Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Boxing and Ufc Discussion Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 939 posts in this discussion
Posted on 13 May 2013 13:52:00 BDT
Bozz says:
Broner is moving up to Welter to face Malinaggi next, would love to see Broner v Mayweather

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2013 13:56:37 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 May 2013 14:01:15 BDT
MintFox says:
Malinaggi is the only man in boxing with a bigger mouth than Broner. I reckon Broner will murder him for it. I'm asuming that Broner hasn't vecated the lightweight titles so there is a possibility that he will fight on at the weight. It's highley unlikley that will be the case if he beats Paulie though, much bigger fights for him at Welter than there is at lightweight.

You know any of the fighters in Prizefighter Bozz?

Posted on 13 May 2013 14:04:44 BDT
Bozz says:
Not seen the line up, but doubt Ill know many if any to be honest

As usual I will pick my winners based on name and physique only. If there is a fighter called Maximus Knockoutius and he looks like a chiselled god, ill be backing him. Unless there is another 80/1 shot then ill bang a fiver on him.

Posted on 13 May 2013 14:08:13 BDT
Bozz says:
Just checked and Wadi Camacho is the only one I know anything about. Dont know many of the domestic Cruisers.

I think Camacho is signed to Matchroom so he might have something about him

Posted on 13 May 2013 14:13:22 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 May 2013 14:13:58 BDT
MintFox says:
Just had a look at the line up. Conall Carmichael, Tony Conquest, Neil Dawson, Danny McIntosh, Wadi Camacho, Nathan Owens, Shane McPhilbin and Welshman Hari Miles.

I seen Camacho fight China Clarke and he's a big guy but was blowing hard after 3 rounds. Maybe not the kind of guy you want to put money on in a format like Prizefighter. Owens is undefeated but I'm sticking a fiver on Tony Conquest just because Conquest is my favorate gamemode on BF. It's a sign!

Posted on 13 May 2013 14:14:55 BDT
Bozz says:
I have heard of Danny McIntosh too thinking about it

Posted on 13 May 2013 14:27:10 BDT
Afternoon all

Totally agree about Saturday night, it was great, Gonzalez was a great fighter but Burns showed great grit and determination.

This weekend is stacked what with a card on Boxnation featuring povetkin, ufc with Belofrt vs Rockhold, and the lineup on sky sports, i cant wait for peterson vs matthyse that should be a war.

Frank warren announced chisora vs wilder, had a press conference and the poster up, saying massive show next month then all of a sudden i find out the fight was not finalized. This is not the first time this year he has done this. Still there is a few good fights on the cards Gavin vs Vassell and Smith vs dodson with Del boy vs ???.

Im glad they are showing the Broner vs Malignaggi card on BN

BT sport have won the rights to show UFC from August. I have virgin media so looks like i will be swapping to SKY if they don't get the channel.

Posted on 13 May 2013 14:38:40 BDT
Ness says:
Ah I see, that guy thinks he is puff Daddy with his ring entrance exploits ;). I take it he is the champion of the other main organisation ?, I really wish there was only one world title per division and it was all under the one body like the UFC, it's so hard to follow !.

Posted on 13 May 2013 14:48:01 BDT
MintFox says:
There are 4 big bodies in boxing which are considered legitamte world titles.

WBC, WBA, IBF & WBO. Burns is WBO champion which is the youngest of the organisations and therefore least prestegous.

If you want to know who 'the champ' is at each weight look for 'The Ring' title holder. Ring magazine use it to mark the linnage Boxing champion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Ring_world_champions

Posted on 13 May 2013 14:50:26 BDT
Bozz says:
Dont forget the IBO as well, who also have their own World Champ, but this isnt considered pretigious at all

Posted on 13 May 2013 14:51:29 BDT
MintFox says:
I don't consider the IBO a proper title.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2013 14:56:26 BDT
Ness says:
Ah, cheers Astro. Is the IBF & WBO considered the 'main' one ?.

Posted on 13 May 2013 14:59:45 BDT
MintFox says:
I'd say the WBC is the biggie as it's the oldest but right now in Boxing the Champion makes the belt and not the other way around. The best guy could hold the WBO belt and a guy he could dust easy hold the WBC but money, promoters and politics might mean he wont get his hands on it ever.

Posted on 14 May 2013 12:18:09 BDT
Bozz says:
So Rendall Munroe, who retired after losing to Scott Quigg, has come out of retirement and won inside a round.

Such a shame that Scott Quigg is been left to rot by Hatton, Quigg needs to move to another promoter ASAP to keep his career going. Joe Gallagher has been dropping hints he may move promotors for a few weeks / months now but still nothing.

Would love Quigg to sign for Dave Coldwell, he has a great relationship with Hearn and would mean Frampton v Quigg would be as good as done. Would also give coldwell a big domestic name to build bigger shows for his prospects on.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 May 2013 12:38:16 BDT
MintFox says:
I don't know if Caldwell is the guy Quigg should go too if he is wanting to push on. Warren or Hearn will get him on TV and Hennessy would be able to get him some exposure stateside (not sure if we will see boxing on channel 5 again) He's too classy an operator to be doing the small hall shows.

Posted on 14 May 2013 12:45:30 BDT
Bozz says:
Hearn has Frampton though, so doubt he would want 2 simular fighters in his stable

I guess im thinking more selfishly as I want to see Quigg v Frampton and I doubt it would happen with Hennessy / Warren

Posted on 14 May 2013 13:01:31 BDT
Bozz says:
David haye has pulled out of his fight with Charr due to an injured hand

Posted on 14 May 2013 13:03:23 BDT
MintFox says:
Nooooo! I was super hyped for that. Charr seemed pretty dangerous for anyones first fight back. My cynic alarm is going off!

Posted on 14 May 2013 13:11:30 BDT
Bozz says:
Its a shame. I imagine the entire card will be cancelled now as most of the tickets were sold on the back of it been Haye before the Matchroom link up and there are not many fighters available who could fill MEN

Posted on 14 May 2013 13:18:59 BDT
Bozz says:
Aparently the undercard is been moved to another venue so looks like thats been saved. Cant even remember who was on it now.

Posted on 14 May 2013 13:22:01 BDT
MintFox says:
Rees V's Crolla and I think Frampton was scheduled as well.

Posted on 14 May 2013 13:23:33 BDT
Bozz says:
Ah yeah, remember now

If Framptons on they might move it to Belfast as he can sell that out no problems

Posted on 14 May 2013 14:10:28 BDT
Gutted about Haye, hopefully chisora can get the charr fight

In reply to an earlier post on 14 May 2013 14:43:15 BDT
MintFox says:
The gloves are off is on Sky Sports 1 tonight. Roundtable with Eubank, Woodhall, Collins, Calzaghe and Roy Jones Jnr.

Posted on 14 May 2013 14:49:24 BDT
Bozz says:
Saw a clip this morning on SSN, Jonny Nelson asking everyone round the table who would win between Froch and Calzaghe, whilst Calzaghe was sat there. Talk about been put on the spot.

I reckon Calzaghe on points, but would love to see it with both at their peak
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  939
Initial post:  24 Jan 2013
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions