Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Off Topic - good TV shows

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2010 13:26:56 BDT
Nessy says:
Dont know if you guys got it in England but "Still Game" and "Chewin the Fat" were both excellent, my uncle Ford is actually one of the main guys in it, also "The Scheme" that made headlines for being banned because of criminal investigation is brilliant but i promise not all Scottish people are like that :P! (think its on youtube).

Posted on 24 Aug 2010 13:35:31 BDT
Spooks is one of my favourites as well, and as has been said, they've switched to an overall story arc rather than the old episodic style in the last couple of years. It was definitely a change for the better.

There's not been much on lately, so I've been cheating and watching season 3 of True Blood online, and I'm really enjoying that. The vampire King that's introduced is wonderfully insane, but I won't spoil why...

I've also been watching How I Met Your Mother, which I decided to watch simply because Jason Segel is in it, and he was excellent in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It's pretty good if you can forgive the obvious clichés that are present in such sitcoms...

Posted on 24 Aug 2010 14:13:26 BDT
Max says:
What I like about how I met your mother is that the episodes are only twenty minutes long, so is really easy to watch. Great mindless and enjoyable tv.

In a similar vein to flashpoint that has been mentioned. I got addicted to the unit. Dennis haysbert (sp?) from 24 was one if the main characters.

Arrested development is also very good comedy considering it's from America.

Posted on 24 Aug 2010 14:33:18 BDT
Trigger says:
Arrested Development is excellent, and in a way it's kind of a blessing that it only had 3 series, as it didn't get tired and all plot strands were neatly wrapped up. I suppose the worst thing to come of it is that Michael Cera still plays George Michael Bluth in everything he's in.

I never really got into Curb Your Enthusiasm though. I just felt it was very predictable and repetitive, and after watching about three episodes (I think we did all the first and most of the second season) I always knew exactly what was going to happen within the first few minutes.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2010 14:33:54 BDT
if you like jason segal its probably worth checking out 'freaks and geeks' too

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2010 14:43:24 BDT
Max says:
Utterly agree tel. I never got into curb either. But arrested development ran it's course and tied itself up nicely.

What annoys me is when a tv program is cancelled and it leaves everything hanging and incomplete. My mrs loved dirty sexy money but it bit the bullet a few episodes into season two. Infuriating.

Posted on 24 Aug 2010 16:34:08 BDT
Rory says:
The wire is sick

Do not bother with Battlestar galactica, I have watched every episode ever and although you get really into it midway and have to finish it, the ending is a bit pants so I wouldn't bother because it was just a letdown, but I did love the first few seasons admittedly.

Sopranos is good. Band of brothers is awesome. Breaking Bad is fantastic. The Shield is easily the best cop show ever.
It's always sunny in philidelphia will give you all the comedy fix you need.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2010 16:59:23 BDT
Trigger says:
Sick means good, right? Like as in 'awesome'?

Posted on 24 Aug 2010 17:24:20 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Aug 2010 17:24:41 BDT
Anybody know if they're making a 3rd series of How Not to Live Your Life?

Posted on 24 Aug 2010 17:40:33 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Aug 2010 17:41:08 BDT
Ratton says:
I dont really watch much TV these days, any free time I get im on the PS3, however there are a few exceptions some a little more embarressing than others :

Lie to me is the best thing on TV by a mile at the moment, every episode is just epic.

Spooks is a must when its on

Must admit to watchin celeb Masterchef, the Mrs got me into it and I must say its very entertaining!

Does match of the day count :p

Classic TV for me:

Band of Brothers (best of the best)
Only Fools and Horses (seen every episode 10000 times)
Jonathan Creek

Interested in true Blood so that'l prob be my next box set purchase.

Posted on 24 Aug 2010 18:51:14 BDT
Just seen an advert for the new series of "The Inbetweeners", it didn't say when it is being aired.
Very funny stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2010 23:33:13 BDT
nice one, inbetweeners was ace. Watched a show there on bbc hd called Grandma's House. very funny. anyone see it before?

Posted on 24 Aug 2010 23:33:43 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 24 Aug 2010 23:33:58 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Aug 2010 09:18:41 BDT
Trigger says:
I don't know, but I *quite* enjoyed the first two series (I think it started well, the start of series 2 was a bit naff then it got better again). I think the guy who writes/stars in it though needs to stop being so self-adoring though, and give the other cast members some good material.

---

I also watched Pete vs. The World last night -- pretty funny show. I think it's on late Friday nights, but I saw it through 4OD (via Virgin Media).

@ Ricky - MasterChef is pretty addictive. I like cooking anyway (on a far less professional level, of course!) and find it interesting what people can come up with.

I will be watching the new series of The Inbetweeners. I very much like the show, although I wonder how long it can be before it starts to feel repetitive.

Posted on 25 Aug 2010 19:41:30 BDT
Rory says:
Oh yeah can't really tell when typing - Tel the wire if you don't know is just soooo good!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Aug 2010 19:44:06 BDT
Master Chef ??? I can only assume this is some TV show about Halo and your spelling it wrong?? ... u cant mean that cooking show with them 2 utter ba5tard judges???

Posted on 25 Aug 2010 19:47:48 BDT
Rory says:
Yes I think he does. Also I forgot to mention Sons of Anarchy - great show. Pretty much all HBO shows seem to be of a good standard.

Posted on 25 Aug 2010 19:53:55 BDT
Rory says:
Also forgot my fav show - House it really picked up these last few seasons! Hard to think of them because they all finished ages ago - new episodes soon though hopefully! :D

Posted on 25 Aug 2010 20:17:10 BDT
Max says:
House is epic. Hugh Laurie is a legend.

Posted on 25 Aug 2010 20:29:58 BDT
P. sims says:
pob

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Aug 2010 20:32:02 BDT
House is my next show to watch after i finish the wire, there is so much good tv shows out there

Posted on 26 Aug 2010 00:51:49 BDT
I couldnt watch House cause Hugh Laurie will always be George in Black Adder 4 to me, think its the first thing i ever saw him in, could never take him seriously keep expecting to say something like "By Gum, this is interesting! I always loved history. The Battle of Hastings, Henry VIII and his six knives and all that!"

Posted on 23 Sep 2010 15:54:14 BDT
Trigger says:
Anyone been watching the new series of The Inbetweeners? I thought episode 1 was good, the second episode not so much. Has anyone ever eaten a spliff and lost control of their arms?!!

Posted on 23 Sep 2010 15:58:30 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Sep 2010 16:00:02 BDT
P. sims says:
that would never, ever happen, to get any kind of hit from eating weed or hash you would need a hell of a lot more then would be in any spliff, anyway, i dont watch that sort of stuff, i like topical panel shows like qi, mock the week, have i got news for you, if i want to watch a drama its likely to be something like hornblower or sharpe, animation is futurama hands down, top gear is always worth a watch, generally though, tv is crap

i have real problems watching any american tv show like csi, house and all the rest of it - absolute tripe

Posted on 23 Sep 2010 16:01:53 BDT
"Has anyone ever eaten a spliff and lost control of their arms?!!"

When I was in my youth, I once smoked a spliff and actually went blind for about an hour. I was so relieved when my sight came back.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  121
Total posts:  1058
Initial post:  5 Nov 2009
Latest post:  25 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions