Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Amazon Xbox 360 Thread - Part 10

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 19 Apr 2012 12:35:23 BDT
Thanks john, I have a 2nd interview next Tuesday to meet the boss. Fingers crossed.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 12:41:01 BDT
Ollie - just remember life's golden rule;

"If in doubt - get it out"

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 12:55:26 BDT
Greg its that rule thats got me in trouble in the past ;)

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 13:26:58 BDT
Afternoon gents,

How's about that old weather then?

Just opened my payslip today to see that I have been given a £50 Brucie Bonus, not sure what it was for but I am not complaining. I would like to try and convince the Mrs that me getting ME3 was the best way to invest it but I can't see her going for it what with me needing a wheel bearing replaced on the car and the tax for it is just up too. At least it will soften the blow to my bank balance lol

Good luck with the 2nd interview Ollie, I hate interviews but if they are bringing you back that can only be good news.

As you were

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 14:20:00 BDT
Thanks, I've also tried that approach with my Mrs when purchasing games. Least we say it didnt work

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 14:41:04 BDT
Very quiet today. I blame Dean for starting the thread! Greg would never have allowed for such posting apathy!

Good luck with the 2nd interview, Ollie.

Colin, you could accidentally order ME3 from here as it's £23.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 15:14:58 BDT
I...don't....know what to talk about really...

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 15:15:48 BDT
BALLYSEAGAL says:
aye its been deed alright

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 15:16:29 BDT
BALLYSEAGAL says:
Russ whats been your favourite book on Skyrim? lol

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 15:23:21 BDT
RAB says:
Question chaps.

How much is Trials Evo and what's the best way of getting MSP?

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 15:28:23 BDT
Well, I have the house to myself this evening, so I'm tempted to have an old school gaming night (guessing that wasn't on your minds, you filthy bumders). A bit of SFIV challenges and perhaps try and finish the last challenge on Brink for 100Gs if I remember how to play the game. I could do with a few volunteers sometime to help with 2 easy achievements in Brink.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 15:31:49 BDT
I think Trials Evo is 1200 MSP. You can order instant points from a few places or you can simply get some direct from your 360. If I do the latter, I tend to delete my card details immediately after just to stop random Neil-esque type purchasing.

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 15:33:29 BDT
Afternoon chaps,

Been off work this week and hitting the books hard in preparation for an exam next week so very little Xbox time :(

Ollie, congrats on the job front mate, I'll keep my fingers crossed for your 2nd interview. Got a possible new job prospect on the horizon myself so things are looking up.

RAB, only way I've ever bought M$ points is straight from the dashboard with the credit card I have stored. Nice, easy and simple just select the game you want and try to buy it. If you don't have the required points available it's ask if you want to purchase them and give you the option. You can buy them in bulk from places like amazon if you don't have a card registered and they send you a code to give you the points. If you still have a GAME open nearby then they sell points too and often you can buy the exact points value for the game you want rather than in blocks of 500 from the dashboard.

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 15:33:49 BDT
RAB says:
Cheers Rich, which option's cheaper or is it much of a muchness?

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 15:34:44 BDT
Equinox80 says:
Trials Evo is 1200 MSP. Think I'll wait until it's on sale though as if Trials HD is anything to go by I'll only unlock half of it.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 15:35:32 BDT
I might be on the Xbox tonight myself Rich. Fancy some Gears?

I can't find that get gnashy playlist, seems to have gone now.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 15:38:47 BDT
RAB, not much difference in MSP across the board these days. Probably more convenient to go via the dashboard or the Xbox live website (if you can access it from work).

Wayne, I think they replaced the playlist with a new first to 5 round execution match. Same set up, but 1 minute rounds. To my delight, I managed to execute Minh 3 times with Raam. Not sure what happened, but whoever was playing as Minh wasn't moving so I took advantage lol.

May be tempted with Gears 3 if there's enough to tackle the beast mode FoN maps.

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 15:42:49 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 Apr 2012 15:43:35 BDT
You likely found an idle booster trying for seriously 3.0, I don't think I'll ever get that execute minh achievement :(

Oh and congrats on reaching a 10th thread everyone. Always a time for reflection when a new thread starts. To think I've been posting on and off since the very first thread. That's a lot of Internet posting when I should have been working lol.

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 15:43:12 BDT
Colin, I PM'ed you on Live on Monday saying I'd send you my ME3.

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 15:43:14 BDT
Equinox80 says:
Rich/Wayne I'll on the Xbox tonight so send me a message if you need another person for beast or horde. Craig also said he was up for some Gears the other day.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 15:45:27 BDT
"You likely found an idle booster trying for seriously 3.0, I don't think I'll ever get that execute minh achievement :("

Possible. Still need 7 more for the achievement anyway so could be a long wait before that happens again.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 15:47:44 BDT
John, if you and Craig are about, we may as well try the lambent berserker horde achievement on a FoN map for a tasty 50G. We'd need one more player! Lill, you know you want to be the 5th man! After all, you wasted money on the season pass so you may as well give it a bash :P

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 15:50:56 BDT
Equinox80 says:
Sounds good Rich and hopefully that will also pop the original 'complete 50 waves' 10G cheevo that still eludes me.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 15:52:48 BDT
"Russ whats been your favourite book on Skyrim? lol"

I'm not very good at remembering book titles but there are some interesting ones.

I particularly enjoy the ones that focus around a skillset. Like thief, stealth, sword training. There are some comedy ones. One that creeped me out a little was in play format. I like the adventures that Skotti has in all the books that he is mentioned in. One moment that particularly stands out is where he has to sink into the floor and get ingested by a root worm. It's a form of travel that he uses to go to a distant village. It's stuff like this that paints a much bigger story of the gaming world you play in...even if you never get to see it.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 15:54:17 BDT
"I could do with a few volunteers sometime to help with 2 easy achievements in Brink."

I got that easy achievement for Brink. The one where you get 100g for calling the game a see you next tuesday 100 times in a within a minute for being so frustrating.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Participants:  85
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  17 Apr 2012
Latest post:  30 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions