Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

It's The Fighting Game Thread!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 482 posts in this discussion
Posted on 13 Feb 2013 09:16:11 GMT
I have not had a chance to play this yet but the new DoA5 patch with multiple tweaks and a free new stage (on a beach) is also live now (think it was yesterday). Looking forward to the Vita version of this too.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Feb 2013 09:56:09 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Feb 2013 09:56:30 GMT
"Kat (Gravity Rush) and Emmet (Starhawk) hit PS All Stars tomorrow as free DLC."

What a great Valentines present. Thank you Sony. NOW FIX THE POXY MUSIC UNLIMITED APP! xXx

Posted on 13 Feb 2013 10:04:15 GMT
The Music Unlimited App is a shameful fiasco and I feel your pain - I have taken to e-mailing support daily asking for updates (and compensation)...Sony have taken to ignoring me.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Feb 2013 10:42:26 GMT
Out of all three apps (PS3, Vita, Phone) i use the phone app 99%, i connect it to my car radio and slisten to music to and from work. When i'm on the PS3 or Vita i'm usually on games not listening to music.

Even though it only cost me 11.99 it feels like such a waste of money!

Posted on 13 Feb 2013 16:57:46 GMT
Nick. says:
The new characters and map for All Stars are great, who is 'up' for some games in the next week?

Posted on 13 Feb 2013 16:59:13 GMT
I know it's OT, but what's happened with Music Unlimited?

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Feb 2013 17:18:16 GMT
They released an update to the android app and for 100s of users it has effectively disabled the service. Earlier today they rolled the version back to the previous one and are working on a fix - the play store is riddled with 1 star reviews as a result.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Feb 2013 17:32:27 GMT
That sucks - does it affect your access to it on all devices, or just on Android phones?

Imagine how much more you'd be annoyed if you paid full price for it...

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Feb 2013 17:43:38 GMT
it is just on the phone - though I have got the old version working now. it was out for a full week though and tbh I only really benefit from it being on my phone so yep - well annoying. Will think twice about paying full wack - when it works though it is superb - read an album review in the paper and bang - you effectively allready have the album....when the app works...

Posted on 14 Feb 2013 12:04:35 GMT
Release date and price for Darkstalkers (copied from PSU):

"Capcom has revealed that vampire brawler Darkstalkers Resurrection will hit PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE Arcade on March 13.

Resurrection will set you back 11.99 on Sony's online service, and 1200 Microsoft Points via XBLA.

Comprised of classic fighters Darkstalkers Revenge and Darkstalkers 3, the games include GGPO-enabled online play, HD visuals, replay sharing, Spectator Mode, plus Trophies/Achievements."

Posted on 14 Feb 2013 12:06:14 GMT
Looks like Sony listened to my rant and 1 star reveiw on Google play

Posted on 14 Feb 2013 12:08:53 GMT
Also Aquaman confirmed for Injustice! I read that and straight away though of Family guy but the trailer actually does a good job of making Aquaman look cool. Mind you I can't help but think of Rain from MK9 looking at the footage - not a bad thing I suppose but I want more than a reskinned Mortal Kombat please!!! Link is to the reveal trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-68LvoY4k

Posted on 16 Feb 2013 21:15:18 GMT
Giddy like a japanese schoolgirl for this game on vita (new japanese trailer)

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/screens/doa5-japan.htm

Posted on 16 Feb 2013 21:28:46 GMT
Giddy like a norwegian post mistress for Darkstalkers Ressurection

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/screens/ds-resurrection-video.htm

Some great footage in this vid.

Posted on 17 Feb 2013 00:24:08 GMT
Cerberus says:
Well done for putting up the Darkstalkers release date Robson.

I'm not sure what to expect from Injustice, I never played any of the more recent MK games but it's odd how the MK stuff and Killer Instinct games for that mater all have a floaty look about them, it's like they're fighting in a less than earth gravity ? still I'm looking forward to it and hoping it's not gash.

Posted on 17 Feb 2013 00:36:31 GMT
If I had a single issue with MK9 it was a tendancy towards projectile and transport moves over zoning and spacing - on saying that the game was balanced and fun to play and imo could share a sofa with the big boys with no shame. If Injustice can pull off the same trick, balance accessability with technical depth then it could be a blast. Here's hoping.

Darkstalkers on the other hand looks like being the best 11.99 I will spend this year!

Posted on 17 Feb 2013 00:39:40 GMT
Hey - the FG thread has a PMD!!! To be honest mate marking down here is a bit like going on the pull in lidl when there is a perfectly decent Waitrose across the road - wasting your time a bit.

Best of luck anyway though.

Posted on 24 Feb 2013 22:57:48 GMT
Spotted an intro guide to Darkstalkers if anyone is like me and barely played this game in years!!

http://shoryuken.com/2013/02/24/darkstalkers-resurrection-capcoms-system-mechanics-tutorial/

Posted on 24 Feb 2013 23:05:22 GMT
Giddy like a Greek Milkman for this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuAl9rJtrr8

JoJo's Bizare Adveture All Star Battle Royale - looks a blast and as far as I know the fist time horseback has featured in a fight game!! No word of an EU or Western version but not region locked so will be importing fo shua

Posted on 25 Feb 2013 14:41:35 GMT
Dead or Alive 5 is coming to PS+ next Wednesday (6th March).

Posted on 28 Feb 2013 14:03:14 GMT
More PS All Stars DLC on the way - Issac from Dead Space and Zeus from God of War - plus a new stage as well - all hits March 16th - no word on price but I suspect it will not be free!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2013 14:25:44 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Feb 2013 14:44:21 GMT
I think I read that in the US, codes for Isaac and Zeus would come with copies of God of War Ascension, and that they would be released to everyone for $4.99 each (no idea what that is in ) 2 weeks later.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2013 14:41:47 GMT
$4.99 will equal 7.99 when converted to the EU PSN :(

Posted on 28 Feb 2013 15:15:42 GMT
Mmm - not heard anything about the GoW offer so be interesting(ish) if that is EU too - no offence to PS All Stars (which is a great game) but I can't see this DLC shifting many GoW discs!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2013 15:21:32 GMT
Found the article that I read - it was from Destructoid.

http://www.destructoid.com/new-ps-all-stars-dlc-will-be-free-with-gow-ascension-247213.phtml

After getting word of what the new DLC for PlayStation All-Stars and when we would be able to get our hands on the new characters, we were left wondering how much we would have to shell out (if at all) for the batch of DLC. Killing the suspense, Seth Killian himself has wrote words over on the PlayStation Blog that should clear any of this up.

Should you buy God of War: Ascension on March 12, you will be happy to find a free voucher for Zeus and Isaac Clarke waiting for you inside the case, redeemable a week later on March 19. For those not picking up the title, the characters will be $4.99 each in the PSN store (and no, not free for a limited time). The new level, "Graveyard," will also be available on March 19 for $1.99.

So, who's going to be picking up Ascension now just for the free voucher? Because that's what weird people do, I think.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  29
Total posts:  482
Initial post:  31 Dec 2012
Latest post:  15 Jul 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions