Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Official Nintendo Wii U Thread Part 2.

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 29 Jul 2013 17:08:56 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Jul 2013 17:13:12 BDT
Savvy Shoper says:
hmm i hope places don't take it of the shelf's ! Asda whatever ! they never had stock in my asda since launch and they never had games for it on shelf's any time i was there. not even pre-owned ones.

Now where am i going to get my games from then in a hurry when i want them. please do not tank wiiU as i'm on my second one and do not fancy loosing money. lol

on a side note if anyone can help , I'm looking for pikmin 2 wii for £10 or less any ideas where i can find a copy.

cheers

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2013 17:28:32 BDT
Ness says:
There wasn't going to be a Pikmin 4 anyway as Pikmin 3 is Miyamotos' second last full game. He had a hard time persuading management to let him make Pikmin 3 aswell because the series doesn't sell well.

I couldn't care less how it sold tbh, it's quite possibly going to be my game of the year.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2013 17:29:20 BDT
Ness says:
It's pretty strange, my local Asda and Tesco haven't sold the console since launch anyway lol...

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2013 17:36:49 BDT
My local Game hasn't given much shelf space to the Wii-U from the launch day lol. And my local Asda had the Wii-U share shelf space with the Wii, Vita and 3DS ;). They only very recently gave the 3DS it's own shelving unit :P.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2013 17:45:43 BDT
Nick. says:
I care about sales because I feel good game creators deserve to be rewarded, but outside of that it doesn't bother me (when I want sequels I also care though).
How old is Miyamoto?

Posted on 29 Jul 2013 17:54:48 BDT
"How old is Miyamoto?"

Younger than Bauer ;).

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2013 17:57:30 BDT
Ness says:
Lol sorry that sounded rather blunt :p, I meant that as long as I'm enjoying a game then the sales have no impact upon that enjoyment.

With any WiiU game you have to take into account it's market share, there are probably much, much less than 100 000 WiiU consoles sold in the UK, I've seen a couple of sales guys on GAF claim it could be as low as 60 000. Pikmin 3 has apparently sold around 15 000 copies at retail and there would have been a few thousand people buying it on the Eshop to get 30% off Wonderful 101.

Let's say it sold 20k for arguments sake, that is a very good number for one of Nintendo's lesser known franchises and a large percentage of the UK install base bought it. It also only came second in the UK charts because Minecraft 360 was price cut to £12 everywhere.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2013 17:59:42 BDT
Ness says:

After his next game which is a brand new franchise he will move full time into his current part time role where he will oversee all of the development teams and make sure the games hit a certain standard.

I had no idea Pikmin 3 would be this good tbh, I only played parts of the other two but this is most certainly the best game on WiiU and I would go as far as saying it's one of the best Nintendo games ever.

Posted on 29 Jul 2013 18:57:24 BDT
The problem with these 'charts' is that they don't even factor in the online download sales. No doubt Pikmin's sales would look higher due to the online sales (boosted by the promotion) and Luigi would have charted weeks ago (and no doubt Earthbound would have too.)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2013 19:00:27 BDT
Ness says:
'To be fair' ;), the charts are only meant to report on retail sales and not online.

Oh yay my PMD is back !, it's been so long friend :D.

Posted on 29 Jul 2013 19:11:49 BDT
Matthew says:
I wouldn't worry about Asda not stocking the Wii U, the majority of people do their gaming shopping online anyway.

Posted on 29 Jul 2013 20:10:22 BDT
I buy most of my games from Amazon because it's cheaper and I don't even have to leave the house. Doesn't help that I hate GAME.

Am I part of the problem?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2013 20:22:33 BDT
Matthew says:
Dunno, but can't imagine a lot of game sales come from Supermarkets anyway. Perhaps for casual games maybe? My local Morrison for example has no Wii/DS/3DS/Wii U games on sale. Seems to be PS3/360/PC at the moment, and maybe its my imagination but a lot of the games don't actually sell, seen the same games on the shelves for ages now, the budget ones anyway lol

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2013 22:37:41 BDT
Nick. says:
I agree with the thing about sales, a game selling little doesn't change my view of it.

Even with digital I would expect it to beat Me, it's weeks old and even with the jump is doing far from huge numbers.

I would love to know digital percentages.

Posted on 29 Jul 2013 23:38:33 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Sep 2013 15:56:09 BDT
John morris says:
Same here Nick,I loved the Gamecube and it's games and back then I was pretty oblivious to sales figures,I now own a 3-DS and it sells like the proverbial "Hot cakes" but my opinion of it and it's games are no different.

Posted on 29 Jul 2013 23:40:49 BDT
John morris says:
N. McClure/

Added you to my 3-DS and Wii U friend list mate :)

Posted on 30 Jul 2013 00:08:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Jul 2013 00:09:04 BDT
John morris says:
I don't know if it's just me but when I enter a friend code on the 3-DS it asks for the persons name as well,I am sure this did not used to happen !

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jul 2013 07:02:52 BDT
You can give them any name you like when it asks for a name - I guess it is just a personal nick name kind of thing?

Posted on 30 Jul 2013 08:35:42 BDT
John morris says:
PSN:RobsonRudd XBL: Robson Rudd,

I am pretty sure it did not do that when I registered " Mr S. P. Land " and my sister,and that was only around a week ago.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jul 2013 08:47:07 BDT
I looked it up - if it does not pull the friends profile card through straight away you are asked to make up a name for a placeholder card in the meantime - so for me I must have been asked for a placeholder name.

If you are with the person you don't even need a code.

Posted on 30 Jul 2013 08:49:58 BDT
John morris says:
PSN:RobsonRudd XBL: Robson Rudd,

That sounds logical and I suppose on those other registrations they had already registered me so their names came through right away,one thing I like about the 3-DS friend code system is it's linked to your users Mii so you can pretty much edit your username anytime you want.

Posted on 30 Jul 2013 09:10:33 BDT
John morris says:
I know this is going to sound strange as I have had the game since last Thursday but I finally put some decent time into Pikmin 3 last night,I guess ordering a 3-DS with Mario kart 7,animal crossing and an awesome condition copy of Mario kart DS for £4.99 ( which still had it's unused club Nintendo star points card inside !!) was not such a good idea if I wanted to devote equal time to all the games.

I have got a bit of a Mario kart bug recently since Mario kart 8 was shown at E3,I had also sold my 3-DS recently and one of the reasons was I had left my Mario kart 7 cart in a London hotel room and never got it back,I had forgot just how good the handheld versions were and the DS/3-DS versions are just so playable and have some great new and retro tracks,the graphics on the DS are still pretty decent but are blown away by the 3-DS's visuals,I have been putting a lot of time into the time trials on Mario kart 7 and it's so addictive just shaving tiny bits off your lap times.

Back to Pikmin 3 the games visuals are just stunning and you have to play it on your T.V to fully appreciate it,the game takes quite a bit of getting used to if you are not used to the series but it's very easy once you have played for an hour or so,the initial part of the game is very good because there is no time limit imposed and let's you get used to things a little.

The games levels look so real and it's hard to stop just looking around when you know you have important tasks to complete within the time limit,but as the game let's you go back in time and complete any day again this gives you time to explore then plan your game better next time.

All in all this is an awesome game and I am sure it's going to get pretty tough in later levels.

Posted on 30 Jul 2013 09:21:41 BDT
Pikmin 3 compared to the other 2 is gorgeous and I have fallen in love with the game. I've only played a couple of hours and have reached day 5 so far.
I've played the game on the game pad which looks lovely and I've played the game on the TV using Wiimote which if I'm honest is by far the best option for this game.
The game gets pretty challenging fairly early into the game and I can already tell this is going to be a lot tougher than the previous installments.
I've had a look at the "bingo mode" and it's a shame it a multi player game, hopefully single plaer mode will be unlocked once story mode is completed.

Posted on 30 Jul 2013 11:23:15 BDT
John morris says:
Some pretty awesome Hi res screens for Sonic lost world.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/07/onm-releases-30-hi-res-sonic-lost-world-screenshots/

Posted on 30 Jul 2013 11:28:09 BDT
John morris says:
" Sega explains why Sonic Lost World is Nintendo exclusive

Sonic Team director Takashi Iizuka explains how Sonic Lost World became a Nintendo exclusive title.

Takashi Iizuka has been on a roll lately discussing Sonic Lost world. First he made mention of how he hopes the game will appeal to Mario fans, but now he has decided to reveal how Sonic Lost World became a Nintendo exclusive title. According to Iizuka, development for Sonic Lost World began on PC and was platform agnostic.

As they began fleshing out the game and its platforming elements, Nintendo revealed the Wii U and Sonic Team decided that the game would fit well on both the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U.

"The Wii U hadn't been revealed when development began for Sonic Lost World, so we were working on a PC version in order to see what kind of platformer we could make. Then, when we tried to think about which platform would be best for this game, we chose Nintendo."

It's interesting that the game wasn't announced before then, but it's likely Sega wanted a much shorter period between the announcement of the game and the release date in order to avoid situations like Aliens: Colonial marines "

It looks like this has been in development for quite a while which makes me far more confident than I would have been in the past.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Participants:  98
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  24 Jul 2013
Latest post:  28 Oct 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions