Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-99 of 99 posts in this discussion
Posted on 2 May 2012 08:05:13 BDT
I never felt the trilogy was too short, each game was enough and the pacing made it feel like a satisfying experience.

I hated the idea of MP in this game but from the video, it actually looks quite fun and im not gonna knock it till i try it.. i made that mistake with Mass Effect 3's MP :)

Posted on 2 May 2012 16:24:45 BDT
Trigger says:
I just want to note that the score in the GoW:A teaser trailer is trucking brilliant. I hope it becomes available to buy, because I want to download it and put it on my phone to listen at work.

Posted on 2 May 2012 17:00:36 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2012 20:44:40 BDT
Lots of interesting "Facts" on this thread lol!

I think GOW1 was one the best games ever, I even bought the collection and replayed it. Then played GOW2 as i missed it on PS2 as I flogged PS2 as it came out to get an Xbox 360.

So im sorry to say when I eventually got on to GOW3 I was bit God of War'd out and only played a bit and its just sat there ever since. I am going to re start it soon tho and im sure ill love it.

I doubt very much it will beat Uncharted 2 as the best PS3 exclusive IMO

Im very glad to see the series isnt over tho !

Posted on 2 May 2012 17:58:54 BDT
"So im sorry to say when I eventually got on to GOW3 I was bit God of War'd out and only played a bit and its just sat there ever since"

This - I finished the game but in my exitement to GOW3's release I played 1 and 2 (which were great) - so I did not fully appreciate 3 and don't feel ready for 4 yet.

MP does not sound great in GOW - but people said that Uncharted 2 should not have had MP and for me (and plenty of others) U2 was a sublime MP game. So I will reserve judgement for now.

Posted on 3 May 2012 08:21:38 BDT
Trigger says:
GoWII is the best in the series IMO - it has the best balance between puzzles, exploration, combat and boss battles. III was very good, but I was better. So far, I'd say Ghost of Sparta might be better than GoWIII as well, although Chains of Olympus is the weakest instalment (not to say that it isn't still very good!).

Posted on 3 May 2012 08:24:09 BDT
Trigger says:
Heh, one thing I did like about Chains of Olympus on PS3 though was that when you complete the first and only balance beam walk in Attica about ten minutes into the game, you get a trophy saying 'All balance beam walks completed'. Did make me laugh.

Posted on 3 May 2012 08:33:26 BDT
Ghost of Sparta is the only one I haven't tried, I wasn't blown away with chains of Olympus so I didn't bother.

Maybe I should get it on vita or the 2nd collection

Posted on 3 May 2012 08:34:18 BDT
RAB says:
I played Chains of Olympus on PSP when it first came out. Absolutely loved it.

Posted on 3 May 2012 08:38:55 BDT
I thought both Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus were brilliant on the PSP. - Fav games after MGS PeaceWalker.
TBH - I thought both the GOW titles on PSP were more fun than GOW3 on PS3. I have yet to play GOW1 & 2, but will get around to it soon.
GOW3 would not have left me wanting for a number 4 title but will pick up after reviews. Problem is with GOW, price takes a while to drop!!
Z

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2012 08:43:02 BDT
Trigger says:
D'oh - you've played them in completely the wrong order!

Posted on 3 May 2012 09:07:36 BDT
Trigger - I know, but what can you do. Had vouchers for GAME when GOW3 was released and was sucked in at the time....
Good series all the same!! Not putting down...personally, I loved Dantes Inferno, even though its often described as GOW Rip-off
Z

Posted on 3 May 2012 09:13:41 BDT
Id suggest buying the HD collection vol.2 for PS3 instead of going for the PSP versions. They have done a marvelous job of upgrading them, Ghost of Sparta looks better than GOW2 !

Posted on 3 May 2012 09:24:03 BDT
cheers Kai I will mate

Posted on 3 May 2012 09:31:37 BDT
I loved Dantes Inferno

+1

Ok so the graphics are not up to the standard of today, but i thought it was a fantastic game. Completed it last night to get the Plat....but missed one shade! Ah well certainley dont mind going through it again.

Posted on 3 May 2012 09:37:49 BDT
the graphics was one thing that dantes inferno got major praise for!

Posted on 3 May 2012 09:39:53 BDT
"the graphics was one thing that dantes inferno got major praise for!"

Don't see how imo it's very weak graphically, its the gameplay, story and scenes that does it for me.

Posted on 3 May 2012 09:58:44 BDT
i remember vividly when dantes..... came out that the general concencus was that the gameplay was generic, (complete GOW clone) the story was a cracking concept, but after the first few levels the focus/impact was lost and the last few levels especially were almost poor, but the graphics/animation and art design got huge praise.

Posted on 3 May 2012 10:10:50 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 May 2012 10:11:41 BDT
Yeah i thought the concept was awesome but the level design was poor. It was a missed opportunity as the story could have lead to some absolutely amazing environments, i just found quite alot of it uninspired. The scope of the story deserved better.

I also expected better form them as Dead Space was quality. I just wonder if it was rushed out before GOW3 and corners were cut

Posted on 3 May 2012 10:16:55 BDT
....well i like so meh...each to there own i guess lol

Posted on 3 May 2012 10:18:55 BDT
hehe fair enough, its not a bad game, i want to go back and complete it at some stage. I just wish they didnt have to compete with God of War and spent more time on it

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2012 11:19:04 BDT
I agree with you chris. I loved the game and plated it a while back.
Tbh - i enjoyed it more than Gow 3.
The camera was a little frustrating but other than that, all was good imo.
Would expect a dantes inferno 2 to be released.
Z

Posted on 3 May 2012 11:29:39 BDT
Trigger says:
I thought the visuals in Dante's Inferno were pretty poor for a big current-gen game (don't know if it used the same engine as Dead Space, but that has much better visuals), but on the other hand it did have a 60fps frame rate, which made it feel very smooth.

I didn't like it very much though. Too thematically similar to the GoW games, and just generally not as good.

Posted on 3 May 2012 11:35:20 BDT
I thought God of War Collection 1 looked better than Dante's Inferno, and those were just 2 upscaled PS2 games lol.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2012 12:04:48 BDT
Trigger says:
Probably down to the art style - the GoW games are very colourful and have their own distinct look and feel, whereas Dante's is more grey than your average military shooter.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  99
Initial post:  12 Apr 2012
Latest post:  3 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions