Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The reason Forza5 has 14 tracks and 250 cars

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 217 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2013 21:25:40 GMT
BEN TENNYSON says:
If I really wanted to work for achevements back in december 2005 id be on about 300k by now.

Posted on 28 Dec 2013 21:25:57 GMT
In what way are you an old-school gamer? In the sense that you embrace a pay-to-win bias in a half-finished game on a console that's slowly trying to push out gamers? In the way that you ignore the more gamer-friendly, open-platform console (PS4) and PC?

I don't "chase" trophies. I've never bought a game for trophies, I've a huge list of games I've got a small percentage of trophies on if I've not got on with a game, I'll only chase a platinum trophy if I think I'll have fun trying to obtain it and I spend a lot of recent time gaming on classics and indie games (such as the PS1 Final
Fantasy games, Journey, The Unfinished Swan, Minecraft, etc)

What I fail to understand is the hate towards Gran Turismo 6. You enjoy Forza 5 - good on you, well done. But why the hating on a rival game that has been the 'king of racers' from the early days of the PS1?

Posted on 28 Dec 2013 21:27:19 GMT
XBL : Killuminati102
SteamID : thadon101
PSN : thadon101

Posted on 28 Dec 2013 21:29:11 GMT
Ben his numbers are good but by no means no life level, its just your not much of a gamer sorry to break it to you.

Protip look at his name you buttclown, its on there.

Posted on 28 Dec 2013 21:37:03 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Dec 2013 21:47:50 GMT
Dela says:
Ben loves moving the goalposts lol

Claims to be a better gamer than Cliffy and discloses his XBL Gamertag/score to try to backup his claim

Paul reveals his Gamerscore, PSN Trophy haul and Steam Achievements which combined dwarf Bens overall score

Ben then says that Paul must have no life to attain his Trophies/Achievements and he himself is not in it for the Achievements??!!

Why disclose them in the first place then???

Bens a winner

Or is he?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2013 21:46:38 GMT
BEN TENNYSON says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2013 21:48:22 GMT
BEN TENNYSON says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 28 Dec 2013 21:49:50 GMT
"The comprehensiveness of Forza 4's featureset was second to none, meeting the needs of the extreme enthusiast and the most casual Sunday driver, but it's a featureset eviscerated to meet Xbox One's launch day. Forza 5 is a game defined not by its options, but by the absence of them."

"Forget the longed-for dynamic weather and night racing: on the way to the new generation, Forza has lost some 300 cars, over 20 locations and countless tracks, gaining versions of Spa-Francorchamps, Mount Panorama, Yas Marina and the city of Prague by way of small compensation. And by losing tracks, Forza loses the variety of racing that made it great. Without Fujimi Kaido, there is no touge racing; without drag strips, there can be no drag racing; with only one oval, there is no real Daytona; without the Nürburgring, there is no iconic endurance race; and without the beautiful Camino Viejo De Montserrat, there is no joy."

"Montserrat was the showpiece of Forza 3 - the moment sim racing stopped being po-faced - and losing it is endemic of a step back to the days when Forza had no car clubs where friends could share their hard-earned vehicles, where the UI was lumpen and slow, and where a sliver of content was stretched to breaking point and beyond. Forza 5's 200 cars and 14 tracks make for a substantial package, but are limited enough that the game abandons the notion of offering free cars as awards, simply doling out credits instead. UI transitions are glacial and the Top Gear cutscenes unskippable, as if length were a substitute for Forza's usual breadth. "

"Criminally, Forza 5 removes test driving of any kind and limits to just a handful the cars available in its Free Play mode. It's perhaps understandable that players might want to immediately leap into the Lotus F1 car making its series debut, but here it's locked behind six million credits' worth of racing, which means hours of laps around the same half-dozen locations. In previous Forzas, you might hire an AI driver to race on your behalf to scrape enough together for the more valuable cars, but not in Forza 5, where the feature has been cut."

"Play Forza 5 and you can't help think of Project Gotham Racing 3 - Microsoft's flagship racer for Xbox 360's launch, stripped of courses, cars and features in the name of its HD makeover - and certainly this game is among the prettiest on either of the new platforms. Forza 4 was gorgeous too, though, and the Xbox One makeover is too modest for its cost."

"There is a menu option for the Forza Marketplace, but it hasn't yet been activated; presumably it's still being tested prior to launch. It's one of the countless features Forza players ordinarily expect that we've lost on the way to Xbox One. A quick list? There's no way to sell unused cars back to the AI or to other players, no bespoke onscreen speedometers, no test driving a car before purchase, no kid-friendly Kinect steering or Kinect support in Forzavista, no opportunity to load a circuit-specific tuning setup before a career race, no exiting from a race series without loading up the next track, no unicorn cars, no auction house, no storefront, and no surprise, really. Forza 5 is a launch game with all the spectacle and disappointment we've come to expect from launch games. While the handling is still magic and the content on offer is substantial in a way, Forza 5 is best seen as a foundation for what Forza 6 will be in a couple of years. By comparison, this launch-day sampler will seem awfully limited, far from the hoped-for victory lap impossible on prior hardware. After all, it seems limited by comparison with Forza 4 now."

Ben, if you can read long words, Edge do a pretty accurate job of dismantling Forza 5's ridiculous business model. Enjoy.

Posted on 28 Dec 2013 21:50:11 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 29 Dec 2013 08:14:38 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2013 21:51:54 GMT
G. Hanks says:
Someone's looking for Megadrive recommendations in the thread below, perhaps you can help them?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2013 22:01:11 GMT
BEN TENNYSON says:

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2013 22:03:31 GMT
BEN TENNYSON says:
And ill be happy to do so.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2013 22:08:21 GMT
BEN TENNYSON says:
Gamerscore is only a number it doesnt show your true skill, race me on forza, challenge me on cod or gears of war and ill prove my point.

Posted on 28 Dec 2013 22:35:19 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Dec 2013 22:46:32 GMT
"I dont rely on my parents since ive been in my own place since long before you were concieved little boy. GT6s physics are nowere near reality, ive driven a car at speed so I should know."

"If I really wanted to work for achevements back in december 2005 id be on about 300k by now."

"I am an old skool gamer" (Is that how you kids say it these days?)

Why do I find all this suspicious. Why when you write "old skool" does my skin crawl? And then the whole "challenge me on cod or gears of war and ill prove my point." You realise how ridiculous all this sounds? Fun to read but you're doing yourself no favors. It also diminishes any shred of an argument you had in the first place. Ben I'm sad to say you've been trolled. Seeing a troll get trolled is a sad sight. But congrats to Paul and co for reducing Ben's argument down to what is essentially challenging you outside to prove who is the hardest.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2013 23:23:01 GMT
Ben its been great talking to you again, seeing how you have ben completely dismantled and had your whole point boil down to im a better gamer than you to which you were then proven wrong lol.

Best you get the ben 10 dvd's out santa bought you and try again in a couple of weeks.

Posted on 28 Dec 2013 23:23:02 GMT
Sanchez says:
Ben are you like 10 or something. You've got some great trolling logic going on there. Just the shear number of people telling you you're wrong makes you a troll.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2013 23:27:21 GMT
BEN TENNYSON says:
Whatever.

Posted on 28 Dec 2013 23:34:30 GMT
BEN TENNYSON says:
Just heard Sony are pulling online services for PS3 games in 2014.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2013 23:34:58 GMT
Mike Smith says:
They released GT6 @ 80% finished. But to be honest, comparing GT6 to Forza 5 is like comparing Chalk and Cheese. They are games on 2 different systems and two different generations. And the actual physics used on GT6 comes from research they did with Bilstien (sp) and its one of the best driving games I've played. Now i haven't played forza 5 so i have nothing to compare. But Ben u sound like a total fanboy when u praise forza and slag off gt6.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2013 23:37:30 GMT
BEN TENNYSON says:
I've played both and driven a real car so I should know.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2013 00:15:58 GMT
G. Hanks says:
"I've played both and driven a real car so I should know."

Look, there's nothing wrong with liking Forza5, it can even be your favourite game, that's fine. But I've got to agree with Tetro here, most of your posts relating to your age aren't posts an adult would make. A fair portion of adults either can drive or have at least taken a car out, it's not even something most would mention as for most adults, being able to drive is not a big thing. Combine that with a username from Ben10, which isn't usually a children's cultural reference that an adult would use, especially one who claims to be 35. Thundercats, Transformers, He-man etc you might expect to see from someone who grew up in the 80s maybe, but very unlikely Ben10.

You're not going to get chided for your age on here in general (I'd hope), but pretending to be older than you are not only makes you look bad but really isn't necessary.

I hope you continue to enjoy Forza5 but defending microtransaction that are implemented so insidiously (and Forza5 isn't the only one here, a large portion of EA stuff is really poor) is just asking for Publishers to push them harder and try and rip every spare pound out of your pocket. You don't need to be a hardcore long term gamer to see this either.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2013 00:23:30 GMT
BEN TENNYSON says:
As i told many of you on a different thread my name was Tennyson way before the ben10 cartoon thought of.

Posted on 29 Dec 2013 00:29:52 GMT
S. Berry says:
I have yet to play forza 5 as im saving my money for when the nex gen comes down in price.I have a copy of every other forza game and every gran turisimo game.I can say that comparing gt's physics and the physics for forza's physics are pointles one is a sim the other is more of an arcade racer. in my opinion of the forza games in my collection i would say gran turisimo hase more realistic handling models.I have racing experience and can state that in my honest opinion forza's handling is very unrealistic. Now i wil make it clear i am not shumacher or lewis hamilton but i do own and race a single seater so i feel that i am qualified to give my 2 pence worth as for the cars or lack of if forza 5 has considerably less then that's fine if they want to charge you for more thats fine i wont buy them however i am currious to your opinion on the concept program in gt 6 were there giving away free concept cars as the game ages i will however agree that the customization in terms of paint is better in the forza series however that is about as relevant to racing as the football results.now i will agree that gamescore doesn't have anything to do with how good a gamer you are.

Posted on 29 Dec 2013 11:45:06 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 29 Dec 2013 12:24:39 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2013 12:13:12 GMT
BEN TENNYSON says:
Id like to say something to that but I know amazon will remove it so whats the point.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  25
Total posts:  217
Initial post:  27 Dec 2013
Latest post:  2 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions