Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Battlefield 3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 726-750 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 23 Apr 2012 09:04:07 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Apr 2012 11:40:48 BDT
... says:
Some good games over the weekend.

The best laugh had to be on Metro when it was Rob, MMM and I on one team and Brizz, BigRed and Humphrey on the other. We had all bases and our team were spawn camping at C within 5 minutes of the start so rather than join in Rob and I had a foot race from C around the flag of A and back again. On the way back between B and C I actually ran straight past big red but didn't stop to shoot him as it would've slowed me down, Red must have thought I was blind as he turned around and started chasing me for tags. Luckily MMM was on hand to shoot him, lost the race to Rob but won the next one against Rob and MMM before joining in with the spawn camping through boredum.

It's funny how everybody moans about spawn camping but the moment they have a chance to do it they are pushed as far up into the enemy spawn as possible. We have had a clan called ReD on our server frequently and haven't split them even when we have been split to different teams ourselves. They were quite happy to spawn camp Rob and I when it was us V's The RATS and them but when they got it back over the weekend they all quit out and sent messages.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 10:23:51 BDT
I actually tagged Red when he was after you which made it sweeter!

I personally enjoyed our 2 v 2 on Metro where the Monkey's destroyed the Ape and Ric forcing Rob to rage quit and pretend his PS3 froze!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 10:28:30 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Apr 2012 10:34:41 BDT
... says:
That was great but we don't talk about that............

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 10:37:20 BDT
Yeah i was gutted with that. Saw you run past and thought "I'm having those tags" only to be tagged by MMM. Same happened when I was after Rob too. Just caught up with him ready to hit knife only to be tagged by another monkey who i can only assume had spawned on him!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 10:38:44 BDT
No we don't talk about that! I prefer to talk about the 2v2 on Metro when Daytona was playing. I think he was 1-20 and i had Astro's tags a few times.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 10:41:29 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Apr 2012 10:43:40 BDT
... says:
I enjoyed our shoot out on Sharqi Red. We must have missed each other with 3 full clips each.

I waited for you taking cover to reload before jumping down from the roof and running round your flank to tag you. Lucky I moved as I got shot by Tim from the rooftop I was occuying seconds earlier just after tagging you.

EDIT: Daytona did alright. He died in the right places so I was able to flank you both and deliver death before reviving him. He's a team player.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 10:50:18 BDT
Yeah that was good, i hid to reload and get health so i stayed a sew seconds longer than i should have. As soon as i moved out to find you again and noticed the rooftop was empty i said to Brizz that you were probably behind me, when, at that exact point you tagged me! Standing around stupidity FTW!

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 10:56:30 BDT
MrMcBobb says:
BF3 is always more fun when you're trying to stab your mates. I have my best mates tags 2 times he doesn't have mine at all :)

Shame about douche admins now though. Player owned servers just kick you if you get a decent KD. I got kicked for shooting the admin out of a Little Bird twice. Once with the M416 and once with the M320. He wasn't a happy bunny. Shame, it was a decent server.

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 10:40:14 BDT
AndyBSG says:
Had a bit of a noob moment in BF3 last night when after god knows how many hours of play I discovered for the first time that the MAV can destroy spawn beacons, claymores, etc.

Also, have now come to the conclusion that Tank + CITV + Wake Island = Complete death and carnage for anyone foolish enough to get in a jet and chopper. Went a whole round on there last night with three of us in a tank and we didn't get killed once while we just destroyed all the enemy air support.

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 06:56:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Apr 2012 06:58:31 BDT
Really enjoyed last nights BF3, my favourite game was when after capturing all the bases and the rest of our team spawn camping we decided to all switch to the op, I moved 5 of us across and 2 the other way to keep numbers equal (some on the op had quit). The 300 point deficit looked like it might be hard going but we soon managed to capture 2 bases and wasn't too much longer until we had them all. We had started on the other side at 330vs650 but ended up winning by 200 points.

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 07:47:33 BDT
That was pretty special and goes to show that it's not over til it's over!

Posted on 28 Apr 2012 01:05:08 BDT
Dela says:
Had some cracking games tonight, mainly on Caspian and Bazaar... Hit Rank 40...

Posted on 30 Apr 2012 12:48:28 BDT
AndyBSG says:
Managed to squeeze in a fair bit of time on BF3 this weekend which saw me max Support and Assault leaving me with just Recon to go. Also maxed tank, picked up 3 new medals and only need two very easy to get ribbons to have all of them.

Went on one server where the admin kicked everyone with a higher score than him just before the match ended, presumably to gurantee he got MVP and Ace Squad.

Got frustrated at and swore a lot at jets that made no attempt to even shoot my chopper down and just rammed me every time I got airborne. DICE really need to sort this out.

Highlight of the weekend for me though was getting some poor blighters tags 4 times in exactly the same spot. Was on Bazaar just as you come out of the home spawn point at the Market end. There's a guided missile turret at the side of the road and above it is a little balcony where this Sniper was camping and shooting anyone trying to take C. I ran up tagged him and he then returned there for me to tag him a further 3 times. No idea what he was thinking but he didn't even put a motion sensor down and one of my squad mates put C4 down and got him three times at the same spot as well.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2012 05:58:44 BDT
Carl Jones says:
Theres nothing to sort out its realism ? what you want the jet to do bounce of you lol :) if a Jet crashes into a copter its going to explode get a grip

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2012 08:30:06 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 May 2012 08:33:22 BDT
... says:
The big thing they need in the next patch is when you take your photo in the ticket booth on Metro that it saves to battlelog. You could take photo's in BFBC1 and link them to your account. I thought that was a great idea. So why can't they save any photos of you and your mates in the ticket booth to battlelog?

Apart from that, sorting out the HB/Dart/mass glitch, fixing crouch so you can actually tell for sure if someone is T-bagging you or not in the killcam and giving a little buff for the 870 in my opinion the game is running pretty close to perfect ATM.

Posted on 1 May 2012 08:38:14 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 May 2012 08:38:30 BDT
Anyone think the M26 dart is a little overpowered? Seems like the new USAS go to glitch completely unbalanced weapon.

Posted on 1 May 2012 08:47:17 BDT
+1 for buffing the 870.

I am currently going for the service star and it's a bit to random. I seen me missing from 5m when the target is dead on target. I think a few more pellets are need in each shell to make up for the random spread

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2012 08:50:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 May 2012 08:52:36 BDT
R, it's definitely glitched. Seems to be every dart has the same characteristics as a G3A3 bullet when you combine the G3A3+M26 Dart+ Heavy Barrel.

It's a well known problem

Its warning and boot from the Rats server

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2012 08:52:43 BDT
It won't be patched though until Close Quarters I guess, if at all. I haven't unlocked the G3A3 yet. Still one CO-OP mission to do.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2012 08:53:10 BDT
AndyBSG says:
"Theres nothing to sort out its realism "

How is it realism that a jet hitting a chopper at speed leaves the chopper as a burning wreck while the jet flies away unharmed?

Posted on 1 May 2012 09:05:55 BDT
... says:
They will patch it when they get around to it is anyones guess though.

Posted on 1 May 2012 09:09:15 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 May 2012 09:13:39 BDT
@R M26 with underrail is glitched it was supposed to benefit from the attachment when using the underrail so for example hip firing would be improved if using the laser sight, however it has adjusted the damage of each pellet to match the main gun also.

"Its warning and boot from the Rats server" John
I'm suprised how well this generally works, had two people using it a couple of days ago both were sent messages, one kept using it and was kicked. He rejoined and they both carried on playing but now without using it, hurrah.

Posted on 1 May 2012 09:10:34 BDT
"however it has adjusted the damage of each pellet to match the main gun also. "

That is one hell of a glitch lol.

Posted on 1 May 2012 09:28:56 BDT
AndyBSG says:
I agree that the game is pretty well balanced at the moment, certainly in terms of 'on the ground' weapons and vehicles I think it's spot on with the exception of the Dart which is a bug rather than a balancing issue.

I think there are still some issues with jets and choppers though.

- Countermeasures against jet's are a real problem because when a jet get's in lock on range of a chopper by the time it actually locks on it is right on top of the chopper so there's nothing the chopper pilot can do because they're so close when they can actually fire that the flares are useless 90% of the time. For me the solution would be to let the jets get lock on at a greater range but also reduce the minimum range so although it locks on earlier they have to fire earlier which gives the chopper some time to evade.

- Ground troops need some way of taking down jets. A coordinated group of players on foot can completely neutralise choppers with Javelins and SOFLAM's or tanks and CITV and I think choppers are very balanced in this respect but there are almost no effective countermeasures against jets other than other jets. Not a problem in general play but if you get pushed back to your base the jets can control the airspace which lets the choppers base rape to their hearts content. I think the AA turrets need some major buffing to stop this happening.

- Already mentioned my hatred of ramming jets. IMO mid air collisions should always result in both vehicles destroyed and count as suicides for both players. The problem is jets often survive and get credited with points for killing the chopper so it's just a cheap and easy tactic for them. I'd like to see the return of losing points for suicides from BFBC which would also stop jet pilots from doing this. If they were getting -100 points and a spell in the respawn screen everytime they rammed a chopper they'd soon stop it.

- Not sure about the scout choppers. I seem to really struggle actually getting kills in them on ground targets compared to with the attack choppers but that may just be because I don't have many unlocks on them as I only really get to fly one on rare occasions on Nose Hair Canal. Does seem like it's a bit too easy for ground troops to kill the passengers though?

Posted on 1 May 2012 09:51:31 BDT
O Evans says:
Can you play a map against 'bots' as was possible in BF2 or is it only possible against online players?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  75
Total posts:  1301
Initial post:  30 Jul 2010
Latest post:  28 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions