Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Dark Souls co-op gang & general chat

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 6 Oct 2011 17:18:44 BDT
djburty says:
" I dont like this method of presenting 6 or 7 routes with no idea where they go as I want to see everything and I always worry I'll be transported from the area with stuff left to discover"
i'm pretty sure you can revisit every area and new shortcuts open up to make returning to previous areas easier. i imagine you try each route to see if one kills you less than others!

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 17:22:20 BDT
Actually I quite like the look of the exploration theme in Dark Souls.
But I have yet to play the game so when I wander down the wrong path and get gang r**** then I'm sure I will change my mind.

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 17:24:07 BDT
Im glad i cant stockpile hundreds of herbs like in Demon's Souls - Love the idea of the flasks

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 17:53:59 BDT
ThulŽatan says:
My copy arrived today too - the game box squashed by Royal Fail. So I won't be playing tonight either, as it's going back to ShopTo tomorrow.

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 18:18:55 BDT
well, my game has now dispatched. new estimated delivery: Monday 10/10/11
Not happy :(
gonna have to buy it from a high street shop now and send back then amazon one that arrives on monday.
What's the point in a pre-order that arrives 3 days late? :/

That said... i'll be getting stuck in right after work :) roll on 6pm tomorrow :D

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 19:18:10 BDT
G. Hanks says:
Well mine was dispatched just before 5, hoping there's a slim chance that it'll arrive tomorrow. First class though, no way I was going to pay £5 extra for expedited delivery for a game I could walk into town and buy AND PLAY ON THE FRICKING RELEASE DATE for a similar price. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow perhaps I have my own laziness to blame. Deus Ex did come 2 days early, my first pre-order from here, I was really impressed so I figured Amazon would be a safe bet...

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 19:18:17 BDT
What's the point in a pre-order that arrives 3 days late?

Did you not pick first class post?

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 19:41:14 BDT
Started the game twice now to get a feel for it, once as a Pyromancer and once as a Warrior. Melee is the way to go IMO - magic is limited to uses now so its no longer the sort-of 'play it safe' card. Will begin my first run properly later as a Warrior, I think

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2011 19:51:10 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Sep 2012 16:08:44 BDT
egarcia_1 (PS3) - 9pm onwards most evenings

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 20:54:56 BDT
Sir Rodders says:
Whats all this vibe about magic being the easy option? (Not specifically aimed at Cliff as have seen it mentioned elsewhere) I played as a magic type thing in Demons Souls and died a plenty. Just gives you a different way to play it surely.

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 21:07:36 BDT
"Whats all this vibe about magic being the easy option?"

I think we chatted about this the other day and agreed it wasnt an 'easy way out'. What I meant is that in Dark Souls its difficult to thin out numbers like you could on Demon's by launching long distance magic attacks - on Dark you have a finite number of casts and some need saving for the boss if magic is your focus over melee. Basically, I've had to resort to wading in to fight the enemies whereas in Demon's it was a viable tactic to use magic almost 100% of the time

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 21:24:38 BDT
AKHTAR ALI says:
Most times you unlock a shortcut before a boss, so you can go back recover your spells and then fight the boss, but I do see useing magic to get to the boss as a problem :(

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 21:26:00 BDT
I'm 2/3 hours in maybe as a Knight

Took the high route to start with ie up the path on the mountainside which leads you into UndeadBurg then Undead Parish.

Got stuck as I have no idea where to go on that route now.

***SPOILER ALERT***

Had an epic duel with the Demon Swordsman (or whatever he is) near ish the bonfire in Undead Burg. Nice 600 souls and some minerals.

Killed the Taurus Demon and then the Armoured Boar without too much difficulty. Would have sniped the Dragon from the underside of the bridge but I don't have any arrows for my crossbow - perhaps I am missing a store somewhere?

***SPOILER END***

Near your start point is someone who will teach you miracles. Heal costs 4k and is limited to 5 uses I think. Just beyond him in that direction is a graveyard which houses various items of loot (talisman, winged spear, zeihander and several souls). This is all defended by some tough skeletons.

I REALLY need a blacksmith/smithing box too as my weapons are getting extremely battered.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2011 21:30:37 BDT
AKHTAR ALI says:
There is a blacksmith under Firelink Shrine I heard

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 22:20:05 BDT
**SPOILERS**

Halfway through Undead Burg, there's a merchant. There's a rooftop with two of the harder common enemies and a whole lot of crates and barrels. Kill the enemies and smash the crates to reveal a staircase into the building - kill the hiding Undead downstairs and the Merchant is out on the balcony. He sells arrows, weapons, etc

Just killed the Taurus Demon but got fried by a Dragon that came out of nowhere so gotta redo the second half of UB for the fifth time... Last time I tried out the FPS view of my bow after I'd cleared the area and, of my own accord, just stepped off the mountainside to my most embarrassing death yet because I had no idea from that POV what my surroundings were like

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 22:41:43 BDT
TS says:
"Im glad i cant stockpile hundreds of herbs like in Demon's Souls - Love the idea of the flasks"
Yeah, I think the Estus Flasks are a fantastic change to the game - both game design wise and in uses. Never overstocked but never finite either. Very clever.

RE: open world. I actually prefer the open world, it really emphasises one of Demon's Souls best elements for me: exploration. I have to see everything in a game, but I don't mind picking a route and sticking to it, knowing I can later come back and have so much else to see. It makes each new tangent exciting to see what else will turn up.

Posted on 7 Oct 2011 08:04:57 BDT
I've been on it for about 4 hours, and playing as a pyromancer must say i'm loving it except for a few what appear to be glitches. Still getting used to things in the game but it's turning out to be be epic.

Posted on 7 Oct 2011 08:11:27 BDT
stucody says:
I pre order the Dark Souls game guide in the hope I would receive it within time for the game but its now saying I won't receive it until Oct 14th:(

Posted on 7 Oct 2011 08:57:05 BDT
I hope mine turns up today. Hurry up Mr Postman, I'm waiting. If not, another day of Empire Total War for me.

Posted on 7 Oct 2011 09:05:30 BDT
Tom_ says:
Made a special journey to Tescos this morning only to be told "Were not stocking any game called Dark Souls". How can they not stock Dark Souls?? I now have to make a trip to Blockbusters after work if I want to get my hands on it today.

Posted on 7 Oct 2011 09:20:24 BDT
I dont understand some of the supermarkets, it seems to have gotten decent numbers of pre-orders and has been rated very highly by critics but they dont see its enough to sell in stores.

Im hoping mine arrives today :D

Posted on 7 Oct 2011 09:29:20 BDT
I went as a thief and am doing pretty well stabbing people in the back :)

Got owned by the Taurus last night because I didn't realise I could climb up at first to take out the archers and by the time I realised I couldn't be bothered. I'll pick it up tonight where I left off.

Posted on 7 Oct 2011 09:38:58 BDT
He's a bit of a bast that old Taurus but mojo found an awesome way to take him out which worked wonders.

Posted on 7 Oct 2011 09:45:39 BDT
Trigger says:
Supermarkets tend to have fairly limited shelf space so only go for bigger, known or highly marketed gaming brands.

And saying that, after all my waxing lyrical about Tesco and receiving an email on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning saying it had been sent, I still haven't received it yet. I really hope it's there tonight.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2011 09:47:48 BDT
Tel, is your order for the guide being processed on here yet? My order on Play.com is still listed as a preorder... don't want to miss out on getting it in case it only gets a limited print.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  109
Total posts:  5334
Initial post:  5 Oct 2011
Latest post:  29 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions