Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Off Topic - good TV shows

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1026-1050 of 1058 posts in this discussion
Posted on 17 Apr 2014 15:43:33 BDT
AndyBSG says:
I really need to catch up on Californication.

Last season I watched was season 4 which was the one that had 'Sasha Bingham' played by some ridiculously hot girl called Addison Timlin.

Posted on 16 May 2014 08:31:33 BDT
Necro!!

Just started True Blood - enjoyed the first 4 episodes but already starting to see some faults that I think might carry on (as far as Jason is, his little escapades seem to be filler because they haven't got enough proper story stuff to fill an episode)

Twin Peaks Blu-Ray set was officially announced yesterday. Contains the full show, the movie, 90 minutes of deleted/alternate scenes (the Holy Grail of Twin Peaks fanboys) and tonnes of new stuff with it all being overseen and remastered by David Lynch himself. Excited!!

Posted on 16 May 2014 08:49:28 BDT
oooo! will totally get the twin peaks set.
I've been eyeing up the 'gold' DVD set for years but never got round to buying it. :)
Blu-ray = omnomnom.

Posted on 16 May 2014 14:36:16 BDT
Paul,

Stick with True Blood - it gets much better after the first season, with far less of Jason doing what Jason does!

Posted on 17 May 2014 16:22:14 BDT
Matthew says:
Not sure how helpful this will be, but if you watch via the usual methods, these shows are out soon in America.

Crossbones Season 1 - 30th May
Dominion - 9th June
Falling Skies Season 4 - 22nd June
The Last Ship Season 1 - 22nd June
Under the Dome Season 2 - 30th June
Extant Season 1 - 9th July

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2014 14:03:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 May 2014 14:03:23 BDT
disagree whole heartedly with this.

overall i like true blood, but the 1st season is the best. 2nd season is pretty pants. 3rd season is very good again. season 4 & 5 are dross, but then season 6 is brilliant again. overall i'm looking forward to season 7 :)

when is banshee season 2 coming to the UK??

i'm addicted to trailer park boys atm. watching it on netflix. half way through series 3. all kinds of genius.

Posted on 22 May 2014 15:08:52 BDT
HOOP DOGG says:
I've been looking forward to Crossbones since the average Black Sails.

I only liked the 1st season of True Blood, completely lost interest in it now but my wife is still watching it. I found the character of Russell Edgington to be irritating which i don't think was the intention.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2014 19:19:05 BDT
Matthew says:
Crossbones looks pretty cool. I thought I'd mention some of the premiere dates as there's not much on American TV over the summer, though someone took offense lol. Anyways Game of Thrones is doing really well, almost every other episode in Season 4 is breaking viewer records in the States. I can see why they renewed it for a 5th and 6th Season, the books will likely be done in their entirety too.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2014 19:25:26 BDT
Matthew says:
I don't follow Banshee personally but one website is claiming Season 2 will be out here in July.

Posted on 9 Jun 2014 09:33:24 BDT
AndyBSG says:
OK, just finished watching the first two seasons of American Horror Story on Netflix and looking for something to follow it up with which is also available on Netflix.

Has anyone on here watched Hemlock Grove and know if it's any good?

Posted on 9 Jun 2014 09:48:55 BDT
Game of Thrones is going to experience a huge backlash at some point when the tv show gets past the books. I already think think they have made a number of errors with deciding to add extra story elements which aren't in the books while leaving other very important ones out. Season 5 will have to very Dorne/Iron Island based in order to correct this.

Posted on 11 Jun 2014 00:45:55 BDT
Andy. I've got Hemlock Grove on Blu-ray. Only watched the first two episodes but enjoying it so far. Not anything special so far, but it's fun enough and the cinematography is quite often amazing. Can't think of an alternative to AHS though, to be honest - love that show!

True Detective is amazing. Man, I can't wait to see what direction they go with a new story

Posted on 13 Jun 2014 13:53:56 BDT
hannibal series 1 was very very good and nicely different to anything else.

series 2 is stunning. my favourite show atm (and that includes game of thrones!!).

Posted on 13 Jun 2014 13:56:58 BDT
Not started Hannibal yet. Rewatching True Detective (which is amazing, McConaughey is fantastic in it) and finishing off Banshee series 2. Then it's a short wait til July 29th when Twin Peaks finally gets a Blu-Ray release, giving me yet another reason to re-watch it (along with David Lynch's entire film catalogue)

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2014 14:06:59 BDT
have you seen any of hannibal paul?

it's very stylish, beautifully shot, and has down-right some of the sickest ideas ever put to film.

it's not as grittily realistic as true detective, (ultimately not as good as true detective - possibly the best thing i've ever seen. tie between that and breaking bad) but it's just as twisty, a bit pacier and more gruesome.

like the classy sibling of banshee tbf.

so - no spoilers - but does banshee s.2 satisfy (being a huge fan of s.1)? coming to sky atlantic no specific date in july apparently.

Posted on 13 Jun 2014 14:11:19 BDT
Not seen any of Hannibal at all, bud. Does it follow the films or is it set before/after them? Will order it when I'm through with the ones I'm watching now (forgot I've got the entire House collection on BD arriving next week too)!

Banshee s2 has been great. Not quite up to the standards they set in the first series (which is probably the most criminally unknown show on TV ATM - can't believe they don't market it at all) but it's more of the same pretty much. Finished Top Of The Lake and The Returned last week. TOTL is beautifully shot and we'll-acted and TR is a creepy French mystery-drama that is awesome. Can't wait for s2 of that!!!

Posted on 13 Jun 2014 15:03:03 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jun 2014 15:04:17 BDT
hannibal says in the credits that it's based on red dragon, but it's not like either red dragon or manhunter. it's set (i believe) before red dragon.

it's will graham and hannibal working together and goes from there. awesome series.

good news about banshee. just read that s.2 starts on 7th july :D

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2014 15:11:55 BDT
Red Dragon set before Silence & Hannibal (film), isn't it? Love the books & Silence (not so much the other films) so interested to see how it sits in terms of tone

Looking forward to Wayward Pines next year, Hemlock Grove s2 and picking Fargo up again - a show I loved what I saw of but too busy work schedule to get properly into on TV

Posted on 26 Jun 2014 10:45:48 BDT
true blood series 7 (final series) at 9pm on FOX, and banshee series 2 at 10pm on sky atlantic, both on 7th july!

whoop :D

and hannibal just gets better and better/sicker and sicker :P

Posted on 26 Jun 2014 11:01:11 BDT
noticed last night that s.1-3 of falling skies has been added to sky boxsets on demand, and.....the complete sopranos is coming soon!

hopefully by the time i've worked through the sopranos, sky might add the wire too? fingers crossed :)

Posted on 26 Jun 2014 13:22:08 BDT
AndyBSG says:
Did anyone watch that 'Murdered By My Boyfriend' on BBC3 the other day?

Not my usual sort of program but the missus works with domestic abuse victims so we watched it on iPlayer last night. Very disturbing program but very well done.

Posted on 3 Jul 2014 12:42:40 BDT
started watching falling skies (season 1) last night. watched the first 2 eps.

it's good, but kinda cheesy. reminds me a lot of revolution tbh. i'll crack on tho - already rooting for them to find ben ;)

and the best thing on tv atm - hannibal. 2nd series just keeps producing the results.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jul 2014 13:06:26 BDT
G. Hanks says:
Hemlock Grove is ok, nothing spectacular. I found it feels to directionless at times and fails to establish characters worth caring about or investing in. It also tends to confuse too much which just left me lost for ages trying to pick up threads which nearly turned me off it.

Need to try American Horror Story again, wasn't too impressed with the first episode, just seemed to be random happenings with no real reason or direction. Kind of worried that it'll be a series of horror cliches that makes little sense just because they want to reference as many horror tropes as possible.

Finished watching Dead Like Me the other day, pleasant 2 seasons of character comedy/drama. Grimm is a reasonable action series, enjoyable and easy to watch. Currently on Breakout Kings which is entertaining enough and really being mostly worth it for the guy from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Posted on 3 Jul 2014 13:28:08 BDT
Bozz says:
I gave up on Falling Skies mid-way through the third series. Just didnt enjoy watching it. I am up to dat or near enough on most things I watch at the minute:

Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Arrow
Vikings
Almost Human

And some more no doubt, love them all

Posted on 3 Jul 2014 13:55:06 BDT
AndyBSG says:
I watched some of the first season of Falling Skies but thought it was very slow to get going so abandoned it. Been hearing from friends that it got a lot better in the second season though so may have to go back to it.

Also keep meaning to give Revolution and Defiance a try.

Only thing i'm really watching at the moment is season 3 of American Horror Story and season 2 of Following so need to find something to sink my teeth into until the new US TV season in Autumn(Can't wait for Flash after watching the pilot).

Anyone been watching Penny Dreadful and know if it's any good?

Shows i've got my eye on at the end of the year are

Allegiance
Aquarius
Constantine
Gotham
Flash
Marvel's Agent Carter
Public Morals
The Messengers
Scorpion
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D
The 100
Arrow
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  121
Total posts:  1058
Initial post:  5 Nov 2009
Latest post:  18 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions