Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Platini's Fifth Official Amazon Football Thread - Post Fergie Number 1

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1551-1575 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 28 Jun 2014 16:27:07 BDT
Prankster says:
RIO DE JANEIRO -- Luis Suarez told FIFA's disciplinary panel that he did not deliberately bite Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup.

The Uruguay striker wrote in Spanish that "in no way it happened how you have described, as a bite or intent to bite."

The player's defence is in paragraph six of FIFA's ruling, which has been seen by The Associated Press.

Suarez wrote: "After the impact... I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of my opponent. At that moment I hit my face against the player, leaving a small bruise on my cheek and a strong pain in my teeth."

But the seven-man panel ruled that the bite was "deliberate, intentional and without provocation."

Suarez was banned for nine Uruguay matches and from all football for four months -- a punishment the Uruguayan FA has said it will appeal against.

The striker has returned to Uruguay after having his World Cup accreditation revoked and being banned from the team hotel by FIFA.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy is unbelievable. What exactly is he thinking? That the whole world is made up of fools? Does he not know of video evidence? I fell on him. Yeah, right. When we fall, we use our hands to limit damage, not our teeth, you f'in moron!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jun 2014 18:25:04 BDT
To be fair Suarez has teeth like limbs. It's rumoured he can balance a ball on his front teeth with his mouth closed!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jun 2014 00:53:42 BDT
Its getting ridiculous now. Uruguay are protecting him to the level he believes his own lies. Disgusting. Never have I seen a nation such a laughing stock. I'm glad they're out now but I really wish there could be some punishment for them with the way they've been reacting.

Posted on 29 Jun 2014 08:42:02 BDT
RAB says:
Morning lads.

Arsenal are set to sign Southampton's France midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 24, as well as Chile and Barcelona forward Alexis Sanchez, 25 - eliminating any chance Sanchez might be included in a deal for Liverpool forward Luis Suarez, 27

Manchester United, Manchester City and Tottenham are interested in PSV Eindhoven winger Mephis Depay, 20, who continues to impress at the World Cup with the Netherlands.

Real Madrid are preparing a bid for Liverpool and England forward Raheem Sterling, 19, as concerns arise with the fitness of Cristiano Ronaldo after an injury-ridden World Cup campaign.

Netherlands boss Louis van Gaal, who will take over at Manchester United after the World Cup, is planning to sign former Manchester City midfielder Nigel de Jong, 29, to Old Trafford from AC Milan

However, Van Gaal wants to make £40m Barcelona and Chile frontman Alexis Sanchez, 25, his next purchase after bringing Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera to Old Trafford.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is ready to bid for £30m-rated Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho, 22, who is also a target for a number of Premier League rivals

French club Monaco have agreed to begin negotiations with Real Madrid over the sale of £60m-rated Colombia striker Radamel Falcao.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has suggested that the Gunners will try to beat Manchester United to Chile midfielder Arturo Vidal, 27, after claiming he is a player who has "everything"

Manchester United could make Dutch defender Stefan De Vrij, 22, their third major summer signing after hijacking Lazio's deal for the Feyenoord player.

Posted on 29 Jun 2014 19:35:25 BDT
What a dive by Robben 9.7

Posted on 30 Jun 2014 08:25:19 BDT
RAB says:
Morning lads

Barcelona are ready to offer Liverpool's Luis Suarez, 27, a £40m contract, but only if striker agrees to a special 'bite clause'

Meanwhile, Liverpool want Chile forward Alexis Sanchez as part of the deal

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is planning a £23m move for Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira as he believes the German can bring the best out of countryman Mesut Ozil.

Wenger is also stepping up his interest in Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 24, who is currently away on World Cup duty with France

Blackpool winger Tom Ince, 22, is set to sign for Hull as Steve Bruce continues to strengthen the Tigers squad

Atletico Madrid are set to sell winger Arda Turan, 27, to Manchester United, Liverpool or Chelsea to fund a move for Arsenal's 29-year-old wideman Santi Cazorla.

Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen's move to Manchester United is on the verge of being completed, with a fee for the 28-year-old set to be agreed (Hmmm. For the right price it could be a shrewd move but I'm still not sure.)

Swansea defender Ben Davies, 21, will become Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino's first signing at the north London club for a fee of around £8m.

Striker Mario Balotelli, 23, is said to be ready to force through a move to Arsenal from AC Milan this summer, following Italy's exit from the World Cup.

Brazilian club Sao Paulo claim they have finalised an agreement with AC Milan, Major League Soccer and Orlando City to take 32 year-old forward Kaka on loan until December 2014

Dinamo Zagreb have declined a £3m transfer enquiry from Inter Milan for 21 year-old midfielder Marcelo Brozovic.

Liverpool are preparing a £21m bid for Bayer Leverkusen's 25-year-old midfielder Lars Bender

Barcelona forward Alexis Sanchez, 25, does not want to leave the Camp Nou, but if pushed out he would choose Arsenal over Liverpool.

Atletico Madrid, who are looking to replace striker Diego Costa, 25, and on-loan Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, 22, have offered £24m for Inter Milan forward Mauro Icardi, 21, and the Italian club's Slovenian stopper Samir Handanovic, 29

Bayern Munich and Manchester City have joined a host of suitors interested in signing Chile midfielder Arturo Vidal, 27, from Juventus

West Ham have agreed a deal for Nice's 22 year-old defender Timothee Kolodziejczak, who is also a target for Southampton and Queens Park Rangers

Departing Netherlands manager Louis van Gaal has decided to skip a post-World Cup holiday in order to take charge of Manchester United as soon as possible.

Colombia star James Rodriguez was offered to Manchester United for £5m as a teenager but Sir Alex Ferguson signed Old Trafford flop Bebe for £7.4m instead (I love these sorts of stories)

Posted on 30 Jun 2014 09:13:43 BDT
Mick Dundee says that Newcastle are favourites to sign Ochoa the Mehico goalkeeper

Posted on 30 Jun 2014 10:14:59 BDT
Bozz says:
The entire nation of Uruguay needs their heads knocking together, How is Suarez going to learn and change his ways if they still treat him like a hero?

Until his home country takes a stand against his behaviour he will never change

Anyway, Costa Rica in the last 8 of the World Cup. Incredible!

Posted on 30 Jun 2014 13:00:19 BDT
New manager Louis van Gaal will be on Manchester United's summer tour even if the Netherlands reach the World Cup final.
The Reds head to the United States on 18 July for a five-match tour.
However, Van Gaal, 62, could still be in Brazil until 13 July if the Netherlands go all the way.
Assistant Ryan Giggs will take training until Van Gaal returns, but the Dutchman has assured club officials he will be on the flight to Los Angeles.

Posted on 30 Jun 2014 13:01:25 BDT
I'm beginning to feel like the way Uruguay are acting over this bite is actually worse than the bite itself. I hope they all stub their toes getting out of the bath.

On the subject of Suarez, personally I don't buy this whole "he's had a troubled upbringing" or "he was raised to play to win". You just don't, as a sane, normal functioning human being, go around biting people with no provocation. (It's even a disgraceful thing to do WITH provocation). I agree, yes he needs some form of counseling/rehabilitation but come on. Take away the fact he's a multimillionaire footballer - A grown adult has now, with little-to-no provocation, bitten another man three times. That's just insane. It's a disgusting, classless thing to do, and he fully deserves punishment as much as, if not more than, any form of counselling or rehab.

Posted on 30 Jun 2014 13:14:47 BDT
Uruguay's President Jose Mujica has called football's world governing body Fifa "a bunch of old sons of b****s" over Luis Suarez's four-month ban.
The 79-year-old described the punishment, which also included a suspension for nine international matches, as a "fascist ban".

Suarez received the harshest sanction in World Cup history for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.
Mujica is renowned for his plain-speaking manner.

He made the comments to state TV at a reception for the Uruguay team following their elimination from the World Cup last 16 by Colombia.

The president covered his mouth to feign shock at what he had said, but told journalists to "publish it" when asked if he wanted to rectify his remarks.
The former leftist guerrilla had previously said Suarez was being punished by Fifa because of his humble background.
He also denounced the ban in his weekly radio address as an "eternal shame" in the history of the World Cup.

Oscar Tabarez's side suffered a 2-0 defeat in their last-16 tie against Colombia after being forced to do without their star striker because of the ban.
Uruguay's football federation said it would appeal against Fifa's punishment.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2014 13:16:46 BDT
Maybe he is a Vampire, he does alwasys seem to play better under the floodlights.

But yeah Uruguay were last saying its some sort of Fascist conspiracy???

Are their eye's painted on? The pictures are very clear, he bit him on the shoulder, why not just sya nothing and take your punishment. Now Suaraez camp even seems to be using it as a way to get a move to a new team for less Money than Liverpool would have wanted 3 weeks ago.

It's all some pantomime

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2014 13:33:25 BDT
RAB says:
Exactly. Every shred of credibility and respect he won last season was completely lost in the way he and Uruguay have responded.

Had he come out from the very beginning and said "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me, heat of the moment etc, I need to change" then A) The punishment wouldn't have been so severe, and B) there'd be no need for the media vendetta against him which would have stopped a couple days later had Uruguay not acted so childishly.

I'm all for ignoring what footballers get paid and treating them as normal people in these situations but if I'd bitten someone in the work place three times, I'd have been given up on as a lost cause and sacked, if I even got the chance for a third go. By all means offer counselling, but when you do it twice in the space of twelve months and show absolutely no remorse you need to be made an example of, which is what FIFA have done.

Thankfully he's only missed one match at this World Cup so the effects are gonna be long-lasting for Uruguay, who deserve to be penalised just as much as Suarez himself in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2014 13:55:05 BDT
One caveat I'd say is that your work might not have given up on you if you were worth 100M to them?

It's like when a joiner says, 'I'd have been sacked for that'

Well yes, because they'll just go and get another Joiner, but when a player is as good as Suarez and worth so much money, Liverpool, do have to tread carefully I think.

I do agree that Uruguay deserve the punishment more than Liverpool do. They are encouraging this behaviour, by cheering him and and claiming its all a conspiracy, all Liverpool have done is sit on the sidelines and watch their star man explode again when he was not even under their protection.

One thing I do not agree with in his punishment is the fact he is not allowed to train with Liverpool, I think thats completely unnecessary and does nothing to punish the player himself, match bans are fine, but not allowing him to train with the team or even turn up at the traiing ground, just hurts Liverpool even more and pushes Suarez away.

Now they are talking about 40m??? 3 weeks ago we'd have all laughed at that fee, I mean you could get Cisse for that ;-)

Therefore IMO it's Liverpool FC I feel sorry for in this situation.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2014 14:47:08 BDT
RAB says:
"One caveat I'd say is that your work might not have given up on you if you were worth 100M to them?"

I'm worth 15k to them. No idea why, but it seems I am. That's how I've managed to survive a restructure every year since I joined. But I digress.

The worst thing about this is the pictures you see of the young Uruguayan fans with giant novelty teeth making biting actions. It's not a good message.

Posted on 30 Jun 2014 14:50:31 BDT
RAB says:
Luis Suarez has, of course, been "suspended from all football-related activity for four months" by Fifa for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.
However, there might be an escape route for the Uruguay striker to play during the ban - provided he doesn't mind upping sticks and moving to Kosovo.
The Daily Telegraph reports that Kosovo Superleague club Hajvalia claim they are able to take Suarez on loan during the suspension because the country is not a member of Fifa.

An article from Kosovo Daily Sport Plus on Hajvalia's official facebook page quotes Xhavit Pacolli, the club's director, as being ready subsidise Suarez's wages to the tune of £1,200 per week.

"This is the maximum we can offer," Pacolli says. "We offered 30,000 euros to Liverpool and a salary of 1,500 for each month.
"This might sound ridiculous to him, but that is all we can do. If he is willing to come and play for us, he is welcome. As we are not part of Fifa, it would be ideal for him."

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2014 15:26:58 BDT
£1,200 per week?

You know what would be good, If Liverpool refused to pay him and all he got was this per week during his supension.

Bear in mind that is still more than some people make in a Month!

At that rate it's an annual salary of £62,400, I'd bite the hand off for that wage.

Its quite a good idea though to keep him fit, before he sstarts for Barcelona!!

Posted on 30 Jun 2014 16:59:11 BDT
Mike E says:
Liverpool knew that there was a risk that he would behave like this when they signed him and they chose to. They knew that his talent as a footballer came with his instability. Theres no reason to feel sorry for them

Posted on 30 Jun 2014 21:08:23 BDT
AndyBSG says:
Well, he's finally admitted he did bite him, apologised and promised it won't happen again... Funnily enough, exactly what he said after biting Ivanovic

Posted on 1 Jul 2014 08:43:16 BDT
RAB says:
Morning lads, good game last night, gutted I missed the end though.

Luis Suarez has finally said sorry over his World Cup bite shame - under orders from Barcelona, who are planning to offer the 27-year-old Uruguay striker a five-year deal worth £160,000-a-week.

Liverpool had no involvement or prior warning of Suarez's apology for biting Italy defender Chiellini and the move is seen as paving the way for his switch to Barcelona

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is planning a £23m move for Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira, 27, to help bring the best out of playmaker Mesut Ozil, 25

Former Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard, 36, will play for Manchester City's A-League side Melbourne City in Australia next season, ahead of his move to Major League Soccer franchise club New York City

Atletico Madrid are preparing a £20m bid for Manchester City striker Alvaro Negredo, 28, who missed out on a place in Spain's World Cup squad.

Manchester City want Malaga keeper Willy Caballero to compete for Joe Hart's place but the 32-year-old Argentine could cost £7m

Arsenal and Liverpool are keen on Costa Rica World Cup shootout hero Keylor Navas, 27, with the keeper having a £6.5m buyout clause at Levante

Tottenham are rivalling Arsenal in the bid to sign Toulouse right-back Serge Aurier, the 21-year-old Ivory Coast international.

Crystal Palace manager Tony Pulis is preparing an £8m bid for Cardiff City defender Steven Caulker, 22, and is confident of keeping Yannick Bolasie, 25

Chile midfielder Arturo Vidal, 27, has given Manchester United a huge transfer boost by declaring he would rather move to Old Trafford than anywhere else (!!!)

Brazilian left-back Filipe Luis, 28, is so determined to push through his protracted transfer to Chelsea that he has cut off all contact with his club Atletico Madrid

Arsenal have had an enquiry for Roma midfielder Alessandro Florenzi, 23, turned down by the Italian club

Chelsea's 20 year-old Brazilian defender Wallace Oliveira dos Santos has been loaned out to Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem for next season. Last season, he was on loan at Inter Milan.

Newcastle United's 28 year-old French defender Mathieu Debuchy is on the verge of signing up for Arsenal, in place of Manchester City-bound Bacary Sagna, 31

Italian side Napoli are chasing AC Milan's 25-year-old Moroccan midfielder Adel Taarabt

Posted on 1 Jul 2014 09:25:12 BDT
AndyBSG says:
"Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is planning a £23m move for Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira, 27, to help bring the best out of playmaker Mesut Ozil, 25"

Seen that mentioned in several places now which makes me think it may actually be a legitimate story rather than just the usual paper talk.

So, is it just me who thinks that Arsenal going for another CM is ridiculous when they have Wilshere, Arteta, Ramsay and Cazorla?

I would say their midfield is one of the strongest in the EPL and it's the rest of the pitch they need to invest in!

Posted on 1 Jul 2014 11:03:33 BDT
But they need a more defensive warrior in there.

Khedira Ramsay
Ozil

Wilshere can fill in for Ramsay and Cazorla for Ozil

If they get Debuchey and a striker then that's a good squad

Posted on 1 Jul 2014 11:40:43 BDT
RAB says:
Adam Lallana has completed his £25m move from Southampton to Liverpool.
Lallana, 26, completed a medical at the weekend and is manager Brendan Rodgers' second summer signing, joining former team-mate Rickie Lambert at Anfield.
The midfielder, who was part of England's World Cup squad in Brazil, made 265 Saints appearances.
"I am so excited for the next chapter of my career, coming to a special club like Liverpool," said Lallana, who will take the Reds number 20 shirt.
"Hopefully I can settle in quickly, and I will give it my best throughout the whole time I'm here.
"I hope I can add something to the team and hopefully we can win trophies while I'm here, because that's why I'm here - for success."
Lallana earned a place on the PFA's Premier League team of the year for his performances last season, when he was ever-present for Southampton, scoring nine goals.
Liverpool open their Premier League campaign against Southampton at Anfield on 16 August.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jul 2014 12:46:06 BDT
cazorla's on his way out isn't he?

Posted on 1 Jul 2014 13:09:17 BDT
RAB says:
Is he?

But apart from that, Wilshere's useless anyway, Khedira would be a good addition for them, and Wenger should definitely go for him and keep his thieving French hands off Vidal.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  64
Total posts:  7716
Initial post:  24 Apr 2014
Latest post:  10 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions