Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

GT5 Cars Discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1272 posts in this discussion
Posted on 9 Dec 2010 09:12:25 GMT
Tom_ says:
I finally managed to buy a pickup truck last night. After a bit of tuning I won both races quite easily.
If anyone wants a lend of it just let me know an I will send it on its way.

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 09:13:55 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Dec 2010 09:16:03 GMT
Ant,
Thanks for the offer of loaning a car but i completed some of the special events yesterday. No car needed and now have a few gems. Maserati GT!
Also some mazda funari or something which looks amazing goes like stink round corners too as it's light 665kg and has decent hp. Sent you a big yellow pick up to lend around if you don't need as you seem to be the hub for loaners. Got anything red with a prancing horse for a few races?

Also anyone bought the nissan gtr looks amazing but how does it drive.

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 09:40:18 GMT
Nice one, good to hear you're back on track (fnar).

The Nissan's a decent car and pretty versatile (can enter a lot of events). It's quick when tuned but is another that starts to get unwieldy to handle on the more technical courses. Still well worth a buy for a fairly inexpensive unguided missile approach. I've probably been a little harsh on it anyway.

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 10:03:22 GMT
anyone else have a momment of weakness and buy a Renualt 5 Turbo. Bought me back to when in london all the young drivers aspired to this hot hatch.

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 10:37:07 GMT
I bought an E-Type Jag just 'cos - didn't need it for any events! If anyone has British Racing Green they could send me I'd be much obliged - it was a bargain but I think the nasty beige colour is a giveaway as to why.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2010 10:53:09 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Dec 2010 10:57:22 GMT
Gibbon says:
I'll check for British racing green when I get home, but I'm pretty sure I used it on my Mini (real mini, not the BMW monstrosity :p)
However, if you haven't bought a mini for the mini championship, that has a BRG colour option.

BTW, I hate new minis.

P.S. The 2D is still up for grabs if people have something I don't have to swap for it (I am collecting cars :p)

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 10:54:58 GMT
Ant, Will look through my paint tonight. Don't think i do though! I have similar any good?

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 12:39:34 GMT
Yeah, anything close would be grand!

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 12:43:06 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Dec 2010 12:43:26 GMT
Barca says:
Chaps,

Just reading through and I noticed that there is a pickup truck being offered around.

Been trying for ages to find one to buy, but with no luck. Could someone lend me one please. I'll even wash and service it before sending it back.

Thankyou please.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2010 13:20:09 GMT
Gibbon says:
If the pickup up for 'hire' doesn't return I'll lend you mine.
As long as I get it back I don't care much about the wash and extra mileage etc
Its about the biggest pickup I found, QuadCab (Chrysler I believe, but will check when I get home) and it only wins after I tuned it. It is a monster of a truck.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2010 13:39:04 GMT
Tom_ says:
Manuel: I will add you tonight and send the pickup truck across.

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 13:40:47 GMT
I sent a yellow pick up to Ant

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 13:43:20 GMT
Todesengel85 says:
you know your getting obsessive compulsive when...

every car you buy you immediately respray it white so it matches your drivers racing overalls! :)

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 14:14:39 GMT
I am going mad trying to do the camper race (first one) I either get to near the end and one of them crashes into me and i hit a cone or in my haste to try and maintain speed i over cook it.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2010 14:51:39 GMT
I have skipped the camper race completely. Life is too short for such disappointments.

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 15:15:53 GMT
I enjoyed the camper race. Such a detailed driving race because of the same slow power, no hitting vehicles, cones or cuting corners. Slow precision driving, love it!

Second top gear race is bloomin hard in my opinion.

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 15:43:41 GMT
D. Holmes says:
red is the 2nd with lotus if so i agree i really struggled on that ive finished 2nd but guy in front can never pass him i tried so many times gave up in end it was getting annoying

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 15:44:22 GMT
the camper race is frustrating, the lead car starts miles infront of you and the AI is perfectly happy with ramming you off the track.

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 15:53:09 GMT
Gibbon says:
The last top gear challenge is fun... you get the kupelwagen. There are only 8 places to get through, but 16 on the track. Half of them start half way round the track and you 'meet' them on the cross-over (where the first corner and the follow-through overlap)
They normally take out one or two AI cars in different sections, as the track overlaps twice on the follow-through.

Great fun

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2010 15:56:38 GMT
Yeah its the lotus one. I tried just 3 times last night and got as far as 3rd. The car and opponents just take some getting used to. Once you know how its going to handle on each corner and what the others usually do it gets easier. The same goes for the campers. I tried a good 15-20 times, but silly little mistakes lost it for me. When i beat it i won by a good 3-4 seconds!

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2010 15:57:32 GMT
Sounds like fun. What level is that at?

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2010 16:00:59 GMT
Gibbon says:
honestly cant remember. Less than 20 though, maybe 17!??

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 16:07:45 GMT
D. Holmes says:
i think its chicago corner if you know top gear track well enough i pass loads on that bit by braking later than others but 1st place is still getting away might have to play a bit dirty and just ram him or swipe him im struggling on nascar too finished beginner one all gold, but next level im struggling to get golds in that

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 16:10:06 GMT
Gibbon says:
the second tier of NASCAR challenges are horrible... the car doesn't seem to steer right on those banks. (I'm sure it is right, but very odd feeling)
I got silver on them all, eventually

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 16:22:23 GMT
D. Holmes says:
i aint far off like point something from gold not even a second late i will conquer this at some point
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  77
Total posts:  1272
Initial post:  26 Nov 2010
Latest post:  26 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions