Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Kojima on 25 Years of Metal Gear: "My Biggest Failure" ???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-66 of 66 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 30 Mar 2012 11:55:59 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Fair enough Andy. I agree with Wayne on alot of things he has said on other threads. It's a pity we have misaligned views on this thread.

Just wish he had played 'all' of the MGS's before saying they were getting worse. That's my niggle.

Never mind.

Posted on 30 Mar 2012 12:00:22 BDT
Trigger says:
There's only one way to settle this: with a Quake III deathmatch!

Posted on 30 Mar 2012 12:07:44 BDT
Hubbard says:
"Jack, what day is it today?"

"Jack, do you remember the day today?"

"Jack, have you remembered yet?"

"It's ok Jack, I'll keep trying..."

STFU Bxtch.

Posted on 30 Mar 2012 12:39:41 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Ah, Hubbard you ol'romantic you. ;-)

Yeah, those conversations sound like something from Cbeebies.

Posted on 30 Mar 2012 13:22:32 BDT
LOL .. Hubbs

My Boss goes mad if my Mrs rings up with something urgent like the flats on Fire.... old Colonel Trautman or what ever his name is one undestanding boss !

Posted on 30 Mar 2012 14:27:26 BDT
TS says:
Bauer - I agree, I think MGS4 was the worst of the lot (except for MGO, that was fantastic and majorly overlooked imo), though it did have some excellent gameplay sections in it. The cut scenes were unnecessary though.

I initially hated MGS2 as well, courtesy of that nonsense ending. I never actually finished it because it got so utter nonsense and then I was fighting a boss in New York with large protracting arms...? It got too much, I turned it off and hated it.

In hindsight I actually quite liked MGS2, there were a lot of good things about it - but with the ending, Raiden and tricking people into thinking you're playing as Snake, it was like Kojima was insulting his fans on purpose.

As for Rising: Revengeance. I don't care for it. Don't get me wrong, I like Platinum Games, I think what they do is very good in that particular (if increasingly niche) market, but I don't want to play an MGS game that is about high-speed combos. I'll wait for MGS5.

Posted on 30 Mar 2012 19:05:29 BDT
Solar Fox says:
I agree with most of what you posted Timmy. Potracting arms? Have you been watching 'Inspector Gadget?' ;-)

It was an add on, back pack with robotic tentacles, that fired rockets. Not silly at all. :-P

As for MG Rising Revengeance, well the leaked trailer did it no favours. I'm hoping Platinum Games can make some changes to enhance what's already on offer in the trailer. I'm not wetting myself over MGRR, but I will definitely be keeping my eye on it.

It may be a -20 purchase like 'Binary Domain'.

I did read your previous post btw. I did mean to a acknowledge it, but the moment escaped me.

I know I keep banging on about it, but give MGS3 a try if you havn't already.
I bang on about it, because it is apparent that many gamers have never even played it. Apart from..

Bauer
Trigger
DG_O
Robson Rudd
Matthew
Balli Curious Orange

Which I find really sad, as it is a highly rated, yet overlooked game. Instead we all criticise MGS2 & MGS4 to bits. Me included.

MGS5 will be next gen, using Kojima's new 'Fox' engine. Also there is a US partnership, so let's hope they tell Kojima to shorten the cutscenes and limit the Jap craziness. MGS5 is going to function in a totally new way compared to previous MGS's so let's hope it does the series justice and brings it up to everybody's expectations and beyond.

Posted on 30 Mar 2012 20:05:41 BDT
Sir Rodders says:
I played the MGS3 demo.I

Posted on 31 Mar 2012 10:20:36 BDT
TS says:
Me? I've played MGS3. I really liked it, though I got a bit bored of constantly having to swap camp. That was something the Octocamo really improved on.

Some of the boss fights in MGS3 were outstanding and the story was much better than MGS2. I really liked the Ape Escape addition too, a nice extra little mode that really worked with the system.

Posted on 31 Mar 2012 11:27:15 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Nice to hear Timmy. :-)

I actually enjoyed messing around with the camo system. MGS3, does have a fantastically, paced story, and some cleverly, designed gameplay.

The feeling of being on a top secret, stealth mission in the jungle is totally realised and captured, with so much attention to details.

Infiltrating enemy camps and confronting unique, enemy assassins has never been so much fun.

The monkey mini game, was Kojima's crazy, sense of humour coming through. A funny little game in itself. Unfortunately, it wasn't added to the HD version of MGS3. Although I wouldn't say you are missing much, that you couldn't get on Ape Escape.

Mental screeching monkeys. Grrr...

Posted on 31 Mar 2012 16:54:10 BDT
DaveOz says:
I can't stop laughing at this. BTW it's a picture and it's safe so no need to worry about you're clicking.

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/thischarmingsir/20200727490/1/tumblr_m1pcgc7WRN1qawa6c

Posted on 31 Mar 2012 17:42:19 BDT
Wayne says:
If anyone's interested retro gamer magazine have a decent '25 years of metal gear' article this month. It's interesting to learn more about metal gears roots from the old nes games up till the recent entries. Worth a read for fans.

Posted on 31 Mar 2012 18:28:40 BDT
I'll read it if u play MGS3 Wayne : )

Posted on 31 Mar 2012 19:35:20 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Thanks Wayne. Sounds like a great read for a sunday afternoon. I will have a look for it tomorrow. :-)

Buy yourself, the 'Metal Gear Solid HD Collection' mate. It's a quality collection, every gamer should have, and quite possibly, the best HD collection out there. Lots of extras are included, like Snake Tales, VR missions, Metal Gear 1 & 2, and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker has co-op and mp online features.

It's a Solid package. ;-)

Posted on 31 Mar 2012 21:55:57 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Nice picture DG_O. Where can i buy a copy? ;)

Apparently, an internet rumour has it that, if you complete MGS4 in less than 1hr 39mins, you get to see all the Beauty's naked on the next playthrough!! Recently, Bauer has decided MGS4 isn't so bad after all. Hmm..? ;)

Posted on 31 Mar 2012 21:57:38 BDT
DaveOz says:
"Nice picture DG_O. Where can i buy a copy? ;)"

Ask the nice Oriental lad down the market. "You wanna buy DVD?"
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  66
Initial post:  28 Mar 2012
Latest post:  31 Mar 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions