsea
Southamton Vs United
Norwich Vs Arsenal
Spurs Vs Villa

Watching Sky Sports so never got to catch who City were playing.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 09:41:54 BDT
Yeah i'll look into it with the tickets Ryan. I'll try get us Chelsea tickets as neither of us really want to be in the Southampton end.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 09:42:02 BDT
RAB says:
"Watching Sky Sports so never got to catch who City were playing."

Who cares?

We're away to them on the 21st (probably 22nd as it'll be a Super Sunday match) and at home to them some time in March.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 09:43:30 BDT
RAB says:
I'm not fussy but if you inflict Curse of Dave upon the entire home end I don't think we'll make it out alive.

Which is to say Ant, if you're reading, I'm sure Saints fans are all very nice...

Although I will be cheering on Southampton regardless of the end as I imagine we'll need them to do us a favour.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 09:43:54 BDT
Oxford have bought a few new faces in too but mainly dishing out new contracts to squad.
Believe Rose is back there, ex United lad.

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 09:47:06 BDT
I don't know how much these players are costing Portsmouth, but i'm guessing they don't need to worry about finances so much at the moment.

I thought the curse of Dave only works with United?

City have West Ham on the final day Ryan. I'd figure it was important since it could be a repeat of 2012 :p

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 09:56:16 BDT
Carl says:
Last four games of the season for Norwich are Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 09:59:47 BDT
Datolite says:
I issue frequencies to users without interference/intermodulation products. For example, if there are three music stages close to each other all with a band playing at the same time I need to make sure the frequencies that I issue for the three bands are not going to cause problems with each other. Also have to make sure there's no Digital Television Transmissions on the frequency range they're going to use.

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 10:00:00 BDT
RAB says:
Ouch.

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 10:03:52 BDT
"I issue frequencies to users without interference/intermodulation products."

Oh, so you work on the tannoy in Bejam?

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 10:04:05 BDT
Sounds quite technical Freddie. It's one of those jobs you tend to forget about but are largely important. As most technical jobs in a media industry are.

Oh dear, if Norwich are ever struggling towards the end of the year those fixtures could be the end of them. Saying that they won some important games against tough teams in the last fixtures last year didn't they.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 10:07:24 BDT
Datolite says:
It's more engineering than media industry, we deal with the F1 and Wimbledon and such. On a work related note I'm going to Glasto this year.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 10:10:05 BDT
Two years back Dave. Spain were playing football, but the game was best encapsulated by my son asking why Spain never shoot!
Discussion locked

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  60
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  17 Jun 2013
Latest post:  24 Apr 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions