Yodel are the worst courier ever

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 183 posts in this discussion
Posted on 18 Oct 2012 12:31:43 BDT
abdul says:
Yodel are extremely unreliable.

Posted on 22 Oct 2012 23:15:41 BDT
J. Blick says:
not yet had anything being delivered by Yodel but I am currently experiencing trouble with City Link.

Ordered a new 27" Benq monitor on friday for next day shipping. Still hadn't received my monitor by 1pm so used their site to track my order. Apparently it had been delivered at 9:37am, someone signing 'AKE' for it. As it was Saturday they are only open til midday so got on phone to Amazon to explain that I had been eagerly waiting for my new toy to arrive and that it hadn't been delivered as my building has individual flat numbered intercom system which never buzzed. I knew it was complete bs and questioned why a large expensive item (usually well labelled as a monitor) would just be handed over to whoever they decide to buzz at the time.

text a mate simply saying 'city link=robbing bastards', he replied 'what they done? iv'e never had a problem with them. except that time when my monitors went missing LOL!'
I bet when the courier realised he had to deliver a 1 item order consisting of an expensive PC monitor, to a building of multiple tennants, he thought that xmas had come early

*EDIT*

Amazon have contacted me to inform me that CL have now located my order, which is now out on delivery. Despite them already having supposedly delivered it on Saturday.

Hmmm...

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Oct 2012 12:31:52 BDT
City Link often 'sign' an item as received before they deliver it. I had the same issue when my weekend 'guaranteed by 12pm' delviery had not arrived at 4pm. When I checked the tracking details it was recorded as signed for at aroun 9am.

I tried to call the company but a recorded message said they were closed. Imagine my surprise when my packaged turned up at 6:30pm.

I believe they contract self-employed drivers to deliver (once, one of their 'delivery drivers' turned up in his own taxi!) and get the drivers to sign for receipt when they hand the items over to them.

Posted on 13 Nov 2012 23:45:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Dec 2012 11:59:09 GMT
MrEagle says:
I ordered a parcel and the tracking said that a calling card was left, which is not the case. Today I checked the tracker throughout the day where it said "out for delivery". When I got home it was still out for delivery until I checked the tracker late tonight where it now says they couldn't get access to the building and an attempt was made at 08:51. I didn't leave until 09:15 and so this is a lie. I had similar problems with DPD; amazon Customer Services were very friendly and prompt, but I still ended up cancelling my order and probably will do again. I ordered the item using Prime next day delivery which annoys me further. I like Amazon but I will not order larger items with them again simply because the couriers are dishonest and unreliable. This was a birthday gift so I now have to either find time to visit the depot (details are apparently on the card which they didn't actually leave!) or wait for it to be returned to Amazon, obtain a refund (further use of my time to arrange) and go to a shop to source the item myself. If I was genuinely unavailable or the claims the couriers made were accurate, I wouldn't mind, but this simply is not the case.

Update! The following day the tracker was updated to say that the item was delivered. No card was left and the item was not delivered! I was extremely annoyed as this was a birthday gift. There are only two scenarios which could have occurred: 1 - the item was left with a neighbour. 2 - The item was never delivered. I called Yodel and asked where the package was, they couldn't even tell me if it was with a neighbour, and as there was no card I had no further indication to work from. I spoke to Amazon who were once again very helpful. They deactivated the electronic device I had ordered, at my request, so the item could not be used by anyone else. They also sent me a replacement. I had a chat with the customer service rep on the phone at Amazon and explained the situation, and did appreciate not to be made to feel like a fraudulent claimant (there are so many people trying it on, I imagine, that it does make you feel somewhat uncomfortable despite being in an honest predicament). As I was flying out to Paris shortly thereafter I was very pleased it did arrive, although I had to take a day off work to ensure I received it in time. Amazon however couldn't control which courier would deliver the item and so it seems to have been pure luck that Royal Mail were used, who have no issues making deliveries to me.
I suspect the package was never delivered and therefore have written to Yodel to complain, leaving absolutely no indication of where it may be, no access to proof of signature, and not being able to even trace a delivery is ridiculous and unprofessional. It is possible that not every company would have replaced the item at no cost, like Amazon did, or what if it had been an irreplaceable item? This is simply not good enough from a courier whom are representing a company on the scale of Amazon. I am only one customer to a multi million business, but I still humbly recommend Amazon re-evaluates this aspect of its logistics model, as I believe it is damaging their strongly customer-centric reputation and business vision.

Posted on 8 Dec 2012 11:22:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Dec 2012 11:29:17 GMT
Geoffrey Lee says:
Just had another late delivery from HDNL/Yodel and the courier did a 'drop and run'. He put the package on my porch, knocked on the door, and ran for his vehicle. I know this as I was near the front door when he knocked and it took me all of 2 or 3 seconds to open door. The driver was already getting into his van when I opened the door.

While this does happen on rare occasions with other courier services it seems to be a common occurrence with HDNL in my experience.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2012 13:06:46 GMT
Rao says:
Yes I too seen this very common with Yodel. I guess that's how they are being instructed to do ;-)

Posted on 8 Dec 2012 13:17:07 GMT
K. Daniels says:
Torrential rain so they leave my parcel (books) outside!! Didnt even knock the door!! Watched them frm upstairs window. Obviously took them straight in. Books ok ( just) but cardboard box disintergrated. Yodel suck!!!

Posted on 10 Dec 2012 11:51:51 GMT
Card through the door with *sorry you weren't in* circled. With no other writing. We don't know who in the house it's for or what it is. Have given the printed number on the card to Yodel and they don't know what it is.
I think they're run by monkeys.
1 month now and no response other then "We need other information".
I don't HAVE other info, there was 2 birthdays in our house so I think it was a gift.
Drop them immediately.

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 19:13:18 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Dec 2012 21:21:24 GMT
Marc Dennis says:
I was given a delivery time of 7am-12 mid day. 6 pm no delivery, I check the tracking info and the package is delivered, signed as well, which is damn good as no one one knocked and there is no package here and i havent left the house all day.

***UPDATE***

Re-ordered the missing product which would have been with free delivery only for the driver to show up an hour later!!

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 20:02:19 GMT
DJ-Cyphon says:
City Link and Yodel shouldn't even be used by Amazon with the amount of complaints they must get. I ordered 2 anime boxsets with next day delivery, meant to be delivered on the 18th... only got them yesterday.. not a big deal I suppose.. but the fact that the tracking was a joke. apparently it had got delivered 3 days before I ordered it (wtf?) then i checked it a few hours later and it said out for delivery in hampshire, miles from me,then it was being scanned again, then it got delivered AGAIN but signed for by ''PORCH''... So I thought they had delivered it to someone else miles away... but then the next morning the tracking said out for delivery.. by 7pm i checked once again and it said "attempted delivery but no one was in" which is b***s*** since I was in all day... got it the next morning.. didn't even knock.. just posted it even thou the delivery guy is meant to get it signed for.. All that in just a couple days.

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 20:20:38 GMT
paul2506 says:
the guy who delvers for yodel in the ng18 area looks like hes on drugs- jesus how bad can they get?

Posted on 15 Feb 2013 16:50:37 GMT
amazon provides amazon prime using yodel for delivery! what a joke!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2013 09:33:10 GMT
Last edited by the author on 16 Mar 2013 09:34:36 GMT
Sinbad says:
Twice i have had dealings with Yodel both times tracking said tried to deliver but not in!! both times (last one yesterday) i have been in but Nothing not even a card you go back on tracking system and it asks for number on card BUT NO CARD, i spoke to yodel yesterday we will have it with you first thing in morning, contacted amazon then Yodel called, it may arrive sometime this afternoon. Amazon BIN THEM

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2013 17:20:01 BDT
So you will return it I hope?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2013 17:21:32 BDT
female essentials......now theres a line lol

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2013 17:43:44 BDT
Yodel are carp? sounds fishy to me .

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2013 17:44:58 BDT
Sounds fine to me! why is is sinister?

Posted on 25 Jun 2013 22:50:03 BDT
S. M. Rahman says:
yodel dont provide a delivery service. A delivery service would be required to ... deliver. Was expecting a luggage (not bought from Amazon) on Friday. I have CCTV ... no delivery person came round, yet I received a message saying they attempted delivery. Why bother lying? Called up, was promised delivery on Saturday. Didnt arrive on Saturday. Called up again, was promised delivery on Monday. Again, no one turned up in the morning, and again it says they attempted delivery. Where exactly did they attempt this? Called up again, asking why their drivers are so incompetent. Finally, Monday around 4ish in the afternoon, someone leaves a card outside while Im at home. Deliver the package! Do they deliberately do this to antagonise people?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jun 2013 06:46:05 BDT
There are so many complaints about Yodel and yet Amazon plus still continue to use them. The staff are contractors using their own vehicles so there is no 'incentive' to do a good job - I'll get there when I get there!!!!

Posted on 26 Jun 2013 11:21:30 BDT
Marc Dennis says:
dominos drivers use their own vehicles and still deliver on time 90% of the time

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jul 2013 22:50:09 BDT
dave7341 says:
I agree,why do Amazon keep using this company.I beleive these delivery people get extra money to re-deliver.thats why they claim nobody was in.happened to us this morning 7.15am. no knock,no ring on the door bell.I f i know yodel are the delivery firm now,i cancel the order

Posted on 18 Jul 2013 23:35:05 BDT
I have also have experienced the dreadful yodel. Guy at the depot was nice but the delivery driver was a kn0b

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Aug 2013 16:19:52 BDT
George Fry says:
Well said

Posted on 24 Aug 2013 14:41:09 BDT
I too have been in all day before and they've updated the tracking to say they tried to deliver it and left a card. No card, no delivery, I guess the bloke in the van decided to clock off early and pretend he'd tried to deliver his parcels. I rearranged it online and it came a different day.

Thankfully amazon immediately refunded my next-day delivery postage costs.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2013 14:59:55 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Aug 2013 15:00:32 BDT
I can guarantee that if customers had a choice of which courier to use,royal mail would come top,yes ,I am a postman.prey it don't get privatised
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  92
Total posts:  183
Initial post:  25 Nov 2011
Latest post:  25 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions