Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Platini's Fifth Official Amazon Football Thread - Post Fergie Number 1

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1701-1725 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 10 Jul 2014 10:52:37 BDT
Dan Fante says:
I thought last night's game was abysmal. And I am a purist ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2014 10:54:35 BDT
Yeah I was the same Bozz, quite enjoyed it, but as the 2nd half wore on it got a bit dull, although I had a tenner on 0-0 so was happy in the end. :)

Posted on 10 Jul 2014 11:08:43 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Jul 2014 11:09:38 BDT
AndyBSG says:
I really can't see beyond Germany in the Final.

I know anything can happen but Argentina just seem to be completely reliant on Messi, and you know the Germans will have a plan for him. They've squeaked every single match so far by just a single goal against some of the weakest teams in the tournament.

Germany on the other hand look so solid and even on the bench they have great options as Schurrle has shown.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2014 11:12:12 BDT
But they've also proved to be very solid too, which is why a solitary goal is all that has been needed. It'll be an interesting game.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2014 11:12:51 BDT
I still think its the Argies year, they have been very average, but keep winning and not conceding at all.

Plus you cant double man mark Messi and still play attacking football as Holland found out last night, every time Messi got the ball he had 2 Dutch players and every single time they would kick him on the back of his legs as they came in, basically he was fouled evey time he got the ball, but because he does not fall down like Robben, he never got fouls.

Posted on 10 Jul 2014 13:08:58 BDT
Been a lot of tattoos at this world cup which even led to the BBC making an article on it. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28208488 Some impressive ones. Tim Howard in particular. My word. I don't know what i'm more impressed by, his muscle tone (for a keeper that's ridiculous!) or his tattoos. Sterlings is quite interesting. Ronaldo's is very respectable. As in that he doesn't have any due to being a regular blood donor.

Posted on 10 Jul 2014 13:13:37 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Jul 2014 13:14:39 BDT
So the EPL must be fairly close to already (10 days in) breaking the EPL transfer record.

Of the top of my head we have

Fabregas (£26m)
Shaw (£30m)
Lallana (25m)
Herrera (£24m)

Then we have one's coming in like
Costa (£32m)
Sanchez (£30m)
Markovic (£20m)

I've probably missed a few off, but there's so many already!
We got City still to buy a class defender. Arsenal rumoured for Khadiera. United for Vidal. Chelsea for Luis. Liverpool also looking to buy everyone. The TV money is certainly going some way.

Also another big year for outgoings. Luiz for £50m and Suarez what looks to be £75m. The worlds gone mad.

Posted on 10 Jul 2014 13:17:49 BDT
Bozz says:
"The worlds gone mad"

Nothing is as mad as Ross McCormack going to Fulham from Leeds for £11m. A Championship player going from a Championship club to another. Mental!

Posted on 10 Jul 2014 13:19:05 BDT
Ness says:
For Rab ;) -

"Sneijder available for £16m: Louis van Gaal "can have Wesley Sneijder" if he wants to be reunited with the Netherlands midfielder, according to the Sun. Sneijder has a release clause in his contract at Galatasaray and "he will go if anyone hits it", the paper reports. New Galatasaray boss Cesare Prandelli is keen to hold onto the playmaker, but is powerless to prevent him from leaving if he wants to go.

Paper Round's view: The report also claims that Sneijder admitted last month that he would find it difficult to say no if Van Gaal came knocking, and given Gala president Unal Aysal is quoted over the escape clause, it does appear that Sneijder would be free to join Van Gaal at Old Trafford. The only question is whether Van Gaal want to spend that amount of money on a 30-year-old? That seems the only uncertainty in this at the moment."

It's from The Sun so you can basically take it to the bank...

Posted on 10 Jul 2014 14:02:32 BDT
AndyBSG says:
I suspect that Saints will be making a splash in the market as well seeing as so many clubs have decided to hand over huge piles of cash to them.

No idea who we're after at Spurs as i've only seen a few dubious paper rumours but tying Lloris down is a good bit of business.

Livermore and Gomes are already gone and can see Capoue, Holtby and Dawson going as well and would think that one of Soldado, Adebayor and LAmela will go to make way for a new striker. Think Assou-Ekotto is still on the books as well?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2014 14:35:47 BDT
You forgot our Signing of De Jong for an undisclosed fee, that could have been 40m?? I mean he looks better than David Luiz, maybe it's the hair you pay for?

But yeah there has been big money spent so far and it's still quite early considering the WC has only just entered its final phase.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2014 14:56:34 BDT
Should be Adebayor, he might have actually been your best striker last year, but he is 1 week away from wandering about not caring and not training at any given time. They should never have signed him, all it did was help City.

Soldado deserves one more year, or you'll lose lots of money as does Lamela.

what about Andros there were lots of rumours he'd leave as well, yet a year earlier they were saying he was England's Great white hope?

Posted on 10 Jul 2014 16:24:23 BDT
AndyBSG says:
I think we'll keep Lamela because of the simple fact he's not actually been rubbish, he's just been injured all the time and i'd like to see what he can do when he's fully fit and gets a full run in the team.

For Townsend, I don't see much point selling him. He has the potential to be a great player but he's inconsistent and needs more development. Until then I can't see us getting a great deal of money for him so better to keep him

Posted on 11 Jul 2014 10:32:51 BDT
RAB says:
Morning lads. Sorry it's taken so long. This is the quarters and semis combined:

Phil: 8 (2W 2D)
Jamie: 7 (2W D)
Mick: 4 (4D)
Lill: 3 (3D)
Bozz: 3 (3D)
Cam: 3 (3D)
Fred: 2 (2D)
Ryan: 1 (D)

Standings:

Phil/ 8/ 27/ 51
Lill/ 8 /24/ 48
Mick /5 /31/ 46
Fred /5 /23/ 38
Bozz /5 /23/ 38
Jamie /4 /26/ 38
Cam/ 5/ 22/ 37
Ryan/ 1 /29/ 32
Bri/ 3 /18/ 27

So with six points to play for (a quick look at the bonus questions says they won't come into play much) it's a three horse race for the title between Phil, Lill and Mick.

Brazil 1-2 Holland
Germany 3-1 Argentina

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2014 10:38:29 BDT
Despite missing most of them...

Brazil 1-1 Holland
Germany 0-1 Argentina

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2014 11:18:16 BDT
Brazil 1-3 Holland
Germany 1-2 Argentina

Posted on 11 Jul 2014 11:22:32 BDT
Ooh, 3 way shootout for the title.

Rest of us pond life are as well not bothering.

My money is on Phil, simply due to the fact he needs less points to win, but it's ticht at the top.

I'll hazard a guess no ojne got the Brazil-Germany game as a 3 pointer lol, if they did they should get bonus points

Posted on 11 Jul 2014 11:26:31 BDT
Datolite says:
Brazil 1 - 2 Holland
Germany 3 - 1 Argentina

I didn't do too badly considering I missed the Last 16 and the QTRs.

Posted on 11 Jul 2014 11:39:57 BDT
Bozz says:
Brazil 2-0 Holland
Germany 1-1 Argentina

Posted on 11 Jul 2014 12:30:08 BDT
Mick says:
Brazil 1-2 Holland
Germany 3-1 Argentina

Posted on 11 Jul 2014 12:33:23 BDT
RAB says:
Ooh, Mick goes first and copies the nobhead who's second from bottom.... Bold move. Bold move.

Posted on 11 Jul 2014 12:57:49 BDT
oosh!

ok, here goes (scores after 90 minutes)

Brazil 0-3 Holland
Germany 2-1 Argentina

Posted on 11 Jul 2014 13:01:42 BDT
Christ this thread is nothing but predictions nowadays :p

Shall we try something else? How about you rate the players which have come in for the main contenders. Can add others in there if you wish. Rate on things such as:

1. Quality
2. Longevity (age, how long do you think they will stick around)
3. Price
4. Necessity (i.e. was that position a problem position which has now been resolved, or simply strengthening an area further that was already strong)

Out of 10 of course.

I think the players so far come in are
Man U - Luke Shaw, Herrera, Van Gaal
Man C - Willy, Fernando
Chelsea - Costa, Fabregas
Arsenal - Sanchez, Debuchy?
Spurs - Poch
Everton - Barry
Liverpool - Can, Lambert, Lallana

Posted on 11 Jul 2014 13:03:36 BDT
Oh and in news. Suarez and Barca have agreed a fee for Suarez.

Also looks like Bony may be going to Liverpool.

And Pogba was in London yesterday. I'm sure he's just on holiday........I'm not going into Ryan Sneijder mode just yet.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2014 13:06:56 BDT
sanchez is a brilliant buy for arsenal. giroud was isolated so often last season, and arsene seemed unwilling to play podolski and bendtner(sp?) just isn't really up to scratch.

will both walcott and the ox fully fit, ramsay back, and giroud and sanchez up front, imo arsenal have a real chance this season.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  64
Total posts:  7717
Initial post:  24 Apr 2014
Latest post:  11 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions