Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

New arrivals this E3???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 134 posts in this discussion
Posted on 6 Feb 2013 12:23:17 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2013 12:24:11 GMT
Zombie dont get my hopes up about res evil mate, it will never come back because it is now trying to get the dudebro gamers (thats right cod players sorry if you dont like it but its true). They said res 6 was about going back to roots as well, then slowly but surely it turned out to be generic shooter 66 and a half (res evil is just a good memory made by excellent people up until 4 then it died and will never come back).

I hate cod, not trying to be cooland i think it does have a negative affect because the money men follow the smell of all the money activision are making. Its sucessful and lets not get ahead of ourselves its not the best game in the world is it? but if you like it good for you, but to suggest the market as not been saturated with military shooters is wrong even if there is a lot of variety all i can say is thank god for guys like level 5 and rockstar who make other types of games.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 14:45:04 GMT
Well put Lee. There are far more versions of Modern Shooter than just COD, BF and MOH. AND Medal of Honor was around BEFORE COD. Theres loads of devs making indentikit versions of COD and 99% of them suck. Yes COD is the best at what it does, but what it does was done back in 2007, theres no need to keep doing it. It also adds a negative stereotype to gamers in the eyes of people who dont know the hobby. The amount of people that ask me if I play COD when I say that I play on the PS3 and PC is rediculous, they dont realise that there is some really amazing games out there that do more than just allow you to shoot someone half way around the world in the face and tea bag their corpse.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 15:09:56 GMT
MF says:
so your point is that because you care what other people think of gamers , they should stop making cod ?
There is obviously a need to keep the cod franchise going - the clue is in the number of people that buy the game , jeez why so many cod haters out there ? ( ps im not saying your a cod hater before you start :-) )

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 15:25:17 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2013 15:28:20 GMT
Equinox80 says:
"jeez why so many cod haters out there ?"

People think they can gain some sort of kudos with fellow gamers on forums such as this with their 'unique' anti COD view points. A lot of the arguments made are utter rubbish such as COD creates clones because of the money it generates. Medal of Honor hasn't exactly taken the roof off with sales figures so that argument becomes null and void.

The sales figures of COD justify why new iterations are made. Unfortunately whilst ever COD sells in the numbers it does, people will peddle the usual elitist, sanctimonious tripe.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 15:33:18 GMT
MF says:
must be us folk from sheffield that just speak sense ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 15:35:15 GMT
Equinox80 says:
Especially those from the blue and white side :)

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 15:37:25 GMT
There no need to keep doing it?? Surely that's what its all about. Personally I've looking forward to ANOTHER Mario/Zelda, ANOTHER Bioshock, ANOTHER Fifa, ANOTHER Halo. Chuck in some new IP's - Beyond, The Last of Us - and I'm a happy man.

. "It also adds a negative stereotype to gamers in the eyes of people who dont know the hobby. The amount of people that ask me if I play COD when I say that I play on the PS3 and PC is rediculous, they dont realise that there is some really amazing games out there that do more than just allow you to shoot someone half way around the world in the face and tea bag their corpse."

This is the snobbery I was talking about earlier. Why is that such a problem?? Another gamer asking you if you play one of the most popular games? FFS man up. It's a brave new world out there and the success of COD has introduced millions of new gamers. These guys may start of on COD but they'll sure realise there are other games out there to be played. The more the merrier I say.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 15:37:52 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2013 15:39:22 GMT
I have an idea, if you don't like COD don't buy it, move on with your life. I never liked Guitar Hero, I put it away and didn't think about it again. There's plenty of games for you to enjoy. Statements like this confuse me: "The modern shooter games are ten to the dozen and are boring now!" Of course because there's loads of them and they're all clones. Of course Spec Ops is like Crysis is like Black Ops 2. It's just cut and paste, isn't it? Er NO. I genuinely thought we'd moved past this redundant thinking. But I think Dave hit the nail on the head when he said some people just can't deal with it that lots people like a game they don't. It is snobbism when you sneer down on something you deem rubbish.

"because the money men follow the smell of all the money"

Last year the biggest games were:
COD- BO2
FIFA
AC3
Halo 4
Hitman
Just Dance
FC3
Skyrim
Borderlands 2
Mass Effect
Lego Batman
Need For Speed.

How many "modern" military shooters in there: ZERO. How many anything like COD: One (And that's COD)

But anyway carry on fixating and pointing your finger at COD and say it's damaging gaming. The rest of us will just enjoy playing it and then move onto the masses of other non military shooters out there.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 15:42:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2013 15:45:14 GMT
You know what. I made a slightly back handed joke about them stopping the continued production of COD. I was just saying that I'm not snobbish about not liking COD because I have owned every COD game from COD, all the way up to Black Ops. It just dawned on me after Black Ops that they are just peddling the same old rubbish year in year out now. The Cod, United offensive, Big Red One, COD2, COD3 and COD 4 were all fantastic games, but once people started playing COD 4 online they completely forgot about creativity and just started peddling the same old rubbish for online play with 4 hour laclustre single player bolted on. But even the online is getting rubbish, look at COD3, it had vehicles, massive open maps, objectives. Now its just TDM on tiny maps and one hit kill knives from 10 feet.

EDIT -

"Another gamer asking you if you play one of the most popular games?"

I never said another gamer. People instantly assume that if you play games you must play COD and play online like all the other 12 year old yanks. Well guess what! I dont! I play more cerebral games with a coherant story, actual likeable characters and a sense of meaning behind it.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 15:48:43 GMT
Equinox80 says:
"People instantly assume that if you play games you must play COD and play online like all the other 12 year old yanks."

So what? How often does that happen to you? A minor irritation at most.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 15:49:19 GMT
MF says:
Good for you eh .

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 16:20:32 GMT
Well it does not matter what any of us say whether you like it or not (like me), its not going anywhere it will be here for years and years.

I dont mind being called out for not liking it because i dont, but even the cod diehards have to admit it does spawn a lot of copy cat games.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 16:23:20 GMT
Equinox80 says:
"but even the cod diehards have to admit it does spawn a lot of copy cat games."

Such as? What has come out in the last 12 months that's a copy cat game?

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 16:27:02 GMT
"its not going anywhere it will be here for years and years"

You say that. Tony Hawks (the game not the man) pretty much died along with the PS1, the PS2 versions dwindled quickly. The COD success will end at somepoint, once the next big thing arrives people will jump ship and start buying that instead.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 16:35:42 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2013 16:39:58 GMT
Black ops 2
Black ops declassified
medal of honour warfighter
Ghost recon
counter strike- global offensive (im not sure if this as had a uk release)
Modern warfare 3(Was this late 2011? i think it might be)

Plus then we have the map packs, dlc, skins etc that are constantly being pushed on psn etc.
Im sure there are a few more, just cannot get them off the top of my head right now this second.

EDIT - if we are talking about fps games this list is obviously going to get a lot bigger, i have just kept to the military based ones that i can think of.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 16:36:36 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2013 16:37:56 GMT
MF says:
"You say that. Tony Hawks (the game not the man) pretty much died along with the PS1, the PS2 versions dwindled quickly. The COD success will end at somepoint, once the next big thing arrives people will jump ship and start buying that instead. "

no they wont --- never been anything like cod in terms of constant online support.
Cod will continue as is and the ones that get bored of it will be replaced by the younger generations coming through.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 16:38:00 GMT
I have to agree, its a monster franchise and its here to stay dudebro gaming at its finest.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 16:43:03 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2013 16:44:53 GMT
Lee 3 of them are Call Of Duty games (two in consecutive years and one a Vita game lol). Ghost Recon is cover based third person shooter set in the future. The fact you've used Counter Strike makes me laugh. So really that makes one. I think you don't actually know anything about FPS. It doesn't matter if you don't.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 16:45:33 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2013 16:47:23 GMT
Equinox80 says:
Three of your list ARE COD games. That doesn't make any sense.
Ghost Recon is absolutely nothing like COD
MoH is a Battlefield clone if anything
Counter Strike I haven't played so can't comment on that particular one.

The list you've produced just shows what rubbish you are taking especially where you've stated that Black Ops 2 is like Black Ops Declassified. Of course it is, DeClassified is a watered down version of 2 for the Vita.

"if we are talking about fps games this list is obviously going to get a lot bigger, i have just kept to the military based ones that i can think of."

But that's the point. It's only military FPS's you could list to back up your argument or are you now generalising and saying every FPS that comes out now is because of COD. You can't list something like Borderlands 2 and say that's a COD clone. Your arguments are not based at all in fact and are quite self contradictory.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 16:45:55 GMT
Just had a check at the 10 most anticipated fps's of 2013 this is just 10 of them not all of them and 7 are military shooters.

http://gamingbolt.com/10-first-person-shooters-to-look-forward-to-in-2013?cfield=media10&descp=desc10&next=11

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 16:49:02 GMT
Equinox80 says:
I can't read the link at work.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 16:49:13 GMT
Did not know that ghost recon was 3rd person sorry, but declassified is not blops 2 that is a fact its released on a different system so its a different game in my opinion.

MOH is a military shooter so is cod, counter strike has been released just not here yet it was due to be released in december but for some reason did not.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 16:51:28 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2013 16:51:54 GMT
Equinox80 says:
"MOH is a military shooter so is cod"

And that's where your argument loses all credibility.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 16:51:43 GMT
Bozz says:
You cant really count COD games as COD clones surely?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 16:52:35 GMT
Equinox80 says:
You wouldn't have thought so would you.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  35
Total posts:  134
Initial post:  4 Feb 2013
Latest post:  16 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions