Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Binary Domain

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 381 posts in this discussion
Posted on 20 Feb 2012 20:04:09 GMT
It still says TriggerHuggy for me...

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Feb 2012 20:05:54 GMT
I could list a few, but then i'd go back and change the list about 30 times.If I put them in order than i'd never stop tampering with it, like George Lucas and the Star Wars films. :P

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 10:29:20 GMT
Oh dear. Shopto have just sent me a text to say they've packed my Binary Domain. Could mean I get it tomorrow - won't that be 2 days early?

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Feb 2012 11:13:05 GMT
Cerberus says:
Maybe and that's the one problem with them, you could end up with the game in your hand and still no reviews about for a day or two.

Can you resist opening it up now... lol.

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 11:16:29 GMT
Trigger says:
Just go for it R. You're our guinea pig, and you've got loads of money anyway.

You getting it on PS Tripple or Tree Six Tea?

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 11:21:30 GMT
Why is my message being rejected for objectionable content yet it doesn't contain any swear words. Are Amazon checking English now.

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 11:24:00 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Feb 2012 11:26:19 GMT
Considering I've had a lot of items go missing in the post recently that have any value - last Looovefilm DVDs never arrived, Amazon trade-in Batman AC hasn't arrived - then I'm a little concerned I won't receive the game anyway.

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 11:24:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Feb 2012 11:25:35 GMT
Gawd knows why my post was being rejected. I'm getting it on 360 Tel. It has multiplayer:-)

Posted on 22 Feb 2012 08:16:16 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Feb 2012 09:26:05 GMT
First review in. IGN have given it a 7.5/10. A few quotes from the review:

An enjoyable but derivative shooter that any self-respecting sci-fi fan should check out.
The best terminator game ever made (not saying much though is it).
Multiplayer consists of usual deathmatch modes etc as well horde mode. All totally playable but nothing new.
The consequence system is an interesting idea but is superficial.
Machine-gunning robots to death is awesome.

I would paste the review here but I'm at work. Anyways never thought this game would set the gaming world alight but it sure does look like fun shooting robots that crawl along the floor when they have their legs shot off.

Posted on 22 Feb 2012 09:31:43 GMT
"Anyways never thought this game would set the gaming world alight but it sure does look like fun shooting robots that crawl along the floor when they have their legs shot off."

To be fair that's been done in other games before :P - eg Ninja Gaiden 2 and Vanquish.

Posted on 22 Feb 2012 09:35:19 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Feb 2012 09:37:46 GMT
Anyways never thought this game would set the gaming world alight but it sure does look like fun shooting robots that crawl along the floor when they have their legs shot off - at a more relaxed pedestrian speed compared to other games:-)

I didn't like Vanquish - just wasn't my bag. IGN did say it was a derivative game:-)

Posted on 22 Feb 2012 09:38:06 GMT
Do they suicide attack you in BD if they manage to crawl to you? I didn't find out when I played the demo because I decided it was best to kill crawling enemies as a priority just in case :D lol.

Posted on 22 Feb 2012 09:41:15 GMT
No idea. I shot the crawlers too. Probably bite your ankles for a slow and painful death. The campaign is apparently 10 hours too and very busy - no time for taking in the view.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Feb 2012 09:47:02 GMT
"Do they suicide attack you in BD if they manage to crawl to you?"

Yep. Well at least the red ones do.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Feb 2012 09:55:19 GMT
Trigger says:
10 hours - not bad at all. Does that review make any mention of the level design or size? Have you got your copy yet? I expect you to put a solid 3 hours in when you receive it and come back to us with a detailed review, thankyouplease :)

Posted on 22 Feb 2012 10:04:39 GMT
I won't know if I've got my copy until I arrive home from work - but it was dispatched by shopto yesterday.

"I expect you to put a solid 3 hours in when you receive it and come back to us with a detailed review, thankyouplease :) "

Crikey. So demanding.

Don't forget. I liked Kane and Lynch 2, Stranglehold and even Terminator Salvation. I'll be as objective as I can be but don't be fooled by my ethusiasm.

Posted on 22 Feb 2012 10:11:01 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Feb 2012 10:11:38 GMT
Played the demo today, seemed a little bland and unpolished, not a big fan of the voice control either, may just play it with it turned off. Also the AI are terrible at times, and run in the way of your shots then are like DONT SHOOT ME. still happy to pay 15 when it drops :)

Posted on 22 Feb 2012 10:26:24 GMT
Solar Fox says:
I liked Vanquish, so I think I will like this. There's new elements to BD that Vanquish didn't have. I'm interested to know what this is like, from someone who can give a down to earth, honest opinion.

That someone is you 'R' !!

Be nice to know what you think mate. That's all I ask. Tell us what's going on as you play it. What your thought processes are when you are behind cover, and reloading a clip into your Assault Rifle. We need to know all the details.

WE NEED TO KNOW DAMN IT!!

(ahem)
No pressure, just when you get a moment. Probably 5mins after you get in and take the seal off it! Don't you think!?

;-)

Posted on 22 Feb 2012 10:32:10 GMT
"Does that review make any mention of the level design or size?"

Don't remember, not sure if i did, but it did say it had a nice variety of environments and some robot surfing levels lol - which I think it criticized. If someone would be so kind to post the review in this thread then we don't have to rely on my poo memory:-) Ta!

It made obvious comparison with gears too. And said things like it was a fresh and thrilling experience. Anyway. Memory sapped of all knowledge now. Back to work:-)

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Feb 2012 10:34:14 GMT
I hated Vanquish. This seems busy but at least slow. I'll let you know my thoughts but don't expect minute details - I'm just not that kind of guy.

Posted on 22 Feb 2012 10:37:19 GMT
Have any more reliable websites reviewed it yet, or is it just IGN so far?

Posted on 22 Feb 2012 10:47:39 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Feb 2012 10:48:00 GMT
As far as I know IGN are the only one. Edge is yet to give its 3/10.

Posted on 22 Feb 2012 10:51:44 GMT
Solar Fox says:
Fair enough 'R'. :-)

Btw you can slow down the action in Vanquish with a special slow-mo feature, or bullet time. So you may still like it. ;-)

I didn't find it to be that fast and frantic that you couldn't tell what was going on. It was fast but in a cool and collected way. You may still like it. If you have played it enough to know, then fair enough mate. :-)

Robots surfing in BD? Those Japs are at it again! :-)

Tbf, there is a scene 3/4 of the way through Vanquish, which is quite funny. Involving robots. I won't give it away, but Tel probably knows what i'm talking about. ;-)

Posted on 22 Feb 2012 10:55:30 GMT
Eurogamer will probably give it an 8/10, as they seem to really love that score :P.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Feb 2012 11:00:56 GMT
Trigger says:
Is that where they're dancing by the ghetto blaster? :)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xb5a45de0)

This discussion

Participants:  32
Total posts:  381
Initial post:  31 Dec 2011
Latest post:  27 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions