Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Off Topic - good TV shows

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 726-750 of 992 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 2 Feb 2012 20:13:07 GMT
nephran says:
It's probubblies got a small audience window and so less advertizeing revenue..Thems not recooperating thems money through advertizing so thems gonna cancel its..

Posted on 3 Feb 2012 16:47:13 GMT
Trigger says:
Watched a couple of episodes of Arrested Development the other day. I was actually reading through some topics on the Eurogamer forum, and in a topic about AD tons of people had written quotes, and I was literally crying with laughter reading over them, which made me want to watch it properly.

"Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. Sick of playing second fiddle. Always third in line for everything. Tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over."

Posted on 3 Feb 2012 16:52:06 GMT
AndyBSG says:
Anyone seen that Alcatraz yet?

Saw that it aired in the US a couple of weeks ago but heard nothing about it

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2012 21:09:13 GMT
nephran says:
Probubblies find its somewhere on youtube thems AndyBSG

Posted on 4 Feb 2012 14:37:45 GMT
Fringe definitely looks expensive particularly if you have watched the latest episode. I was about to go on a rant but then it's a fair point that the series has done well to get this far. It's a shame such brilliant shows aren't watched by many, is this because advertising is more focused on trashy reality shows? What has the world come to :( Smallville must have had a massive budget but it was always viewed by many. And Nikita would be a shame if it's cancelled as it's fantastic. With massive shows such as Smallville, Lost, 24 and Heroes gone where are there replacements? I thought Fringe and Nikita were worthy replacements and with Supernatural probably ending this season we're running out of sci fi :( Oh and not to mention Chuck's gone now as well.

Gah!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2012 16:17:29 GMT
nephran says:
Meses thinks sci-fi is being replaced by ridiculous horror numptyness...All thems vampire programmes and lost girl and american horror story and grimm and Bedlam...Maybe sanctuary will thems survive..It is indeed a sad time for thems sci-fi,But thems americans like moralistic soft sci-fi like star trek and that god awfuls Andromeda..

Posted on 5 Feb 2012 19:19:34 GMT
I'd like to see intelligent sci-fi. I'm not sure what that is, but it would be nice to watch a sci-fi program that puts emphasis on the science bit. All the science fiction writing I've read the authors always deal with the genre intelligently, I suppose I want to see that on tv. My guess is that I'm not going to be seeing it soon however. A lot of BBC money must be spent on Dr Who these days, and stuff like Great Expectations, why can't the section of the public who wants interesting and innovative sci-fi also be catered for? I don't want to go off on a rant but I pay my tv licencing fee and Sky subscription and if Sky didn't give me anything I wanted I'd cancel it. And other than BBC4 (love the documentaries on that channel) I barely touch the other BBC channels.

Posted on 6 Feb 2012 21:16:51 GMT
nephran says:
Grim gets it's british tv premiere on 13th feb on alibi...Looks like a more adult Supernatural..EH..OH..

Posted on 6 Feb 2012 21:21:38 GMT
P. M. Birt says:
Breaking Bad

Posted on 14 Feb 2012 00:25:28 GMT
nephran says:
Tonight meses watched thems first episode of GRIMM..It's like a big ol' semi-scarey faerytale type thing..Great surround sound on its..Meses jumps all over thems place..Meses poor thems Heart!!

Posted on 14 Feb 2012 01:06:21 GMT
Grimm's pretty decent, not as good as Supernatural of course but it's a good watch none the less.

Started watching something called 'The Almighty Johnsons' which is a New Zealand based series about brothers who are Norse Gods. Quite a funny watch.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Feb 2012 01:21:11 GMT
nephran says:
Thems Dave have seen a show called hit and miss?

Posted on 14 Feb 2012 16:38:56 GMT
Cerberus says:
Ordered Sons of Anarchy seasons 1-3 Blu-ray from here for 29.97

Sons of Anarchy - Season 1-3 [Blu-ray]

Posted on 18 Feb 2012 01:32:35 GMT
nephran says:
Hello everybody...Alcatraz makes its debut on Watch March 13th..

Posted on 18 Feb 2012 01:51:38 GMT
I have a few episodes of Alcatraz i'm yet to watch.

I've been watching, well, i've watched the first season of The Almighty Johnsons this week. Not sure what to make of it at first as it looks like an australian soap. You do get into it though and it's not a bad show. Pretty good if you're into your Norse Mythology. The show follows a student named Axl Johnson, who on his 21st birthday discovers his family members are reincarnated Norse gods. The only problem is, they don't have full control of their powers and it is up to Axl (the reincarnation of Odin) to restore them and ensure the family's survival by finding the reincarnation of Odin's wife, Frigg. Matters are complicated by the presence of four antagonistic Norse goddesses who are trying to find Frigg before the Johnsons do to prevent the restoration of the gods' powers. Moreover, the Johnsons and the band of goddess rivals aren't the only Norse deities living in exile in New Zealand.

Posted on 18 Feb 2012 06:30:52 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Feb 2012 09:33:41 GMT
I watched the first Alcatraz and thought JJ abrams doing 'Lost 2' - too much for me i'm afraid.

I just bought seasons 1 - 3 of Californication for 15 squid here. Hoping it's good. Anyone seen it ?

Posted on 19 Feb 2012 23:58:01 GMT
nephran says:
Anybody seen TOUCH yet with Keifer Sutherland..

Posted on 20 Feb 2012 08:36:15 GMT
Trigger says:
Anyone watching the new series of Being Human?

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Feb 2012 09:21:57 GMT
I watched a good 3 or 4 episodes of Sons Of Anarchy and it didn't impress me i'm afraid. I know it gets highly reviewed but a lot of Amazon reviews seem to be overly positive. I tried Mrs Browns boys off the back of so many good reviews and hated it. Watched teh first Californication last night and i reckon it's going to be really good.

So far my essentials would be....

1) The Soprano's joint 1st with
1) Breaking Bad
2) Dexter
3) Battlestar Galactica (the remake)
4) 24
5) Mad dogs

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 11:44:39 GMT
Never seen Mad Dogs or Breaking bad, but otherwise a great list. Gonna try & get a hold of Sons Of Anarchy at some point - I know loads of people love it so I'll check it out

My fave 10 non-anime series would be...

10) Frasier
9) The Sopranos
8) Kingdom Hospital
7) Fringe
6) LOST
5) Californication
4) Dexter
3) Deadwood
2) The X Files
1) Twin Peaks

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 11:49:09 GMT
Trigger says:
No particular order:

Father Ted
Arrested Development
Life On Mars
Firefly
Being Human (although it's on the slide after an excellent first two series)
Misfits
Twin Peaks (highs and lows, but was brilliant overall)

And probably a few others which slip my mind right now. I need to watch Breaking Bad, as it's on Netflix.

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 11:52:55 GMT
Trigger says:
PS - Paul, do you have Netflix? Are there any good animes on there I should watch? I've seen a few films although haven't generally invested a lot of attention in the medium. Wouldn't mind giving something like Neo Genesis Evangelion a watch, but I'm pretty certain that's not on there.

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 12:03:11 GMT
Not got Netflix, mate. My internet is too slow for me to bother streaming or downloading lol. Is there any way of seeing what anime is available on the service without being a member?

Fullmetal Alchemist (either the original or Brotherhood) is a damn fine series, Ghost In The Shell : Stand Alone Complex, Cowboy Bebop, Paranoia Agent, Death Note, Gungrave, etc. Would really need Netflix listings to be more specificfor you though

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 12:23:56 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Feb 2012 12:26:41 GMT
For those of you that have not seen Breaking Bad, you really should. It's little known this side of the pond. To say i put it joint 1st with The Soprano's is pretty much the highest praise i can give it. To say that i watched it with Mrs Bentos who said it was better makes it unmissable. Season 1 is dirt cheap here too. It ends abruptly due to the writers strike but you will be hooked by then and ordering season 2......

Breaking Bad: Season 1 [DVD] [2008] [2009]

Trivial fact as an edit. It is created by Vince Gilligan who was the main man behid The X files.

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 12:43:20 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Feb 2012 12:45:13 GMT
Netflix hasn't got a great range of Anime. I think it's got Ghost in the Shell: SAC but not much else as good as Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, Boogiepop Phantom, Paranoia Agent, let alone Neon Genesis. Shame really. There's a section for animation so maybe they'll start to include more. But it might be a buying the Rights issue so maybe not. Even if they got some of the old series like Fist of the North Star it would be nice.

Has anyone seen Bleach?

I agree with both Mr and Mrs Bentos, Breaking Bad is very good.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa638d4ec)

This discussion

Participants:  117
Total posts:  992
Initial post:  5 Nov 2009
Latest post:  17 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions