Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Battlefield 3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1101-1125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 11 Jul 2012 13:00:40 BDT
Ballisticola says:
"even the MASS & DART didnt seem to do much (I may as well have been throwing water balloons at times!)"

That was fixed...so I started using it :D I use the Frag instead of the Slug, the Slug is more powerful, but you seem to be able to kill easier with Frag.

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 13:21:06 BDT
AndyBSG says:
Posted something on the DADS website about a clan match against RATS and they're definitely up for it so just need to start sorting some details out.

- Which nights of the week are best? Friday's are probably a no for us but should be able to get a team together any other night without too much difficulty.

- Which time. Most of our guys get online a bit later, generally after they've put the kids to bed so a start of 2000-2100 would probably be best on a week night.

- Which game modes. Would guess a best of 3 on conquest with each team choosing a map and a random one for the decider? Think pretty much all of our guys have B2K but not all all have CQ so maybe exclude those ones?

- How many players. Think we could get an 8v8 on our side with no problem.

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 13:31:07 BDT
"Which game modes. Would guess a best of 3 on conquest with each team choosing a map and a random one for the decider?"

I was thinking of using the new "matches feature" it allows 2 maps with either 1 or 2 games per map. It gives time for players to get ready before it begins but I've yet to try it out myself.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/07/matches-feature-coming-to-battlefield-3/

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 13:32:25 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Jul 2012 13:35:40 BDT
MintFox says:
Andy To quote Shakira. "Wherever, whenever" and "My breasts are small and humble not to be confused with mountains."

I'll play when it suits everyone else. We should actually get a league going. We have contact with a few other clans so that might be easy to make happen, most likley not but I'm an optimist!. Thursday night fights perhaps? thoughts all??

We can have a team of 12 with a fair bit of planning. A team of 8 with a little time or a game of squad rush 4 v 4 could happen almost anytime.

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 13:37:12 BDT
AndyBSG says:
"We should actually get a league going"

Funny you should say that because that's something the DADS are looking into with a couple of other clans like Drunken Knights and N00B's

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 13:45:41 BDT
Looking at the Drunken Knights clan page, their presentation says "better than the dads" obviously you already have some rivalry going on with them
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655240998732170/

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 13:47:26 BDT
MintFox says:
We should change ours to Better than Randoms.

Space for us in your league Andy? If it's a good format I think we would be interested.

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 14:06:27 BDT
Afternoon chaps - if you guys have room id get involved in any games after 9pm

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 14:14:06 BDT
MintFox says:
Afternoon MK, if we have room no problem on that front. If not bring the SWA along and battle against us.

Posted on 18 Jul 2012 07:04:40 BDT
Good games last night with the BAC joining us for some games. It was certainly hard work in the game when mmm and chaos got moved to their side.

If you haven't already seen this video it's well worth a watch. Play 6 is my favourite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLH-6OIXhPE&hd=1

Posted on 23 Jul 2012 15:31:17 BDT
MajPanik says:
Been rocking the KH2002 for the past three days and have to say, although starting off with terrible sights, it's a tasty little pea shooter! Takes a little getting used to the three shot bursts (Double or triple tapping the shoot button has proved to be a must!) but it appears to have some real poke to it. Can definately advise it as a viable alternative to the M16A3 :)

Also tried the AN94, personally I just couldnt get with it, I hate the first scope it comes with and the Iron sights are awful (IMO of course), a real shame as I keep getting burnt by people with it lol

I'll never max out all the guns (I'm totally in love with my A91 so no other Mech gun gets a look in)

Posted on 23 Jul 2012 15:35:56 BDT
@Ian make sure you switch the AN94 to burst mode, I think it's set to auto by default. It can fire the first two bullets in the same place.

Posted on 24 Jul 2012 10:48:03 BDT
MajPanik says:
Thanks Ape, that seemed to work better :)

Had a few good rounds early yesterday but around 7:30 a group of three in a clan (same tag) came in and I suffered intollerable lag drain whenever I tried to shoot in their direction? I may aswell have been throwing confetti at them for all the good my bullets were doing lol

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2012 10:55:27 BDT
MintFox says:
Good night on BF3 for me last night. Picked up Mortar kills, a few stationary implacment ribbons (spent about 30 mins on the gun as well) a flag defender ribbon + a vehicle combat ribbon and I've still to get my 1st medal for each of those.

Also had a couple of guys join our server last night who in the past had banned us from theirs. We didn't get a chance to make them suffer though as they quit out pretty quickly when it was obvious they were going to loose.

Posted on 24 Jul 2012 11:28:12 BDT
MajPanik says:
I now take getting kicked/banned from servers as a sign of fear or respect lol

Gets on my T*** though when I've abided by all their damn rules when all around me are people abusing them!

Funniest Rule I found so far = "NO" Isla, RPG, Javelin, Soflam, M16, M26 MASS/Dart/Smoke, Shotguns, M320, G18 and No CQ Assignment Weapons or we kick! Trying to take out choppers was fun lol

Posted on 24 Jul 2012 11:32:36 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Jul 2012 11:33:30 BDT
MintFox says:
"No CQ Assignment Weapons or we kick!"

Worst rule I've ever seen. Why? Can understand no L96 at a push as people would be sick of getting shot from 15 miles away but the rest gees.

MMM and I were on a server at the weekend that had a No shutguns (Not a spelling mistake on my part) rule it started about two hours of bad Mr Makay from South Park impressions. 'No shutguns mmmkay, shutguns are bad mmmkay.

Posted on 24 Jul 2012 13:37:13 BDT
MajPanik says:
lol I've seen "No Shootguns"! ??? eh? What? No guns then!! lol

And the consistant spelling error is "Or we **Bann**" Must be foreign is all I can imagine.

The only voiceover that I recite whilst playing BF3 is the "Enemy in your A-Hole" (I Beleive its 'A'O' but it cracks me up, however.... "John Terry cant find a man" from Fifa 12 is the funniest VO I've heard in ages!)

Posted on 24 Jul 2012 13:43:32 BDT
AndyBSG says:
"had a No shutguns (Not a spelling mistake on my part) rule"

We've got a woman at work who refers to screenshots as screenshuts no matter how many times you correct her... Every time she says it I picture myself beating her to death with a stapler.

Speaking of stationary emplacement ribbons, why are some of the AA guns in the most ridiculous places on BF3?

I know they were ridiculously powerful in BF:BC2 but in BF3 they're not that great. I've always seen AA guns as a device for preventing choppers base raping but they're so weak and poorly placed it's hard for that to work.

The one that really gets my goat is on Damavand Peak Rush where you have one right at the attackers base but it's behind a huge boulder so of almost no use at all.

Posted on 24 Jul 2012 14:04:56 BDT
Sanchez says:
Speaking of stationary emplacement ribbons, why are some of the AA guns in the most ridiculous places on BF3?

It doesn't mean you have to get a kill with the emplacement you just have to be on an emplacement to get the ribbon. What I did and presume many others did was to place a lot of AT mines everywhere then man the gun. Boom - Ribbon time.

Posted on 24 Jul 2012 14:10:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Jul 2012 14:18:30 BDT
MintFox says:
The mine trick works, same goes for jets if you are strugling to get kills with them. (or the skid loader if you still need the 'Like a boss' trophy) Andy has got a point WRT placement. From what I can figure out the two of them situated on Bizaar conquest are for spawn camping only. The team who own the base can't get near them if you push up tight. The only level I think they have got the placement perfect is Highway Rush.

Posted on 24 Jul 2012 16:17:44 BDT
MajPanik says:
The only AA guns really worth bothering with are on Kharg Island, the one near the chopper spawn is rubbish but the others (one by the player spawn.... with the boat, Jeep and two tanks, and the other on the back of the aircraft carrier) are basically ok. Ridiculously underpowered though :(

Posted on 24 Jul 2012 18:03:17 BDT
Shutguns are fun mmmkay!

Posted on 24 Jul 2012 18:17:17 BDT
Luddite Joe says:
A couple of amusing rules I saw recently:
"No parachuting onto tall buildings" and "No going prone" !!!

One good one though was "We only have one rule - SPOT "

Posted on 26 Jul 2012 16:23:47 BDT
Hackerdude says:
Anybody play BF3 on the PC on here? looking for a few players tonight from 9pm onwards?
Origin ID - Hackerdude

Posted on 26 Jul 2012 16:33:16 BDT
Hackerdude I would recommend posting on the *official* PC gaming thread it's on the front page. I think a couple do play Battlefield
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  75
Total posts:  1301
Initial post:  30 Jul 2010
Latest post:  28 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions