Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Official Amazon Football Thread - Second Leg

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 826-850 of 10000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 2 May 2012 15:54:00 BDT
Nessy says:
Who the F is this Hazzard guy lol !, the new Freddy Adu ? ;).

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 15:55:35 BDT
RAB says:
Have you been living under a rock or something Ness?*

He's a highly rated young Belgian who everyone expects will leave Lille in the summer for upwards of 40m.

*Easy with the Scotland jokes lads.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 15:56:53 BDT
Nessy says:
Lol ok, have never heard of him tbh, i don't really watch football anymore outside the Champions League, EPL and SPL.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 15:58:53 BDT
I'm sure it won't be 40m though, he's coming to the end of his contract I believe so maybe around 25m-30m ish.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 15:58:55 BDT
BALLYSEAGAL says:
never heard of Nazzard either

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 16:00:03 BDT
RAB says:
Neither do any of us, apart from Aamod maybe. Just that he's constantly in the papers batting his eyelids at all the big clubs. We've got a sweepstake on where he'll end up. All the likely ones are taken though. I've got Liverpool unfortunately.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 16:00:56 BDT
RAB says:
Good point Bri, but it's going to be a massive bidding war and Lille know that people want him so I wouldn't be surprised.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 16:05:50 BDT
Actually, I don't think it will be a massive bidding war, I mean when was the last time we seen one of those? You generally hear about one or two teams in for someone and usually everyone else thinks sod that. Plus you will get teams who are interested at a certain price who will be put-off by the chance of a bidding war. It just never happens.

Posted on 2 May 2012 16:06:50 BDT
RAB says:
S'pose you're right. But how much did Pastore go for? 25-30m? I'd say Hazard is worth more than that.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 16:09:56 BDT
Pastore is a genius though, now I know Hazard has a lot of quality and looks like he will go on to be a world beater, but Pastore is immense. So I wouldn't say Hazard is worth any more, imo.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 16:12:00 BDT
RAB says:
....Really? Because since he signed for PSG he's slipped well under the radar in my opinion. You never really hear anything about him.

Posted on 2 May 2012 16:17:56 BDT
Steve says:
Oh thank god Chelsea dodged that bullet,he has played very badly for PSG hence the reason thei interested in Hazard.

Posted on 2 May 2012 16:20:14 BDT
RAB says:
Pastore's got 11 goals and 5 assists. Hazard has 17 goals (second-most in the league) and 14 assists (most in the league).

Just saying.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 16:22:12 BDT
Yeah I know what you mean, I haven't really seen him for PSG but I saw him a few times when in Italy and he was exceptional, so i'm not sure if it's just a case of him not being flavour of the month in the press anymore or if his performance levels have dropped. It's easy for a player to have an 'iffy' season after moving clubs too to be fair, but his quality shouldn't be questioned for me. There's every chance that Hazard could move to the EPL and not settle right away and people will ask those same questions of him. All i'm saying is that at the point of Pastore being signed by PSG he was every bit as good as Hazard is now (or popular if you like) so for me their values are more or less the same.

Posted on 2 May 2012 16:23:21 BDT
Steve says:
The only problem with hazard apparently is his really bad attitude towards training and such and it has been said he enjoys a night out.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 16:24:31 BDT
What were Pastore's stats when he was signed by PSG?

Adam has 11 assists this season, around about 8th best in league, but I wouldn't say he's been a success lol

Your assists are only as good as your strikers ;)

Downing would have had about 15 assists this season if we could score goals lol

Posted on 2 May 2012 16:24:47 BDT
Steve says:
Brian our two clubs know all to well about players taking time to settle lol.

Posted on 2 May 2012 16:27:59 BDT
Steve says:
Brian his last season at Palermo was exactly the same as PSG this season. 11/5

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 16:45:34 BDT
So true Steve lol

Ah OK cheers Steve. I know he got Serie A young player of the year award in 2010.

Posted on 2 May 2012 16:52:59 BDT
This was anounced earlier,
Former Arsenal defender Sol Campbell announces retirement
After making his debut for Tottenham 20 years ago and featuring in six major tournaments, the ex-England man has made the "very dificult" decision to hang up his boots

I thought he had already retired

Posted on 2 May 2012 16:53:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2012 16:54:40 BDT
Steve says:
Funnily enough both scored last week in a match against each other. Lille won. 2-1

EDIT: so did I Si

Posted on 2 May 2012 16:56:23 BDT
Looks Like Hazard is a has'been makeway for the next top player...apparently

Better than Eden Hazard: Why Zidane was scouting 'extraordinary' Montpellier star Younes Belhanda
The Real Madrid director watched the Morocco international play a key role in Montpellier's 2-2 draw with Evian, and was still impressed despite the player's late dismissal

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 16:57:50 BDT
further to the campbell story;

"Despite his credentials, he has been without a club since being released by Newcastle at the end of last season and has admitted that he put his retirement off.

"It was a very, very difficult decision to come to because it's hard to let go, especially when you have been a top sportsman for a long, long time," Campbell told Sky Sports News.""

Posted on 2 May 2012 17:57:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2012 18:01:09 BDT
Ooo look at all this talk of Hazard. I think if Chelsea lose out on Champs league we can kiss him goodbye. City are prime targets possibly and it's believed he'll go for 30million or there abouts. I'll buy a shirt with his name on Chelsea if you get him, will that convince you to put a bid in? Pastore moved to PSG for about 37million. Chelsea weren't going to bid over 30 mil I heard. We got Mata instead for half the price. Nearly. I'm happy with that.

Like Si I thought Sol had retired last year :p

Surprised in those who haven't heard of Hazard, i've only been bleating on about him for the past year and a half. More so in the past year.

Have we done any predictions this week?!

Apparently Drogba is on the Graham Norton show this coming friday. Bet that will be interesting. Bit odd for a football player to be on a chat show?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 18:04:11 BDT
Think it was 37m Euros Dave, and around 15m of that went to the 3rd party who owned him, so Palmerm ended up with about 22m Euros, not bad considering they signed him for about 5m lol
Discussion locked

This discussion

Participants:  59
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  19 Apr 2012
Latest post:  29 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions