Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Binary Domain

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 381 posts in this discussion
Posted on 8 Feb 2012 10:13:16 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Feb 2012 10:13:28 GMT
Trigger says:
Right, seeing as Zon deleted my last post, I will re-post this edited one:

"I'm only doing this to wind Tel up. ;-) The pompus old twazek. He does like to make his own self importance recognised on this forum dosen't he. Like an old head master from school.."

Oh, [get lost] you idiot. I was only pointing out that robots are *not* original despite your repeated assertions to the contrary. They've featured in plenty of games, but according to you because they're more central in BD that makes it original. It's like me arguing that the use of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse is original in Darksiders because they've not been in many games. Clearly [nonsense].

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 14:04:05 GMT
humanoid robots? robots in disguise? hello transformers!

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 14:17:10 GMT
Solar Fox says:
Er? Human looking robots as the main story in a VG? ;-)

Terminator accepted.

(somersaults backwards onto a platform and draws his high frequency blade..)

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 14:18:54 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Feb 2012 14:19:28 GMT
RAB says:
You strike me as the type of person that would try and get the Guiness World Record for most people on a single bicycle whilst it's raining on any given Tuesday the 29th of February.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Feb 2012 14:45:29 GMT
That sounds like a challenge!!!! :D

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Feb 2012 14:48:45 GMT
the 29th feb this year is a wednesday :)

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 14:51:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Feb 2012 14:55:11 GMT
Solar Fox says:
I don't really care tbh RAB. Enjoy your bike ride in the rain, on any given tuesday on the 29th Feb. :-D

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Feb 2012 14:57:20 GMT
RAB says:
Oh, but I had 50 people ready and willing! Anyone know when it's a Tuesday next?

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 15:13:31 GMT
Hi I'm here for the sexy party, I've brought my..........

Oooops sorry wrong room.........*backs out quietly*

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 15:20:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Feb 2012 15:21:04 GMT
sexy party?? pedro's wife? where?????????

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 15:24:32 GMT
Ollie we're in the Amazon Debate thread. ;)

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 15:30:52 GMT
I need a map. I keep getting lost.

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 15:33:28 GMT
Well you already missed the Biscuit orgy, but here's the place:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_rvt_np?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxJDNP8ZT4910I&cdPage=3&cdThread=Tx11J1LIYH1A5A3#CustomerDiscussionsNew

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 17:12:38 GMT
Cerberus says:
Multiplayer footage trailer makes the engine look quite dated and reminds me of metal gear online for some reason =(

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 21:37:27 GMT
Can somebody confirm the team who made yakuza are doing this or am i wrong?

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 22:45:15 GMT
djburty says:
"Er? Human looking robots as the main story in a VG?"

phantasy star games have done it for years - as i may have mentioned :)

btw there's a BD trailer on the PS Store for MP gameplay - looks fairly standard - not necessarily a bad thing.

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 22:50:43 GMT
Cerberus says:
Their was a Blade Runner game on pc too lol

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 22:59:14 GMT
Solar Fox says:
Dj Burty, you wil get detention from Tel? You read his earlier post? You are playing with fire now. ;-)

Yeah, I saw that trailer, and surprise - I like the look of it. Yeah, I did see you mention Phantasy Star. Sorry I didn't acknowledge it, but i've never played it. I have played Star Ocean - Til The End Of Time on Ps2. I really enjoyed that. :-)

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 23:16:26 GMT
Cerberus says:
Binary Domain is by Ryu ga Gotoku Studio
Yakuza 3 and 4 were by Amusement Vision Ltd or CS1 Team

Some of the staff are the same but I think they are all under the SEGA umbrella again and not independent studios.

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 23:30:00 GMT
Ok cause that would be make or break for me in a purchase like this, if they were the yakuza guys this would be pre-order right now.

But its not so i will hold fire.

Posted on 9 Feb 2012 00:58:32 GMT
Solar Fox says:
I have a feelin' this wil be good Lee. And alot better than what some people's perceptions are of it. I would probably buy when it drops to, around the £20 mark though. Ive seen many trailers on this game so I am in anticipation of it, but i'm still being slightly reserved until a demo becomes available or I experience the gameplay.

Posted on 9 Feb 2012 01:04:38 GMT
Cerberus says:
I think there is a demo on the JPN store but they've not given the west one yet.

Posted on 9 Feb 2012 01:42:21 GMT
Ok that sounds good will download that from jpn store then see what its like.

I was thinking around the £20 mark, especially with vita out this month.

Posted on 9 Feb 2012 10:24:02 GMT
djburty says:
"I have a feelin' this wil be good Lee. And alot better than what some people's perceptions are of it."
the higher your expectations the more likely you'll be disappointed :) i thought brink sounded ace - but was pretty ordinary in actuality.

i may get BD when it drops in price; if i thought a game was likely to be new & innovative & fun then i would support the devs by paying full-price.

Posted on 10 Feb 2012 00:02:39 GMT
"the higher your expectations the more likely you'll be disappointed :) i thought brink sounded ace - but was pretty ordinary in actuality.

i may get BD when it drops in price; if i thought a game was likely to be new & innovative & fun then i would support the devs by paying full-price."

I was really looking forward to Brink, if it had been ordinary I wouldn't have minded so much. I thought it was complete pants. But I'll probably get BD as a rental or when it drops significantly in price (and it will). There's just too many games out in the next few months that look waaaaaay better. So maybe in the usual summer drought I'll circle back for BD.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  32
Total posts:  381
Initial post:  31 Dec 2011
Latest post:  27 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions