Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Battlefield 3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 851-875 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 14 May 2012 14:58:56 BDT
High ticket servers are fine if the games are even but if one team is being spawn camped then they are dreadful.

Posted on 14 May 2012 15:03:33 BDT
Myself, Pedro and Daytona got kicked 3/4 into a thousand ticket match on Caspian. I think it was because we were the top players in our team plus the rats clan tag made us obvious targets fot the kick.

I'm getting kicked all the time lately and reckon, recon+bolt action rifle+top of leaderboard = instakick

It's not even like I camp as I have an objective SPM thats top 5% in the overall BF3 leaderboards

In reply to an earlier post on 14 May 2012 15:30:42 BDT
R - Dual says:
"@R DICE have announced that they will be adding more of their own servers. "

I just wish they would add a filter option in the server browser to filter in-out official servers. Then I would be happy-ish. It won't happen though.

I miss the old BFBC2 days of just getting straight into a game with mates in the same squad and never getting kicked. [Sheds a tear of nostalgic sadness]. Unfortnuately I think rent-a-server is here to stay on console and will probably become even more widespread. BFBC3 will no doubt have R-A-S too. I'm not saying it's a total bad thing, but it's open to abuse and I've been at the end of that abuse several times just in one weekend :-(

Posted on 15 May 2012 08:25:42 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 May 2012 08:26:15 BDT
R - Dual says:
Unlocked the L85A2 assault rifle. It seems to be pretty good, once you get a red dot or holo on it. Been using the G3 over the past few days too (recently unlocked). Not bad but I find I sometimes lose a bit of accuracy with it. Looking for a go to gun.

Posted on 15 May 2012 08:29:28 BDT
R the M16A3 seems to be the most popular assault rifle at the moment. A bit of a go to gun if you ask me

Posted on 15 May 2012 08:31:45 BDT
AndyBSG says:
I think most people nowadays use the M16A3 as an all rounder. Good rate of fire, decent damage, reasonable range on it, etc.

Posted on 15 May 2012 08:32:42 BDT
MintFox says:
L85 is my 2nd favorate AR after the M16. I don't have a go to gun anymore since the patch. It was the M27 and F2000 but I feel very meh about them both now.

Posted on 15 May 2012 08:44:06 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 May 2012 08:44:20 BDT
R - Dual says:
Yea the M16A3 is popular but I'm not feeling the love for it. It's pretty good, best used on the bigger maps. M416 was kinda my go to gun after the patch. Though I've been experimenting and both the G3 and L85 do seem quite good - not sure if they are any better than the M416 though. Still looking:-) I find the AEK-971 is absolutely lethal on close quarters maps such as Operation Metro. It's nice to experiment anyways. And I've been forcing myself not to use the M26 Dart on the G3 - cos it is way too overpowered, and does feel like cheating but I had to see what all the fuss was about:-)

Anyone watch Shosho on youtube? He seems to favour the M4A1 is it? Don't think I've used that gun in ages. Might give that a whirl too soon.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012 09:03:16 BDT
MintFox says:
It feels like cheating because it is. It's a glitch.

If someone uses it on our server they get asked not to. If after they still do they get kicked.

What makes me laugh about it though is the amount of players on EA servers who use it and are terrible with it. I remember playing SDM with one guy who used nothing but the HB and dart and he was awful. Kept missing from close range and would be dead before he could pump another shell into the barrel. I though to myself he would be better of using a real gun. When a good player uses one though it's worse than the USAS and frag IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012 09:07:46 BDT
R - Dual says:
I used the M26 dart on the g3 for one game but since I've just been using the G3 standard and the L85. The dart is only overpowered on the G3 though isn't it? As it would be nice to use the mass or dart, on say the L85, as a back up for close quarters in the stair wells of operation metro.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012 09:09:42 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 May 2012 09:19:27 BDT
MintFox says:
It's only overpowered when you have the HB equipped with any gun with an underslung rail. If you have a flash suppressor or tact light or any other gun mod bar heavy barrel equipped it's normal powered.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012 09:13:46 BDT
R - Dual says:
Didn't know that. Thought it was just the G3. Nice to know anyway. Ta.

Posted on 15 May 2012 09:46:22 BDT
Had some good competative games yesterday. My favourite bit was playing Rush on operation metro, we were on the second set of objectives I got to the m-com in the room and waited for valleyboy to spawn on me as soon as he did he then quickly armed it. I hid in one of the booths still inside the room, 4 people quickly rushed in killing valley whilst I stayed hidden. I realised that I was unlikely to kill all four so I just popped out shooting the one disarming and quickly moved back into my hidding spot, it wasn't until the M-Com was destoryed that the other players noticed. Silencer FTW

Posted on 15 May 2012 11:44:06 BDT
Is it only the dart that's glitched. Is buckshot ok

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012 11:45:45 BDT
MintFox says:
any variation with Underslung and HB suffers from the glitch.

Posted on 15 May 2012 13:08:03 BDT
MajPanik says:
Just heard a rumour from a mate that DICE/EA and possibly going to put BF3 Official servers out of service at some point and run as only Rent-A-Server (Apparently affecting PS3 first and hardest).

Does anyone have any knowledge of this? I dont mind playing any server (even with their bizarre rules and kicks for no reason) but I'm not overly impressed at this, I feel it may cause quite a few people to jump ship if it happens.

Posted on 15 May 2012 13:10:26 BDT
MintFox says:
Still don't think it will happen. Just say that everyone stops renting servers from today on. What happens in 3 months time? No more BF3 MP? Surley that's going to put a big hole in their future DLC plans?

Posted on 15 May 2012 13:59:30 BDT
@Ian I imagine this will happen in about a years time by then EA/DICE wouldn't be recieving any significant about of money on new sales or dlc so they'll look to reduce their costs. I think it would be actually preferencial to EA just switching them off.

Posted on 15 May 2012 14:17:02 BDT
MajPanik says:
Hmm yeah I see, was the first I heard of it so thought I'd ask. Part of me wishes they could re-open BF2 on the PS2 with rent-a-server and I'd go back on that :)

Posted on 15 May 2012 15:41:54 BDT
I just hope they add a rate a server function and the ability to add comments. At least that would give you a way of avoiding the dodgy admins.

Posted on 15 May 2012 15:52:40 BDT
MajPanik says:
Agreed that's an excellent idea! My mate (sadly :( ) openly said the other day that he kicks people at his own pleasure, a little part of my respect for him died that day....... He's on xbox though so I wasn't that bothered :) I fear you'd then have the same a..holes abusing the rate-a-server option! You just cant win lol

Posted on 15 May 2012 15:58:07 BDT
That's true as the moaners usually outnumber the people who are quietly content. You could have a sort function in the server browser for "Least kicks", "Least bans" and "Most favourites".

Posted on 15 May 2012 16:52:49 BDT
The big problem with rating servers is that clans and groups would abuse the system also. I imagine our warning message asking to stop using the M26 Dart glitch would likely be replied with if you kick me I'll get lots of friends to downvote your server.

Being able to see friends favourite servers would be a step in the right direction.

Posted on 15 May 2012 21:35:40 BDT
MintFox says:
My list would be pretty small. Rats & dads. The rest of the time I just join you.

Posted on 16 May 2012 10:53:11 BDT
Astro, Is that the Dads Army server?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  75
Total posts:  1301
Initial post:  30 Jul 2010
Latest post:  28 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions