Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

GT5 Cars Discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 7 Dec 2010 19:33:07 GMT
P. sims says:
i used the cobra to win that race, i also think the veyron is unrealistic as a real racer mostly due to the weight and handling

ive got a nice 06 gt40, lambo gallardi and of course the mazda furai concept, couple of racing model skylines knocking about which are pretty handy and at the mo looking for a decent rally car under 246hp for the special event, ive got about half a mill only

Posted on 7 Dec 2010 20:36:25 GMT
Bare Osaka says:
Cheers. The Corvette sounds like the job but 600k is a bit steep. I'm thinking i'll just grind credits and buy a class C from the used dealership, At least with that I can do the GT Allstars and most of the other Extreme events.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2010 07:06:08 GMT
RAB says:
You can have either a '66 GT40 or an '06 GT, and that is the end of it, apart from various GT40 iterations from the '60s. Sorry, I am quite pedantic when it comes to cars.

Posted on 8 Dec 2010 08:28:27 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Dec 2010 18:11:00 GMT
I'm stuck early in level 16 and without the money or the car to progress :(
I see no hope of progressing to level 17 by licences and special tracks: I have restarted the tracks so many times that for now I cannot stand the thought of bettering my Bronzes and Silvers.
I have this evil Buick '62 beefed up to the point it reaches the moon in 10 secs because it can neither turn nor brake.
And I have the black Dodge Challenger, beefed up to the point of bursting including an oil change and a car wash and sitting on the nicest set of wheels. It is a pleasure on the Mulsanne Straight or the Nürburgring but that doesn't help me on level 16 either.
Apparently I need cars in the range of 450 bhp - or is it 540? - at least but there is absolutely no hope of that with my couple of 100k. The cars I do have that start on level 16 are of the sort that are about to be lapped when they get to the first corner.
I think I need to restart my career and only upgrade cars as much as is needed.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2010 08:57:34 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Dec 2010 09:03:14 GMT
Hey there - how much money have got at present, zilch? I'd say it's worth powering on - although there'll be a little bit of a grind, it'll be far less than having to start the entire game again. Level 16 must be a good 10 hours into GT Life mode as that's were I'm at.

If you can get around 150,000 - 200,000 credits that'll open up a world of cars good enough for your needs - the McLaren MP4-12C, the Lamborghini Murcielago, a couple of Ferraris, the Mercedes-Benz SLS and so on. With some subtle tinkering, they'll take on the world until you reach the GT car series. I ensure that I always have one of these type of cars in my garage as a 'base' before spunking my currency on anything too expensive.

If you've not done many of the special events then those are great money spinners - otherwise it shouldn't take too many races in the 2nd or 3rd tier of races and there should be enough with long straights and few corners for your yank tanks to prosper :)

One final tip is to be really careful with how you upgrade cars. Even the best models can be made unsteady and not just hard to hardle but essentially 'broken' by simply strapping more horsepower on. You'll learn which components help the most soon enough though.

Posted on 8 Dec 2010 11:14:27 GMT
Bare Osaka says:
Sound mentoring There Ant. It is very tempting to whack all manner of upgrades onto cars in the hope BHP = overall performance, This is not the case. Upgrade little by little, add an exhaust and new clutch/gearing and see how you go.. I'll back up what he says about buying a mid level sports car aswel, the Mercialago is a great choice at 300k, add some slight upgrades and you'll smoke the competition.

Also I think it's worth addidng that you should try the special missions again, especially Sebastian Loeb's rally as it give abundant exp and credits. To make it easier you can turn on the anti skid assist which helps a lot.

Don't give up yet bud.

Posted on 8 Dec 2010 14:17:15 GMT
I have just started the GT rally (level 10) and wondering what the best car to go for is? Any ideas/suggestions?

Posted on 8 Dec 2010 15:44:38 GMT
Tom_ says:
Anyone have a decent pickup truck I could borrow? Been checking the used car section for ages but nothing ever appears.

Posted on 8 Dec 2010 15:47:21 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Dec 2010 15:48:37 GMT
"I have just started the GT rally (level 10) and wondering what the best car to go for is? Any ideas/suggestions? "

I used the Toyota FT-86 concept. Its not a rally car but it totally p!ssed the races. Think i only added a little power to it as the race is limited i believe.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2010 15:48:14 GMT
"Anyone have a decent pickup truck I could borrow? Been checking the used car section for ages but nothing ever appears. "

Can I borrow it after you please!

Posted on 8 Dec 2010 15:52:58 GMT
I've got one but haven't tested its suitability for the series. If it's good enough I'll be sure to pass it on :)

Posted on 8 Dec 2010 16:21:50 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 13 Nov 2011 08:58:50 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2010 16:24:07 GMT
ahh gt5 update 1.03 seriously... didnt they have enough time to finish it before :(

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2010 16:54:35 GMT
It adds something to do with the structural damage.

Posted on 8 Dec 2010 17:03:03 GMT
TS says:
The patch adds mechanical damage to online racers.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2010 17:30:48 GMT
Carl wrote:

"the "Gran Turismo All Stars" is full of super racing cars which my Bugatti would have been for but it just cant corner or anything now."

I used the Mazda Stealth car to win the all stars challenge. I have it tuned up to just under 900 BHP, Not as high as some of the cars in the races, but I managed to win all the races by about an average of 3 seconds. I tuned it with everything it could take. I had previously tried the Buick like you, but could barely keep it on the road in the corners. LOL.

I've still to do the Historic Racing Car Club event. Haven't got a car yet for that one.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2010 17:34:58 GMT
BigRed wrote:

"Anyone have a decent pickup truck I could borrow? Been checking the used car section for ages but nothing ever appears. "

You get a free pickup truck when you complete the second to last set of licence challenges. You'll need to tune it up a bit to win races though.

Posted on 8 Dec 2010 17:43:04 GMT
Carl, I used the 2J race car for the historic cup on expert. Easy win. I sent it to Ant so if you ask him he may send it on to you.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2010 18:03:58 GMT
i am a lvl 10 with 120k in the bank... i want a nice car ferrari etc... what should i be looking at? or should i save it until i progress?

Posted on 8 Dec 2010 18:13:00 GMT
Cerberus says:
Carl

Expert Historic Cup I used a Chevrolet Camero Z28 69 and race modified it then bought and slung on whatever engine upgrades the race mod didn't and adjusted front down force to max and rear to about half or maybe a bit more, all I had to keep an eye on then was the Toyota 7 race car. If that car started in front it was a case of quit and start again as it will disappear but behind you and the AI is a little poor when it comes to overtaking amongst itself and it should be a problem until the last lap.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2010 18:17:56 GMT
Cerberus says:
Treab

I would buy cars you need to use although the 512b can be bought and used in quite a few races, old ferrari but still rapid enough.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2010 18:20:13 GMT
any decent lamborghini's?

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2010 18:33:37 GMT
Cerberus says:
Will you be able to use it in any races yet ?

Posted on 8 Dec 2010 18:40:52 GMT
dont care :P

Posted on 8 Dec 2010 19:17:05 GMT
TS says:
Online only Cerb. There are two levels of damage, but heavy is so excessive that a slight collision at 35-40 will likely ruin the race for you.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  77
Total posts:  1272
Initial post:  26 Nov 2010
Latest post:  26 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions