Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Official Amazon General Football Thread

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 17 Nov 2011 16:32:20 GMT
lol Ryan, I honestly don't know, i've been shaving my head for the last 10+ years. I can't remember how weird it felt the first time.

Posted on 17 Nov 2011 16:33:14 GMT
RAB wait till you try and take the hat off you will wear to keep your head warm when you go out, it's the velcro effect mate, also makes removing a jumper a much more entertaining task.

Posted on 17 Nov 2011 17:29:40 GMT
LOL, best wear a beanie or get a bandanna ryan. ;)
Heard nothing from Dave yet, i've got the image of him crying into handfuls of his cut hair in my head!!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2011 18:05:32 GMT
RAB says:
After getting home I put on a Man United top and a beanie and you're spot on with the velcro effect. Gonna take some getting used to this...

Posted on 17 Nov 2011 19:10:43 GMT
"Heard nothing from Dave yet, i've got the image of him crying into handfuls of his cut hair in my head!! "

Funny you should say that mate you should see one of the pictures we've taken. It's exactly that!

I only have my skiing hat and it's not really cold enough for that just yet. When I was outside though I didn't really notice any difference.

I have a massive issue of keeping my hair primmed. As it's a mohican when it starts growing it will look shocking so i've got to keep it up, and then when I want to grow it back i've got to shave my mohawk down to match the hair.

Ryan you look good with no hair, keep it that way! :p I've been nicknamed McTavish already by those who have seen me. Stew's sticking with Stripe though, I guess I am a little gremlin at heart. Anyone got my predictions from the other day or am i going to have to do it again?

Posted on 17 Nov 2011 19:18:08 GMT
You'll have to do your predictions again Stripe, I did because I couldn't remember mine!!!
But the fresh start it gives me a chance to recreate the Jelly wrestling. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2011 20:10:41 GMT
RAB says:
Heh, cheers mate. I am warming to it but I'd still prefer to have long hair. Get some pics up though you slag!

To be honest I didn't even realise you'd done any predictions yesterday. I did mine again this morning though.

Just watching the reserves vs Wigan. 1-0 at the minute, brilliant goal from Ravel Morrison. 40-yard through ball from Darron Gibson, Morrison charges it into the box and then suddenly pivots and lashes it into the net. Pogba had a freekick Ronaldo would have been proud of that was only kept out by an outstanding save from the Wigan keeper. And as I type this Morrison's just scored another goal, a couple of intricate passes at the edge of the box, Morrison pretty much passed it through a Wigan defender's legs and it trickled into the net, keeper rooted to the spot.

Jelly wrestling is and will forever remain FTW.

Posted on 17 Nov 2011 20:16:38 GMT
Yes, my second greatest contribution to the forum "Jelly Wrestling" is coming back!!!
I won't stand by and watch amazon destroy all we've created, so i'll do my best to remember the rules and the fighters. Any disputes between us, or if there's a draw in the prediction scores then it goes to jelly wrestling.
You each choose your champion and have them wrestle for your honour. ;)

Posted on 17 Nov 2011 20:18:50 GMT
RAB says:
Johann Cruyff's grandson has just come on.

For Wigan.

Posted on 17 Nov 2011 20:20:22 GMT
RAB says:
3-0. Davide Petrucci, a really impressive Italian kid we've got.

Posted on 17 Nov 2011 20:27:28 GMT
Watching Children in Need Rocks. All I've gotta say about it is... I f*cking hate celebrities preaching people to donate money.

That is all.

Oh and Tulisa off Ndubz is RED HOT! Soo chavvy but there's somin' about her that tingles the old penis.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2011 20:28:39 GMT
RAB says:
"Oh and Tulisa off Ndubz is RED HOT! Soo chavvy but there's somin' about her that tingles the old penis."

THIS.

Posted on 17 Nov 2011 20:28:54 GMT
And Jelly Wrestling +1 to being FTW!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2011 20:29:34 GMT
Im glad you think so too.

Posted on 17 Nov 2011 20:44:33 GMT
RAB says:
Picture of shaved head is now up on my profile.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2011 20:55:46 GMT
Lol! Fairplay. You did a proper job.

Posted on 17 Nov 2011 22:02:57 GMT
Steve says:
Well hello folks,nice thread. Ryan quick question is the swtor thread gone aswell. I needed to get the name of the guild yo lot swapped to.

Posted on 17 Nov 2011 22:56:57 GMT
RAB says:
The thread's gone, can't remember the name of the guild now either. Sorry mate. Might be worth searching a couple of names on the site.

Posted on 17 Nov 2011 23:09:16 GMT
Just to let you know I received a reply from Amazon on the forum:

"Dear David,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk and we appreciate your feedback on moderating the Video Games forum, I will personally make sure this feedback gets passed along to the team concerned with improving our Communities features. I'm very sorry for any concerns caused by recent events within the forum.

I understand your feelings on the community and how the banning of several users can impact the community. However, due to our strict customer confidentiality and account security policy, we are unable to discuss any actions taken on their posts with anyone but the poster. With regards to the influx of new users complaining about the late deliveries, we will look into their posts and take any actions necessary. Also, please don't hesitate to let us know if there are any disruptive posts that you feel should be deleted. We would be glad to look into them for you.

Keep in mind we only remove posts that violate our posted guidelines, here's a link to the guidelines for reference:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/forum/content/db-guidelines.html

I hope this helps. Thank you for being a part of the Amazon.co.uk community.

Joel M"

Hopefully pics will be up tonight boys. My sisters boyfriend took the photos and is uploading them. I tried with my camera but it's just blurry so didn't think there was much point.

Posted on 17 Nov 2011 23:16:42 GMT
Norwich 1-2 Arsenal
Everton 1-1 Wolves
Man City 3-1 Newcastle
Stoke 1-1 QPR
Sunderland 2-1 Fulham
West Brom 2-3 Bolton
Wigan 0-1 Blackburn
Swansea 1-3 Man United
Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool
Tottenham 3-1 Aston Villa

Posted on 18 Nov 2011 08:18:10 GMT
RAB says:
Anyone see the story about the Irish fan who dressed himself up in an Estonia tracksuit and a clipboard and blagged his way to the Estonia dugout to watch the game at the Aviva because he couldn't get a ticket? Brilliant!

Posted on 18 Nov 2011 08:50:59 GMT
Steve says:
Yep a ladfrom cork, he was then pictured celebrating with the Irish team in his Estonian tracksuit.

Posted on 18 Nov 2011 08:53:17 GMT
Haha classic! Fair play to the guy!

Posted on 18 Nov 2011 08:54:39 GMT
Steve says:
Norwich 1-arsenal 1
Everton 2-wolves 0
Man city 2-Newcastle 1
Stoke 1-QPR 0
Sunderland 2-fulham 2
West brom 2-Bolton 2
Wigan 0 -Blackburn 0
Swansea 1-man utd 2
Chelsea 1-liverfool 1
Tottenham 2-villa 1

Posted on 18 Nov 2011 09:39:15 GMT
AndyBSG says:
Blatter really is a moron and a relic who should have gone ages ago.

Sad thing is that even if he does go it'll only be Platini who takes his place and he's nothing but Blatter's puppet anyway so things'll be no different
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  54
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  17 Nov 2011
Latest post:  19 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions