Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Official Amazon Football Thread - Second Leg

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1501-1525 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 15 May 2012 17:57:23 BDT
In the lightness of the situation regarding Kenny, it would be considered a Downing assist if he was to leave.

Pleased for my mate Mick. I hope he gets it. Martinez would be a good replacement for Kenny in my opinion.

The whole SM newspaper kids is getting out of order, it's really difficult to watch. ZZ knows what he's doing and I find it pretty funny, particularly when Ryan delivered his short but sweet article after his win. However the kids? The sucking up is unbearable, reminds me of my days on Diablo 2. That Badboy from non bumder must be about 9 years old, i'm constantly getting messages off him saying I should give him players. MY BETTER PLAYERS!

No idea what Cities youth programme is like but I hear it's already had alot of funding these past few years. It's a great way to make money to be honest, buying and selling kids......hmmm. So despite Chelsea not playing the majority of their youth, they still make money from it. What could City spend £90m on?! Falcao, Hazard.....some CB? I can see Dzeko going, not sure about Balotelli, Tevez will go as well I assume. I hope.

As for Steve winning (90% likely) Hazard a guess I couldn't be anymore pleased (except if it were myself of course) for a fellow Blue.

Posted on 15 May 2012 18:22:53 BDT
Steve says:
Thanks Dave :)

Posted on 15 May 2012 21:53:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 May 2012 21:59:39 BDT
Mike E says:
Why can't that bumder stay at Lille =(

Edit: We have signed Asa Hall again from Oxford so that's good news. Unfortunately Sky are reporting that Shane Cansdell-Sherriff and Nicky Wroe have both agreed terms with Preston so they're gone and Sharps is almost certainly going too. No doubt Collins will be tempted by a bigger club offer as well so we could be left requiring quite a lot of replacements over the summer. I hope they enjoy playing hoof ball under Graham Wrestley

Posted on 16 May 2012 06:25:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 May 2012 06:26:35 BDT
"Why can't that bumder go to AC Milan =("

Fixed that for you Mike...so conciderate of you ;)

Morning All.

More heart-break for Rangers fans, as Administrators have put the price tags on their players and are MASSIVELY reduced. They've priced players like Alan McGregor (£2m) Kyle Lafftery (£575k) Steven Whittaker (£850k) and Steven Naismith (£2m). Sounds like they've taken a hint from GAME and gone with a FireSale of their top players, but these reductions come due to the players reduced wages. Along with McGregor, Lafferty, Whittaker and Naismith, players like Davis, Edu and Goian should total £25m...but the 7 of them only equte to £8m.

As for the otherside of Glasgow, they're eyeing a move for Lecister City CB Matt Mills as Majstrovic left for AIK Stockholm last night.

As for Hearts - it's the injuries to some of the first team squad that are Sergio's main concern at the moment as they include Craig Beattie and Andy Webster.

Caio peeps :)

Posted on 16 May 2012 06:41:07 BDT
Prankster says:
I thought I'd a good chance with Arsenal. Damn you Wenger! Why don't you go for a youngster who really needs to be signed?! :(

Also, some good news for Ryan. It's not confirming anything but it does help a bit...

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2012/05/16/3105420/kagawa-agent-confirms-manchester-discussions-with-ferguson

Posted on 16 May 2012 07:01:46 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 May 2012 07:03:34 BDT
So looks like no Rio or Walker for the euros. Does that mean he's taking Terry instead then? Guess Rio can go to the Olympics being one of the over 23 people.

Ryan beat Man City 5-4 on penalties in the Bumder league cup.

I received Kagawa at Forest. Booya!

Spent all night on Minecraft on the 360 last night, quality game and 8 player multiplayer. We made Castle Rat!

Off to Alton Towers in a minute. Fun fun fun.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 08:03:26 BDT
Alton Towers...what a load of old toff!!

Posted on 16 May 2012 08:16:19 BDT
howmuch75 says:
Now now Greg just because you are too small to get on the rides ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 08:23:42 BDT
Ha ha. What's wrong greggles, rollercoasters scare you? It's a great place for totty as well.

Steve is your FIFA still not working?

Posted on 16 May 2012 08:30:49 BDT
Nope - I enjoy a good rollercoaster, I've been to Alton Towers before and fair enjoyed myself.

but taking the day off work to go to a Theme Park!!! that's whats a load of old toff!

Posted on 16 May 2012 09:22:32 BDT
howmuch75 says:
Dave no I think I laser burned the disc ! I am out today I may pick it up but the way my internet is playing up I might just leave it until FIFA 13 then again I am trading in a few games Oh god you know FIFA Is my heroin..Even though since having no fifa I have completed one game and nearly another ? I have prototype 2 still sealed max Payne on it's way and the two games out next week...but it's FIFA.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 10:39:22 BDT
He hardly played much for Juve, he is not good enough for the EPL, Italain league is a poor one.

Posted on 16 May 2012 10:43:53 BDT
BTW not herad anything about a possible Kenny Dal resignation on Sky Sports news, if there was a hint of it, they'd be on it like a tramp on a dead models body.

Posted on 16 May 2012 10:54:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 May 2012 10:57:48 BDT
Mike E says:
I was just wondering how you all react to former players when they decline contracts and move on etc. Do you give them a round of applause, or boo them or simply don't react to them?

I guess for most of you, there aren't many bigger clubs who will offer higher wages etc for your players. The only reason I ask is because we will probably be playing against a few of last seasons players next season as they've (almost certainly) moved to clubs in the same league for more money/longer contracts.

Do we shout abuse at them and call them sell outs or do we applaud their work for us over the last season or so.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 11:02:56 BDT
It depends on the nature of their exit, I suppose. If a player leaves having never said a bad word about your club, but leaves for a longer contract, a new challenge etc, then you can't really shout abuse for those reasons.

Posted on 16 May 2012 11:06:36 BDT
Morning gents, sites blocked at work these days so not had much chance to get on.

Mike personally I'd say it depends on the service they gave, but generally a lot of clubs just give former players stick regardless (money-grabber, no loyalty), but i'm of the opinion that you shouldn't expect loyalty from players as there is no loyalty shown from the club to player, as soon as the club have had enough of them or receive and offer they like or a better player it's out the door you go.

Clark - Del Piero has been an outstanding servant to Juve for 19 years, he's only recently (last 2/3 years) started to drop in how many games he can player but has still be scoring goals at a decent rate for a guy in his late 30s, I seen you said he had been 'gone' for a decade, when really he was still scoring 20+ goals a season up until about 4 years ago, which is mightily impressive in what is generally thought to be a tough league for goalscorers. So I think you've done him a bit of a disservice to be fair.

I don't expect KD to leave or be sacked this summer, we're close to being a top side, it's only tweaks that are needed not an overhaul so I think he'll be in charge for the start of the season.

England team to be announced today, plenty of surprises in store, looks like no Rio but Terry may be in. I just hope we don't see Konchesky, Danny Murphy and Zamora.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 11:10:27 BDT
I ahve to disgaree he was a maestro in his early days andf he went off the boil really quick i.e. Michael Owen style, great when young, but faded away, Juve hve hardly challanged for a trophy since Zidane left (This year aside) and I know they were in serie B etc, but I still think he ended up a reasonably average player, who looked unfit and unhungry against big teams.

I remember when he was younger he oushed Baggio out the team, but you ahve to say over all Baggipo was the greater player over his whole career.

still opinions are like azzholes everyones got one LOL

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 11:22:26 BDT
RAB says:
Mike I'd rather thank the player for their service rather than be bitter when they leave. Obviously there's one or two exceptions (Tevez, Heinze) but even Ronaldo I'd applaud if he ever played at Old Trafford and I was there.

Obviously if a player's left slagging off the club's ambitions or what have you then they deserve to come in for a bit of stick but you've got to be realistic that, especially at that level, the offer of more money is going to be quite tempting.

Morning all.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 11:25:54 BDT
Michael Owen hasn't been half the player Del Piero was, at their peaks they were about as good as each other, but Del Piero has still be playing lots of games and scoring lots of goals well into his 30s, that stopped for Owen years ago and he's only 32 not 37.

Since the 2006/7 season (the year after Calciopoli, when they had their last two titles removed) he has played and scored...

P GS
37 23
41 24
43 21
29 11
45 11
27 5

You can see a drop in the last 3 years but previous to that he was still performing at a very high level, but naturally age takes over at some point, it's actually incredible that he managed 45 games last season, when was the last time Owen even played 45 games. It's also no surprise that Juve have taken a while to recover from relegation, to go from relegation to the title in 6 years is not too bad either. Baggio is irrelevant, he was an outstanding player too but has nothing to do with how good Del Piero is/was, my point was that Del Piero has been oustanding well into his 30s when you think he was average for the last 10 years. To compare him to Michale Owen is actually a bit of an insult lol.

You are right that everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it, but that one was an extreme one without anything to back it up with.

Posted on 16 May 2012 11:29:05 BDT
Prankster says:
I am still surprised that Schalke decided to retire Raul's jersey though. I mean he was there for just 2 years and agreed, he was outstanding there, but that was still way too much. Especially when they haven't done it with some of their other legends who played for quite a bit longer and even more surprising since Real Madrid haven't done anything like that.

Posted on 16 May 2012 11:33:47 BDT
RAB says:
"To go from relegation to the title in 6 years is not too bad"

I think a lot of that has to do with a lot of the die-hard Juve players feeling hard-done by Calciopoli (and to be fair, Juve made up a decent chunk of the World Cup-winning Italy side, along with a few of the French team too) and stayed on through relegation. Still think he could do a job in the Premier League. In fact, the whole thing screams Redknapp if you ask me.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 11:34:50 BDT
Ronaldo yeah, he left for a world record fee, cant grumb;le at that, plus he was great for you

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 11:36:22 BDT
My opinion when watching him play as I said the italian league is poor, he would not have that record in england and looked poor in games I watched him play against bigger teams.

Just never lived up to hsi potemntial IMO

Posted on 16 May 2012 11:49:27 BDT
Fari enough your opinion is based on the belief that the Italian League is poor, is that now or has it always been as remember he's been there for 19 years. I'm not sure how much more he would have need to do to reach the potential you believe he had (unfulfilled).

6 Serie A titles plus 2 removed.
3 Champions Leagues
1 World Cup
All time highest goalscorer for Juve.
Many many more cups.
He was Italian player of the year in 1998 and 2008 (only 4 years ago).
But my favourite is "along with three awards in Italy for gentlemanly conduct, he has also won the Golden Foot award, which pertains to personality and playing ability."

Despite what you think of the Italian League or Del Piero I think his honours list and his records speak for themselves. If he didn't fulfill his potential what chance has anybody got?

Posted on 16 May 2012 11:50:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 May 2012 11:51:02 BDT
Juventus may have won the Scudetto, but they could still only draw 1-1 with Notts County earlier in the season. Italian 1st division = League 1, Del Peiro < Lee Hughes. FACT!!!
Discussion locked

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  59
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  19 Apr 2012
Latest post:  29 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions