Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Off Topic - good TV shows

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 776-800 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 26 Mar 2012 10:39:51 BDT
RAB says:
So they've already finished filming on the first season... That's something I suppose.

The actual reason they've stopped is ridiculous though. The injury was absolutely nothing to do with the horse being used for a TV show, could have happened in any other situation.

Posted on 26 Mar 2012 14:04:05 BDT
Pity Luck got cancelled I was looking forward to watching it, probably won't bother now. Grimm is ok, it's good light entertainment to watch with my wife.

Posted on 2 Apr 2012 07:26:18 BDT
RAB says:
Bump.

Game of Thrones is back tonight!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2012 08:47:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Apr 2012 09:24:01 BDT
Trigger says:
***Slight Walking Dead spoilers***

Was the Governor that villain for about 3-4 comics who wanted to take over the prison? I thought he was awful; by far the worst thing about the series, although I haven't read past book 9 as my library are missing some volumes.

***End Spoiler***

Anyway, I'm not really watching anything at the moment, aside from the occasional episode or three of Arrested Development.

Finished series 4 of Being Human as well; I did enjoy it overall but considering the scale of events they're trying to depict it all feels a bit too low-rent -- I cannot believe that this council of senior vampires who are poised to wrest control from humanity would arrive in the UK and go straight to a little dockside warehouse in Barry, Wales. The overall series premise was pretty good, but there were a couple of duff episodes. I'll probably still watch series 5 though, assuming it gets made.

Posted on 2 Apr 2012 09:21:09 BDT
Donna Davies says:
family guy ,south park, american dad!!!!

Posted on 2 Apr 2012 09:25:45 BDT
Yeah, The Governor will be the villain for at least the entirety of season 3. AMC have altered or lengthened plots and character's lifespans in comparison to the graphic novels so its hard to tell how long he'll be around for on TV. A pretty dull story and location in season 3 if they follow the source material closely - I think the real points of interest will be the secondary characters outwith Rick's group

Wonder how long TWD will run for. I certainly hope they have an end date in mind. I wouldn't want it to outstay its welcome as eventually actors will get bored & the quality will drop, or God forbid it gets cancelled

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 01:57:43 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Apr 2012 01:58:13 BDT
Shame about Luck. I'm really enjoying it and it has some brilliant scripting, acting and probably the most beautiful photography/directing on television (not surprising since Michael Mann is involved).

I think animal cruelty is terrible and no piece of entertainment should be made if an animal is purposefully put in jeopardy (I don't think Luck does any of those things) but you have got to wonder about the activists's priorities around this. I mean millions of animals are slaughtered each year to go into burgers (i'm a vegetarian btw), dogs are "put down" who can't find homes, people still wear fur. the USA a country that has travelling "petting zoos" where animals are treated appallingly, and entire States that pride themselves on hunting ffs.

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 09:10:21 BDT
There's some room for some really decent episodes in Series 3 of TWD if they make the most out of the accompanying comics. I quite like prison setting as it always gave them a rather false hope. It will be interesting to see whether they mirror the comic's denoument of that setting.

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 20:07:57 BDT
Just saw the final episode of season 2 of Spartacus (vengeance) and what a climax to the show, the music went along perfectly and set the rhythm. Being the last episode you expect a few twists and turns and you're not disappointed. Thank god Game of Thrones has just started so I don't get to caught up in the withdrawls.

Posted on 4 Apr 2012 07:03:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Apr 2012 07:08:54 BDT
RAB says:
Liked the first episode of Game of Thrones, obviously it's setting up the new characters and storylines, only problem I've got is with Stannis' storyline at the moment. Don't think they've cast Stannis right, and they've completely got Davos wrong.

Loving season 5 of Mad Men.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2012 07:04:54 BDT
Prankster says:
I thought season 5 started off pretty well too. I didn't like how 4 ended though. I mean it suited Draper's character but I think they were trying to set him on a path of redemption. Also, the doc was pretty awesome!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2012 07:08:37 BDT
RAB says:
Yeah it was a funny ending, but I do think it suited him. It's what I love about the show, it's focussed on Don, but you can tell he's far from perfect.

How far in are you? Just wondering which doctor you're talking about (ie last season or this season)

Looking forward to the battles between Pete and Roger.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2012 07:50:27 BDT
Prankster says:
I just watched the season 5 premier. I guess another one aired this Sunday, right? I have to stream it and watch it since it doesn't air here in my country.

I meant the one from last season. Faye? She was cute and really nice. The secretary's nice too but I don't fancy her as much as the doc.

And yeah, that's shaping up well. I always like Roger Sterling's character. He probably has the best one-liners in the show. Especially in the first two seasons. Hilarious!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2012 07:52:39 BDT
RAB says:
Oh right. That doctor. Gotta say I prefer the secretary to be honest.

We've had three episodes so far, the first two were last Tuesday, as a double-header, and then another one last night.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2012 08:09:49 BDT
Prankster says:
Yeah, so I caught the double header since it was intended to be aired that way. And I will watch the new one today or tomorrow since it will be available to view online.

I bought the blu rays for Mad Men last Black Friday and saw all four seasons in one go in the past month. Very gripping show.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2012 08:27:07 BDT
RAB says:
Yeah, I watched the four of them in a fairly intense time-period. Absolutely love it.

Posted on 4 Apr 2012 12:50:13 BDT
I've been rewatching Firefly and crying. At the end of every episode I just turn and ask "Why? Why was this cancelled? And yet Sex and the city went on for SIX seasons! Desperate Housewives SEVEN seasons! 90210, The OC, One Tree Hill, Cougar Town, they should all be put down like rabid dogs they are.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2012 13:22:45 BDT
Trigger says:
Because the mass market is stupid.

I feel the same about Arrested Development (which I have been re-watching recently), but at least that went on for three seasons and all plotlines were comfortably resolved.

Unrelated, but has anyone seen that new Keifer Sutherland show Touch? I haven't, although it was on in the background last night and I noticed that Tim Kring has a senior role in it; i.e. the guy behind Heroes. I wondered if it might be worth getting into.

Posted on 4 Apr 2012 13:59:43 BDT
Mr K says:
I watched the first episode of Touch and it's very hard to judge the show. The central theme of the show is basically how a person can affect a lot of other people all over the world. And that peolple are connected. The Tim Kring influence is very evident as a lot of disparate characters all over the world are introduced (like Heroes, in the first few episodes) who you know will cross paths, etc...

Without spoilers the first episode did resolve the little numbers mystery it introduced. But at this stage I'm not sure whether it's gonna be stand alone episodes each week or a more episodic series. For me I thought it was very fantastical and had too many plot holes and coincidences. (but also enjoyable)

I'll watch a few more episodes to see what direction it's going plus 'Jack Bauer' is in and he's worth watching.

Posted on 4 Apr 2012 20:38:57 BDT
G. Hanks says:
"EDIT - Hanks, if you're into samurai anime, check out Moribito and House Of The Five Leaves. Two excellent series"

Finished Moribito a few weeks back. Not in the top leagues of favourite series but certainly very enjoyable, a good recommendation. Got House of the Five Leaves to watch soon. Finished Ergo Proxy a couple of weeks ago, one that you need to pay attention to as it skips around a lot and lets the viewer fill in the gaps. Great soundtrack (perhaps I'm just swayed by Radiohead's Paranoid Android in the credit roll) and generally a very enjoyable series if you're willing to pay close attention.

Now on Cowboy Bebop reanimated, never got around to it when it first came out and only bought the film recently. Very enjoyable.

Anyone seens Black Butler? Read a positive write up in a random impulse purchase of Neo (never bought it before.) Have the box set sitting in my list of series to watch. Oh, and Dexter season 5 is still to go. One for when I finish the Bebop (and Futurama season 5.)

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2012 20:53:09 BDT
Cerberus says:
"I've been rewatching Firefly and crying. At the end of every episode I just turn and ask "Why? Why was this cancelled? "

Sheldon Cooper said blame Rupert Murdoch as he owns Fox and Fox cancelled it.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2012 21:56:19 BDT
Anyone watched Community? Firefly fans will love this reference. Cracked me right up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24d4wDFDeqU&feature=player_embedded

Seems entire of Hollywood has a love for it as references are here there and everywhere. Castle is full of them but you'd expect that with Fillion.

May give Touch a go, although thinking of saving it for when the winter/spring show season ends to keep me occupied during summer.

Game of Thrones I enjoyed, Joffrey I just wanna smack in the face with a mace. I've never been a fan of Lena Headey since the Terminator Series. Peter Dinklage makes the show for me though, well, apart from Roxanne McKee's appearances as well as Emilia Clarke.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2012 22:03:50 BDT
Dave I prefer this Firefly reference on Castle!! LMAO when I watched it, and now I own that gun!!! :D
http://youtu.be/3x5H40HgtNs

Posted on 4 Apr 2012 22:13:42 BDT
G. Hanks says:
"Anyone watched Community? Firefly fans will love this reference. Cracked me right up"

Yes! Community is awesome! Loved the paintball episode :-) Waiting for season 2 to reach these shores on DVD.

Posted on 4 Apr 2012 22:47:45 BDT
Hanks you'll love Season 2 then if you like the paintball episode :) I won't spoil anything for you. It's a shame it's been benched as it's one of the funniest shows on there, definitely more so than Cougar Town and possibly more than Big Bang Theory.

The Firefly references in Castle come by the dozen but that is the best one by far :) Can't believe you spent your money on a replica gun when you could have come to brum instead, you muppet Stew.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  124
Total posts:  1111
Initial post:  5 Nov 2009
Latest post:  6 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions