Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Watch Dogs delivery

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 207 posts in this discussion
Posted on 28 May 2014 12:26:55 BDT
MF says:
is it fun ?
Looks a tad dull to me .

In reply to an earlier post on 28 May 2014 12:59:49 BDT
noblood says:
"is it fun ?"

Time flew by whilst I was playing it so I'd say yes.
I've only touched the surface of the game, but liking the premise so far.

I've heard there's a lot of easter eggs in the game.
I found one last night - a raving rabbid that you could activate at a news stand.
Small thing but it made me smile.

Posted on 28 May 2014 17:37:56 BDT
I wish I was playing watchdogs but I haven't recieved it yet 2 days after the release date. Over the years I've spent a lot of money on amazon but I will not spend another penny on this site. Took 2 days off work hoping to play it and what a waste of time and I even paid for 1st class delivery to get it on release day. Very angry and frustrated.

Posted on 28 May 2014 17:54:09 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 28 May 2014 18:55:51 BDT]

Posted on 28 May 2014 18:41:17 BDT
MF says:
lol -- cant wait for cod

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2014 17:25:56 BDT
Gareth R says:
first class has been free on games since late 2014, porkies!

Posted on 2 Jun 2014 09:51:18 BDT
I've been playing Watchdogs the last couple of days. Finished Act 1. It's pretty good so far. I like the world - very detailed with lots of variety and good graphics - a bit like GTA obviously but with more going on making it more realistic, shinier graphics albeit they don't blow me away and good mix of game play. I'm not sure I like some of the missions - they get a bit annoying - the stealth missions where you cannot be seen, or you fail the mission, can be a bit tricky and car chases being pursued by everyone and their racer mate stuck to you like glue can be a little frustrating. I get there in the end though and try to make use of hacking to lose cars. The online is a mixed bag - a 1:1 online hacking tail can be a bit tense - but can I ever see them, even when the circle deceases in size? Are they invisible lol? And the Online Decryption games are crazy fun with 8 players but the only problem I get lots of connection failed and long wait times. Multiplayer seems OK but it's nothing special. I like Watchdogs but it really is nothing special - it's like a GTA with hacking and slightly shinier graphics. Looks better than Infamous Second Son though for all of the complaints of downgraded graphics.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2014 11:05:27 BDT
"Looks better than Infamous Second Son though for all of the complaints of downgraded graphics. "

Its amazing how people can perceive things like graphics so differently , I don't think Watch Dogs looks as good as Infamous at all, I would even argue its not that much 'better' than GTA5 last gen.

Still either way it is a fantastic game, loving everything about it ; ) ..not tried much of the online aspect bar taking some guys head off with a shotgun who tried to hack me !

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2014 11:26:03 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Jun 2014 11:26:29 BDT
Infamous SS was a mixed bag for me. Very pretty in the powers but the environments I found a little drab, uninspiring and mostly very samey, not much variety in graphics on buildings, and a bit lacking in detail. Watchdogs though I'm finding the environments much richer in variety and looking at some buildings it was so much more realistic than SS - there is so much to look at in Watchdogs. I don't think next gen has arrived yet graphically - it's like Last Gen 1.5.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2014 12:08:24 BDT
See, I think the opposite (this is coming from PC tinted eyes though)

I found GTA 5 quite poor in terms of graphics, a lot of jagged lines, and mush textures.

TLOU was a lot better tbh, but still nothing special. (different genre of game, so can see why)

Watch_Dogs impressed me a lot with its graphics, just like Killzone SF.

AC4:Black Flag was borderline, wasn't fantastic, but was a good start.

Fifa is Fifa, nothing special either.

I haven't got any other PS4 games to compare (Ie, Infamous SS, Thief, Wolfensien)

Posted on 2 Jun 2014 15:05:06 BDT
Bunga says:
Played a lot more Watch Dogs yesterday and this morning and I have to say I really am enjoying the game a lot. I've enjoyed all the campaign missions so far, but, for me, they're getting lost under a sea of other fun stuff to do...

The online 1v1 hacking in particular is just awesome. I had so many reservations about the fact that you can have someone crowbar their way into your game and my first experience of the mode didn't do anything to dissuade these reservations...the game found my match and he was clearly AFK so I literally just hacked him and stood and watched the bar fill up lol. Great for me, pretty annoying for him when he comes back to his computer!

After that though it has been some of the most fun MP action I've had in a while and a big departure from the kind of thing I'd usually take part in. The last one I took part in, the guy was shopping so I took my time to scope out a good hiding spot while he continued shopping - found a back alley behind the store with a slightly difficult to access roof (involved a bit of creative parkour). I then set the download off and hacked the nearest camera which provided me with a view of both directions of the corner of the alley and also where I was.

He spends ages mucking around on the street profiling NPC's before hacking a camera my camera can see on the street, unfortunately, he can't hack the camera I'm in because, well, I'm in it! (it displays a message saying the other camera is in use). Eventually he makes his way to the alley and I just casually watch him run past the corner as the bar reaches 100%. Very funny and serious satisfying.

In another instance I sat in my car hiding and each time he turned his back I'd move the car to the bit he'd just profiled and park/hide again lol. He finally started coming towards me at the 95% mark but I just set off driving on the opposite side of a long truck preventing his LOS - epic.

Posted on 3 Jun 2014 11:04:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jun 2014 11:05:35 BDT
More watchdogs for me last night. Really enjoying it. Unlocked the "bunker" place. Starting to see a bit of repetition in the missions - take down escaping target, kill him and escape or kill his henchmen drivers. This type of mission is becoming a bit too common for my liking - as it's not my favourite. Need more shoot outs! The world feels so alive too. Good game.

Posted on 3 Jun 2014 12:26:17 BDT
G. Hanks says:
Had some good hacking and tailing games last night on both sides. Really good fun and extremely tense. Getting out and sneaking around the back of a car just as someone is about to profile it was tense. Had to jump over a wall and hide, then jump back over the wall and into the car as he went around the wall. Heart nearly stopped.

When it all comes together it's really good, I like the gang hideouts and the crime interventions. There is some bad design though, cars are drivable but do handle badly and the camera does a poor job of keeping up when going around corners. If you turn the camera it then fixes the camera's position rather than GTA that allow you to look and then smoothly goes around the corner.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2014 13:09:11 BDT
Nessy says:
Sounds really good, think I'm going to pick this up on Friday.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2014 13:15:07 BDT
I get the feeling it will split opinion though. It's not GTA. It's openworld yea and it looks similar to GTA on appearance but the game play is different - of course there is the hacking which adds a new dimension to solving problems but I'd say it's a stealth game with shootouts when stealth goes boobies up. And it can be a tad frustrating - but very do-able, well, at least so far.

Posted on 3 Jun 2014 14:22:59 BDT
Yeah I agree with R, after 10 mins it doesn't feel like a GTA game at all.

I am loving the story too, much more than any GTA game !

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2014 14:31:37 BDT
+10000 This.

GTA5 didn't grab me as much as WD.

Spent easily 20+ hours so far and more than happy with the game, decent mechanics all round, and the missions so far are brilliant.

Posted on 3 Jun 2014 14:32:37 BDT
I'm enjoying the story too. It's simple but I do get the feeling of 'high tech cyber crime underworld bad ass in the shadows' - which I like. I prefer the characters in GTA5 - Trevor and Michael especially. So far the characters in WD are a little benign for my liking.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2014 14:46:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jun 2014 14:47:52 BDT
My problem with GTA5 was that it didn't grab me straight away, I enjoyed what I played, but wasn't goading for more play time on it. It was more a case of, "if I have to" rather than "I want to".

Admittedly, my little'un was born so didn't play any game on any platform (PS3 & PC at the time).

Have since played through TLOU and got a PS4, with the New Diablo 3 Expansion, Elder Scrolls Online (PC) and a couple more and having to play a game without worries/online/pausing (can just rush off without worrying, ie Football Manager).

My PS3 hasn't turn on for about 2 odd months when I was TLOU MP'in with Zort, Si , Bunny and a few others for a while.

I'll more than likely purchase GTA5 on PS4 and give it a go going, but for the first hours of play on both, WD walks all over GTA5 IMO..

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2014 14:46:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jun 2014 14:50:26 BDT
I definitely feel like an angry bad ass hacker ready to being the city to its knees in order for revenge. I'm really in to the character, In fact Aiden is fast becoming one of my fav protagonists. I also love the fact he is a late 30's gruff speaking bloke and not some pretty boy young 20 year old geeky hacker.

I prefer him to any GTA character, with obvious exception of Trevor !

Aidens mate, Jordi is fantastic too !

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2014 14:58:58 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jun 2014 14:59:23 BDT
"I also love the fact he is a late 30's gruff speaking bloke and not some pretty boy young 20 year old geeky hacker. "

Yea, couldn't agree more. Pretty boys don't do it for me either :-).

"I'll more than likely purchase GTA5 on PS4 and give it a go going, but for the first hours of play on both, WD walks all over GTA5 IMO.. "

I completed the campaign of GTA5 and didn't rate the multiplayer - the MP seemed really very unbalanced to me. I enjoyed the campaign but I have no real motivation to play through it again - even though mates are chomping at the bit to play it on PS4. Wolfenstein for me next after WD - though I think I've got at least another 3-4 weeks on WD before I'll likely feel like a new game.

Posted on 3 Jun 2014 15:08:55 BDT
chris says:
Agree with this. Fantastic game. I love being feared. Anyone call the cops on me and I pop them right in the head. Happened in the gun store last night. Saw the rat edging for the button, whipped out my gold pistol (acquired through uPlay btw) and blasted him in the head. Rat b*stard. Snitches get stitches as the saying goes, only stitches ain't gonna to him much good. I feel like the Walter White of Chicago with different motives.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2014 15:08:58 BDT
Half way through Act 2, so half way through the game (ruffers), done the Ctos towers (7 of them?) and all of the private eyes invasions (30).

Not currently interested in the:
Fixer Contracts
Convoys
City Sights
Multi-Player

Will do doing Act 2 then:
Special Mission (Pre-Order code for the extra 60mins of game play)
Investigations
Missing Persons
Remembers

Others can wait, and will do when I see fit:
Gang Hangouts
Random Crimes

(Can't remember the rest)

I may even give GTA5 ago... No I wont. Lol :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2014 15:12:04 BDT
I love the little touches like you can shoot the Cops in the legs rather than kill them and you lose less rep.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2014 15:27:03 BDT
chris says:
Pfft. Aye maybe if you're a goody two shoes. Shoot to kill mate, they all must die :)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  50
Total posts:  207
Initial post:  19 May 2014
Latest post:  18 Jun 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions