Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Platini's Fifth Official Amazon Football Thread - Post Fergie Number 1

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 29 Apr 2014 10:27:37 BDT
Dan Fante says:
My main problem with Pardew is that he doesn't seem to have any philosophy about how to play the game. He tries to be a bit too clever and out think the opposition almost irrespective of who they are. It's ok when things are going well (although I put that down to Remy and Cabaye being class in the first half of the season as much as anything) but he doesn't seem to be able to react when things aren't working. The runs this season post Xmas and the run of results last season seem to indicate this. The owner's the main problem but we could still attract a far better manager than Pardew imo.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 10:36:53 BDT
C. Zobel says:
Pardew ex Croydon palace, ex anorak and last but by no means least ex vermin.............enough said

Posted on 29 Apr 2014 10:50:55 BDT
J. Morgan says:
I think it's just a case of Newcastle having an owner,manager and to a lesser extent players who have no ambition beyond staying in the Premier. I can't see any other reason to explain the difference in pre xmas and post xmas.

Posted on 29 Apr 2014 10:54:18 BDT
Mr. X says:
They've gone downhill since Joe Kinnear left. Bring back Kinnear, it's the only way.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 10:59:26 BDT
Dan Fante says:
JFK as he's known.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 11:03:01 BDT
Dan Fante says:
The apathy from the owner and his lickspittle is bound to trickle down.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 12:07:01 BDT
actually true :(

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 12:44:17 BDT
"6 game loses in 7 or something, unsure why Newcastle have had this complete meltdown, they seemed to be chasing Europa at one stage."

Think you've answered your own question there mate.

I had a few quid on Arsenal to score 5+, if only they'd got out of first gear I would've won my bet.

I'm at the point now where I don't care who leaves, maybe Krul is the only one I'd be bothered about. Too many French players who see us as a stepping stone to a bigger club. We have an owner who wants to make money by doing the absolute minimum. Whereas if he'd speculate to accumulate we would make more money the higher we finish, and/or by winning a trophy. Not too long after he'd been here they released a statement which basically said he's not as rich as somebody like Abrahmovich(sic?) - Few owners are. He's still a sodding billionaire!!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 12:54:14 BDT
Exactly my thoughts too Bozz. Maybe 50 now?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 12:55:06 BDT
Bozz says:
Well if Torres was worth 50m who knows!!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 12:55:48 BDT
Not unless its a really good price?

He is only 1 1/2 years into his contract and we did actually buy him for a fee unlike our usual.

Personally I would not sell him for less than 20m

I think he is currently my favourite Toon player and currently our best player as well, his injuries have been a real loss to us this year.

Debuchy for Captain

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 12:56:57 BDT
Id take Moyes over Laudrup, something went wrong at Swansea, I think Moyes would be a better long term guy and I think he'll jump through fire for us to salvage his reputation.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 12:58:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Apr 2014 13:00:03 BDT
Dan Fante says:
From a money-making point of view, a better manager who allowed his players to and gave them the confidence to express themselves, would result in their value being increased (more often than not anyway). The excellent scouting is wasted on Pardew. Obviously from a fans' pov that's not an ideal way to achieve success (i.e. buying to sell at a profit a couple of years down the line) but it would be better than at present where most players' value seems to be decreasing if anything. As for not going for the cups, in recent years you've had Swansea, Birmingham, Wigan and Portsmouth winning trophies with the likes of the mackems, Bradford, Stoke and Cardiff getting into finals, so it's not like it's a closed shop for the top 4 or 5 teams, which makes it all the more frustrating. The Cup record under Pardew is terrible. Have we won an FA Cup tie since he arrived?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 13:00:13 BDT
RAB says:
The thing what went wrong is exactly what went wrong at Newcastle. They overachieved one season, reached the Europa League, but didn't have the resources to bolster the squad enough to cope with it. I personally don't think they were doing too badly when they sacked Laudrup, plus they got through their group. He's a good manager but I don't think he'd fancy the Newcastle job.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 13:01:21 BDT
RAB says:
I agree, there's absolutely no reason for Newcastle to not be going on a cup run.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 13:13:07 BDT
Ashley is a Billionaire, but he spends it all on pies and BJ's from Joke In Ear

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 14:01:16 BDT
Yes we have got the round 4 once, and all other times we went out in Round 3.

League cup run is also very poor and usually out in first or second rounds.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 14:01:46 BDT
I don't either

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 14:02:20 BDT
Nessy says:
Where are my results ?, I predicted on page 3 :p.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 14:16:28 BDT
On me head son, says Pardew

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 14:29:36 BDT
Dan Fante says:
That Ben Arfa goal against Blackburn in the 3rd round then we lost to Brighton. I had to look it up but I remember it now.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 14:37:26 BDT
RAB says:
Sorry mate! Amended now. You got 4.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 14:41:14 BDT
C. Zobel says:
"League cup run is also very poor and usually out in first or second rounds."

The Mags take part in the first round of the Rumbelows Cup these days do they?

Do continue to mark me down for wondering why you'd choose to put your club on the same level as Morecambe and Fleetwood please, didn't realise things were that bad on the Toon.

Posted on 29 Apr 2014 14:47:48 BDT
C. Zobel says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 14:50:54 BDT
Dan Fante says:
I like Laudrup and would take him without question but, given he went to Swansea (and was subsequently sacked) I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that he would take the Newcastle job. I'm not convinced he'd be the owner's cup of tea though.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  46
Total posts:  2852
Initial post:  24 Apr 2014
Latest post:  49 minutes ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions