Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Titanfall for 360 Delayed

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 101 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 15:57:23 GMT
I agreed right up until the last bit. Gran Turismo was pants, both visually and in terms of gameplay, Forza 3&4 destroy it in both aspects. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 15:57:39 GMT
Gran Turismo = not impressive to me, it looks great, looks even better than Forza, but the gameplay was far worse the physics no where near as good and the Damage model was just abandoned.

Never played any of the other PS games, but I had to see GT and compare it as I was a mad GT fan in the PS2 days. LOL

I fancy playing Uncharted and TLOU though, not so much God of War or Killzone? Need to get a loan of someones old PS3 and have a shot of these (NDog games) at some point, my mate just got a PS4, wonder if he still has his PS3 or he traded it?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 16:03:42 GMT
Nessy says:
"Yes, I think MS were caught out with the 8GB GDDR5 bombshell that Sony dropped on them."

I think this is in part true, one of the reasons WiiU has 2GB's of RAM is because there were several leaks that PS4 was only going to have 2GB's of RAM (4GB in the devkit). To announce 8GB's of GDDR5 RAM in the retail unit was beyond the wildest dreams of developers and fanboys alike.

It's also true though that MS would have had a build cost in mind and because they included Kinect 2.0, they had to take a potential $80 off that build cost so the GPU was the main component to suffer. I don't actually think the RAM difference is that big a deal tbh the sRAM is fast enough to run games at 1080p, it's the GPU power difference that will really come back to bite them when people are comparing multiplatform games, esp later in the gen.

I used to b e of the opinion that no one cares about the differences ect but in this new age of Twitter, Reddit, Youtube, Neogaf ect I think it may have a larger effect than before when people come to deciding what console to buy.

I have to say I'm utterly gobsmacked at the turn around with consumers though, PS4 is outselling XBO in almost every country they are both released in at a ratio of 2:1 or higher and Sony have still to release in one of their strongest regions... Japan. Even in the UK which was a very strong region for the 360 last gen XBO is being beaten handily in not only hardware but software sales of things like CoD and Fifa (a very good indication of where the more casual customers are going).

I guess the real test will come when both consoles have more games and are the same price but I'm still really surprised at PS4's dominance though. I thought XBOX would again utterly dominate the UK and US no matter what the price / spec differences.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 16:09:02 GMT
Nessy says:
GT5 and GT6 are stunning looking games imo (esp considering the hardware) but with regards to GT5's gameplay I hated it. Forza 3 and 4 were far, far better racing games for me although after putting in about 50 hours over those two Forza games I was really burned out on it.

@Cam

"I fancy playing Uncharted and TLOU though, not so much God of War or Killzone? Need to get a loan of someones old PS3 and have a shot of these (NDog games) at some point, my mate just got a PS4, wonder if he still has his PS3 or he traded it?"

I know you plan on getting an XBO but if you ever get a PS4 (or a Vita for the matter) in the future, PS Now will let you play the PS3 games you missed.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 16:14:34 GMT
"I don't actually think the RAM difference is that big a deal tbh the sRAM is fast enough to run games at 1080p"

I agree, but there will have to be cut backs some where, devs had managed upto 133gbps through put with the esRAM/DDR3 combo, which is still a good 39gbps short of the PS4s 172gbps. And with a GPU RAM speed is very important, especially for games like Skyrim or GTA, games with a large open world and unscripted gameplay, just look at AMDs triumphs and you'll see that their successes on PC are usually down to their much higher vRAM speed.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 16:17:32 GMT
I dont think I could ever afford Both Ness and the attarction of Clubs and thinsg with the 360 bioys si too much of a drawm, the only guys I know who are getting PS4's locally are COD ho bags, thats all they play. and |I wnat soem people to play Halo and Gears with as well as Clubs LOL.

so it's a chouice between the 2 and since I ahve an older LCD TV 40" and no need to rplace it anytime soon, its just not even a consideration for me, the only thing is how long I'll need to save before I get my Xbone.

Prior to the 360 I always had the Sony machine and the Nintendo machines for every previous Gen, but thats when I lived with my Mum and Dad and had loads fo disposable income and a flashy car.

Now I am old Papa Cam with kids and bills to pay.

I'd love it if I could get both, and I'd love to ahve an Xbone right now, but since I ahve to choose the extra power is just not enough to sway me.

The only games I think I want to try for PS3 are the Naughty Dog ones, but Id miss Halo (Thats my favourite right now), Forza, Gears and the Amazon club on FIFA too much I think?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 16:29:20 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Feb 2014 16:29:30 GMT
That's fair enough Cam , same reason I went Sony I couldn't live without my Naughty Dog and PS3 mates, well Naughty Dog at least ; )

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 16:33:48 GMT
noblood says:
"I don't actually think the RAM difference is that big a deal tbh the sRAM is fast enough to run games at 1080p"

The problem with the eSRAM is that it is not big enough at 32MB.

With 1080p hires textures that is going to get filled up really quick.

32MB eSRAM (running at a fast 200GB/sec) accounts for way less than 1% of XB1's available RAM.

Put that in perspective against the PS4, which has all 8GB running at 176GB/sec, and needs no memory management at all.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 16:35:34 GMT
"32MB eSRAM (running at a fast 200GB/sec)"

Its rated at 109gbps, but devs have managed a through put of 133gbps when combined with the DDR3. But as you said, this is still slower than the PS4s 176/172gbps.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 16:35:37 GMT
Nessy says:
Cam you will really enjoy the XBO, don't let us nerds put you off :p. You play with your mates on there, you love your Halo and you like Achievements so fair play to you. For me personally I was 50/50 going into this gen, I do love Naughty Dog but I was quite prepared to go Xbox again as my main system but they failed to match Sony on specs and price, it was as simple as that to me.

Although I'm routinely made fun of on here for my resolution / framerate talk :D, it really doesn't bother me when I'm actually gaming. I'm playing Batman Origins just now and it routinely drops to 22-24fps in the city while flying around. Is it annoying ?, yes but does it ruin the game for me ?, certainly not.

I've come to realise in the past year that graphics have hit a ceiling aswell in terms of character models and textures esp (of course lighting and effects can always be improved). I seriously would be happy with PS360 level graphics from now on if they ran at 1080p, a smooth framerate with improved effects like lighting, fire, explosions ect.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 16:37:38 GMT
noblood says:
@Will.

Bidirectionally, 200GB/sec.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 16:38:07 GMT
Yep. Pretty much sums it up - how I understand it anyway. Devs when bothered could get more out of the PS3 and we saw this in games like Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 where they were graphically the best out there. Shame it took lots of effort.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 16:40:50 GMT
"PS360 level graphics from now on if they ran at 1080p, a smooth framerate with improved effects like lighting, fire, explosions"

I think this is probably what the X1 and PS4 is likely to deliver. Look at Tomb Raider, it looks great on the PS4 and on the X1, games dont "need" to look any better.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 16:41:40 GMT
Well I would say one of the best looking games I've seen on 360 is Lego Marvel heroes, its so far beyond all the other Lego games its unreal.

and yet it has lego fire and water etc.

who cares, its amazingly detailed and there is so much to do my son has already put in over 40 hours worth since Xmas and he is still no where near to finishing all the secrets.

alas at Xmas I was his co-op buddy routinely, but now hed rather play with his mates or on his own, Dad must be too boring to game with,, I suppose i dont get the same level of excitemernt when a new super hero gets unlocked as his mates do LOL

But it's a classy game no doubt.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 16:45:49 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Feb 2014 16:47:03 GMT
Nessy says:
I think you know I can appreciate a different artstyle with my love of Nintendo :p. Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD and certain parts of Mario 3D World are just as impressive to me as Killzone SF or Ryse.

Ni No Kuni was an unbelievable looking game on PS3.

I like both realistic and highly stylised art styles tbh, keeps things fresh. Too much grey and brown gets boring ;).

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 16:49:41 GMT
noblood says:
"alas at Xmas I was his co-op buddy routinely, but now hed rather play with his mates or on his own, Dad must be too boring to game with,, I suppose i dont get the same level of excitemernt when a new super hero gets unlocked as his mates do LOL"

Hehe. This made me smile. I remember it well.
Although, more to do with me not being any good at fps.

Posted on 11 Feb 2014 08:21:00 GMT
Just incase anyone interested doesn't know , Vince Zampella at Respawn has commented that the beta will not be open and a registration will be required much like the alpha recently. Registration is not open just yet.

Posted on 12 Feb 2014 07:16:08 GMT
Registration for the beta is now open for PC & XBO.

Posted on 12 Feb 2014 23:04:56 GMT
http://www.titanfall.com/1/beta

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Feb 2014 09:21:01 GMT
RAB says:
"alas at Xmas I was his co-op buddy routinely, but now hed rather play with his mates or on his own, Dad must be too boring to game with,, I suppose i dont get the same level of excitemernt when a new super hero gets unlocked as his mates do LOL"

My GF and I played a lot of this over Christmas, we both loved it and loved unlocking new super heroes. She tended to stick with Iron Man and I liked using all the different versions of Spider Man. Really good game.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Feb 2014 09:26:48 GMT
Be careful though, playing Spiderman on a game is good, just not when you finished the business if you know what I mean...

SPIDER-MAN IN THE FACE..

Oh, you want me to leave??

Posted on 13 Feb 2014 09:28:21 GMT
I've been watching a lot of beta game play for Titanfall and I have to see it looks f'ing awesome. Probably a RD purchase for me on 360 - albeit all of the beta footage is XBO.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Feb 2014 10:49:46 GMT
XBO and PC ;)

Posted on 13 Feb 2014 11:48:02 GMT
noblood says:
360 = 720p
XB1 = 792p

792p is a strange number; it seems to me that it was chosen so that it could be more than 720p, and therefore 360.

Posted on 13 Feb 2014 11:48:08 GMT
Just downloading the Titanfall Beta now for PC.
FYI - it's 12.38Gb in size - so it's quite big.
23% downloaded.
Looking forward to giving it a bash...
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  22
Total posts:  101
Initial post:  6 Feb 2014
Latest post:  13 Feb 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions