Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Official Amazon Football Thread - Second Leg

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 20 Apr 2012 00:44:12 BDT
For all those disappointed by Ryan's copy and paste effort, feel free to be disappointed by mine too. Third post down on the first page.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxJDNP8ZT4910I&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=TxRQOF6LUZRJCI

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 00:53:40 BDT
Quality stuff Dave. First page is looking good.

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 06:40:28 BDT
Happy Friday all,

The Gossip from the football today is:

Real Madrid playmaker Mesut Ozil, 23, is Manchester United's No 1 summer transfer target.

Chelsea defender Jose Bosingwa, 29, is being targeted by Inter Milan on a free transfer but his considerable wage demands are a potential stumbling block.

Aston Villa will demand £12m for 25-year-old England striker Gabby Agbonlahor, who is a target for Sunderland.

Wigan winger Victor Moses, 21, is set to spark a summer scramble between Liverpool and Tottenham after deciding not to renew his deal at the DW Stadium.

Would be fantastic if Ozil came to Man Utd, but lets face it why would he leave Madrid? And is Gabby Agbonlahor really worth what there asking....im really not to sure. What do Liverpool fans think of victor moses, do you think your going to pay over the odds for another average player or is he going to be a potential diamond.

And Chelsea fans what do you think of Jose Bosingwa maybe leaving for free

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 07:47:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Apr 2012 07:57:40 BDT
RAB says:
No clue why Ozil would come to Old Trafford just to be kept on the bench by Phil Jones to be honest.

Not sure why Inter would want to replace Maicon with Bosingwa.

£12m for Gabby Agbonla is good business I think, he's shown he's got a lot of talent in the past, if anyone's gonna help him hit the next level it's O'Neil. Look at Bendtner. In fact look at him a few years ago when Villa were in their prime.

Moses is another who's got buckets of potential, it's only the fact that Wigan are in a relegation battle that's keeping him from being in the running for Young Player of the Year. Needs to work on his finishing a bit though, and what Spurs and Liverpool both need is someone who can already finish.

Morning all. Going to be getting drunk as duck tonight and tomorrow night.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2012 07:55:30 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Apr 2012 07:57:53 BDT
Prankster says:
Haha, the Phil Jones quips never get old, Ryan. Good stuff. Madrid probably won't let go of their best player though in the foreseeable future.

Good day all. Going out for a lunch party sponsored by the boss again.

Also could you add that I have a man crush on Kaka and hates Menezes for not including him in the Brazil squad in the OP?

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 08:17:54 BDT
RAB says:
Predictions?

Arsenal 2-3 Chelsea
Aston Villa 0-0 Sunderland
Blackburn 3-2 Norwich
Bolton 0-2 Swansea
Fulham 1-2 Wigan
Newcastle 4-0 Stoke
Queens Park Rangers 1-0 Tottenham
Man United 4-2 Everton
Liverpool 1-1 West Brom
Wolves 0-4 Man City

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2012 08:22:32 BDT
RAB says:
"And Chelsea fans what do you think of Jose Bosingwa maybe leaving for free"

I actually think Syrup would drive Bosingwa to Milan himself to be honest.

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 08:38:17 BDT
Steve says:
First I'm mister nice guy now im the daddy of the group.I think stoph might run me close on that.As for unibrow,if Dave wants to drive the cunit well ill pay for the petrol.

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 08:45:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Apr 2012 08:46:48 BDT
"Also could you add that I have a man crush on Kaka"

I mentioned that in my post Aamod if you look just below Ryan's.

Taxi's already waiting outside Stamford Bridge for Bosingwa. Might put a bag over his head too, not so he doesn't know where he's going, just because he's an ugly cunit.

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 08:56:28 BDT
Really wish he would just shave that eyebrow

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 09:01:18 BDT
Arsenal 3-2 Chelsea
Aston Villa 1-1 Sunderland
Blackburn 2-1 Norwich
Bolton 1-0 Swansea
Fulham 2-2 Wigan
Newcastle 2-0 Stoke
Queens Park Rangers 1-1 Tottenham
Man United 3-2 Everton
Liverpool 3-1 West Brom
Wolves 0-3 Man City

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 09:12:17 BDT
Mike E says:
Operation Womble was a success, queued from quarter past 6 and was about 50th in it so happy days. The tickets are really low quality, there are no tearing stubs or anything so security must be an issue on them

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 09:14:26 BDT
RAB says:
Only Mike.

Only Mike would complain about the quality of a ticket.

Glad you got them though.

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 09:36:29 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Apr 2012 09:42:47 BDT
Mike E says:
I'm not really complaining about them, there just isn't any watermarks or anything as far as I can see. Apparently when they played Bristol Rovers on the first day of the season there were quite a few fake tickets about. Most tickets have tearable stubs at the end to help prevent fakes being made/used

£15 for my dad and £9 for me, have to take my college id card with me though to get in

I got my ticket at about 25 past 8 and by quarter to 9 they'd sold out. Apparently about 4 people there didn't get a ticket but I think they arrived close to 8. I think everyone who got there before 7 got one

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 09:45:55 BDT
RAB says:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anderson and Pogba are out for the rest of the season.

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 09:59:56 BDT
Anderson and Pogba are out for the rest of the season.

I dont think there is a great loss, not seen enough of Pogba yet, Anderson.......well i dunno seems very inconsistent, don't no if he will ever be regarded as a First team choice. Still both young things could change.

On the subject of Pogba he still has not signed that deal.......i say get the frack out! If you are not committed for your club then get out. Wayne Roooney included!

A club like Manchester United with all it's history, Players should be proud to wear that shirt instead you got players like Pogba and even Rooney who treat the club like dirt or go on to say were not good enough.

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 10:27:01 BDT
Morning Fellas

Nice and fresh new thread ey. Nice work Ryan, I was wondering why my emails stopped from the footy thread at 10:45 yesterday. Was off work yesterday, have some sort of eye infection, it's a pain in the... well... eye.

Everybody should buy Trials Evolution, absolutely tremendous game. Soooo addictive and frustrating in equal measure.

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 10:28:11 BDT
RAB says:
I do still think it's his agent not him who's doing that Chris. I reckon he'll stay in the end.

I still really rate Anderson as well, although Carrick and Scholes are doing a fine job at the moment. We've got Jones and Clevs to cover as well so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2012 10:30:26 BDT
RAB says:
I'll be getting Trials at some point Bri. Does look good.

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 10:40:22 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Apr 2012 10:44:05 BDT
do still think it's his agent not him who's doing that Chris. I reckon he'll stay in the end.

I hope it is either way we will find out soon. I used to rate Anderson and i do still hope he's got what it takes. Injurys have not helped him though

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 10:41:57 BDT
Anderson always does well against Tottenham for some reason.

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 10:45:58 BDT
RAB says:
People forget his partnership with Clevs at the start of the season. They were immense.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2012 10:55:23 BDT
Prankster says:
Awesome, Dave. I really didn't see that post. Also, i do speak about Arsenal. Have you not seem me trying my level best to tell Ryan he's just wrong about Wilshere. I tell ya, the boy just doesn't listen to me!

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 10:56:35 BDT
RAB says:
Cleverley > Wilshere

FACT!

I'd like to say I'm done stirring.... But I'm not. I'm in that sort of mood today.

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 10:57:08 BDT
Prankster says:
Arsenal 3-2 Chelsea
Aston Villa 1-2 Sunderland
Blackburn 1-1 Norwich
Bolton 0-2 Swansea
Fulham 2-1 Wigan
Newcastle 3-0 Stoke
Queens Park Rangers 0-2 Tottenham
Man United 2-2 Everton
Liverpool 1-2 West Brom
Wolves 0-3 Man City
Discussion locked

This discussion

Participants:  59
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  19 Apr 2012
Latest post:  29 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions