Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Dark Souls co-op gang & general chat

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 7 Oct 2011 17:11:33 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Oct 2011 17:12:05 BDT
Tesco Ent did send it 2nd class. The dimensions of it are, I guess, twice the size of a normal game. The BP Edition is about 2.5-2.75 times (of a normal game) as wide.
My dispatch email from them was sent on the 5th at a quarter past midnight.

Posted on 7 Oct 2011 17:16:54 BDT
G. S. Rai says:
"Or you could just play U3 mp??"

yeah I'm doing that now....id much rather get killed a hundred times by some weird looking demons

Posted on 7 Oct 2011 17:17:16 BDT
Well i hope it arrives tomorrow morning.. it would be a travesty to not be able to play it the entire weekend !

Posted on 7 Oct 2011 18:23:40 BDT
Trigger says:
Bloody Tesco. Raaaaah!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2011 18:24:48 BDT
Taking it you haven't got Dark Souls?

*note to self - never preorder from Tesco*

Posted on 7 Oct 2011 19:00:40 BDT
G. Hanks says:
Mine arrived today sweeeet! As Kai said, they shipped by 5pm and it arrived by lunchtime today. My faith in amazon has been maintained (I judge myself for questioning them.)

Done the first boss using the tactics Mozza mentioned. Took about 5 attempts to get it though. Been flambe'd a few times, met several deaths but progress is relatively consistent. Also as I'm low level there are some soul farming opportunities regarding the cause of my previous flambation.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2011 19:05:34 BDT
Trigger says:
I did only pay 29 pounds though, and the last 2 games I bought from them both came a day early. If it's not here tomorrow though I'm buying it from one of their stores then taking back the other copy when it arrives.

Posted on 7 Oct 2011 21:22:55 BDT
Wow - played what I think is the tutorial level (up to first boss) - took me an age because I did not realise I had a decent weapon on me and I was using some rusty bit of metal for an age - once I had a decent weapon I made it through but the defence practice of using the rusty blade held me in good stead - love the mechanic with the health replenishing thingy though fear I may come to hate it. Made the mistake of trying to dash through an area with some dodgy skeletons and now I have a pile of souls at the end of a whole heap of trouble.

Great game based on this intro though - allready staring hatefully at the TV till I can play more - dammit, loving Gears 3 and Fifa 12 too.

Note: wandered into Argos with Dead Space 2 and Brink; got more or less what I paid for them in trade, walked out with the shiny special ed of Dark Souls for 19.99. Pre-ordering is over-rated sometimes ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2011 21:41:16 BDT
Also ordered from tesco (360) and has not turned up. Had today off to (grumble grumble).

Posted on 8 Oct 2011 08:19:31 BDT
John Smith says:
Here's hoping Tesco deliver today

Posted on 8 Oct 2011 09:40:24 BDT
Just arrived in the post from tesco woohoo

Posted on 8 Oct 2011 09:54:32 BDT
Steve says:
I died more times in the first half hour than I did in the whole gears of war. Sweet jebus this game is though. It's that though it makes chuck Norris look like a big girl.

Posted on 8 Oct 2011 10:08:41 BDT
Chuck norris is a pussy(cat)!
Bolo Yeung (enter the dragon, bloodsport) is hardcore!

Posted on 8 Oct 2011 10:38:48 BDT
djburty says:
awesome game so far - certainly best game this year - better than demon's souls? too early to tell ... the co-op didn't work last night with mojo, for instance. however, i like all the changes and it's very tough! certainly a grinders paradice with each piece of armour upgradeable! the level design is great with surprising shortcuts opening up - thanks to mojo for the ladder kick shortcut :)

Posted on 8 Oct 2011 11:00:12 BDT
lol already stuck with the main door when it says "something is obstructing the door"

Posted on 8 Oct 2011 11:06:11 BDT
Delivered this morning, now in PS3 creating character, debating if I should have got a new controller ;P

If anyone wants to add me I'm gakuto_bongo on ps3, just let me know you're from amazon.

Posted on 8 Oct 2011 11:08:21 BDT
John Smith says:
Seems like a few people are getting their Tesco orders today. Bloody postman hasn't been yet!

Posted on 8 Oct 2011 11:30:25 BDT
djburty says:
i have 3 available routes blocked by boss-type enemies- each of them squashes me with one-hit kills - time to grind levels and upgrading equipment, methinks :)

Posted on 8 Oct 2011 12:08:25 BDT
I just lost a shed load of souls due to my own stupidity! Not a major RPG man but have to agree with the potential GOTY mutterings - I like how health regen and soul arrows are limited but recharge. Just got to this mad demon dude (MILD SPOILER**t*a*u*r*u*s) but need to sort some decent range weaponry out for some arrow dudes. Love the fact that I have played the same small section 30 odd times but still love playing it.

Will need to revisit Demon's Souls after this as I only gave that 20 hours or so - however the regeneration of certain items in this is a win for me - means you don't get stuck with nothing!

Posted on 8 Oct 2011 12:18:28 BDT
Robson, that boss owned me but if you want a hint read on

** SPOILER/ BOSS STRATEGY **

As soon as he appears turn around and climb the ladder, when you reach the top walk off the edge and do a drop attack, should knob off a load of health. Run away down the walk way then when he cones at you roll past an run back to the ladder rinse and repeat.

** END SPOILER/STRATEGY **

Posted on 8 Oct 2011 12:21:58 BDT
Thanks Ewok - sweet - will try that later!

Posted on 8 Oct 2011 13:15:54 BDT
John Smith says:
Christ, this is hard

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Oct 2011 13:46:06 BDT
Don't thank me, thank the guy who left the message on the tower.

Posted on 8 Oct 2011 14:10:36 BDT
Telik says:
Got it on ps3. PSN is Telik, Skype name is Telsor

Just beat the boss at the first bell ^^

Posted on 8 Oct 2011 15:30:55 BDT
I just rang the first bell too - if this really is half way through the game then it's mug shorter the Demon's Souls....
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  109
Total posts:  5334
Initial post:  5 Oct 2011
Latest post:  1 Aug 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions