Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The 'Metal Gear Solid' Thread - Moderated By 'The Patriots'

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 2951 posts in this discussion
Posted on 14 May 2012 22:48:27 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Yep, that's the one Robson. Just a reminder of what's expected at E3 next month. I'm really curious as to what's going to be revealed..

Dreams..

[ METAL.. GEAR.. SOLID.. 1.. REMAKE ]
[ METAL.. GEAR.. SOLID.. 5... WITH... MULTIPLAYER... THAT I CAN ACCESS.... WITHIN A DAY..]
[ METAL.. GEAR.. STRIP CLUB.. OF ALL PREVIOUS FEMALE STARS... OF METAL GEARS... (AHEM)

In reply to an earlier post on 14 May 2012 23:39:39 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 May 2012 23:39:55 BDT
Ness 1886 says:
Anyone remember the MGS countdown to E3 where it was a storm, turned out to be the Raiden game.

Seriously it's nothing to do with Wii U, Kojima has publicly said he won't be working on the system and if he was to it would have to be a 'special case' (ie not a mainline MGS game).

I think it could finally be a MGS 5 trailer, running on 'unknown hardware' which will turn out to be PS4 / 720.

Posted on 14 May 2012 23:51:41 BDT
Balli says:
"Anyone remember the MGS countdown to E3 where it was a storm, turned out to be the Raiden game."

And it was for Peace Walker ;)

He's made games for other Nintendo consoles...what's so wrong with the Wii U? :D Apart from it's middle name being "On"...think about it...get it...laugh :D

Posted on 15 May 2012 00:01:46 BDT
Solar Fox says:
"Seriously it's nothing to do with Wii U, Kojima has publicly said he won't be working on the system and if he was to it would have to be a 'special case' (ie not a mainline MGS game)."

Kojima says alot of things, then sometimes does the opposite. Like i said before the 'Fox' engine is more than capable of multi-platform now. A first for Kojima Productions, so you just never know. Kojima may like to cover all bases and make the most of his new engine.

Balli's finally made it to the new thread. "Age hasn't slowed you down abit.." ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012 00:20:46 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 May 2012 00:23:02 BDT
Ness 1886 says:
Really, could have sworn it was for Vengence.

The main problem for Kojima working on Wii U is it's power, he loves power ! ;-), i read in an interview once that MGS 4 was only one tenth of how good he wanted it to look (Sony told him PS3 was much more powerful that it turned out to be).

Wii U's GPU is around 500 gigaFLOPs of grunt, PS3's is 400 and that isn't counting the massive help the Cell CPU provides it.

The Wii U also has to use a lot of power to run the 480p tablet pad so at the end of the day its not much, if any more powerful than a PS3 (it does have 2 GB of Ram tho).

All in all i don't think he will be interested in scalling down his New MGS 5 Fox engine for it to run on Nintendo's new console.

Was Snake Eater the last MGS game on a Nintendo console ?, if so it was only because it was more powerful than the PS2.

If he is making a new IP using Fox Engne then that might appear on Wii U but i really doubt MGS 5 will be on it as the PS4 / 720 are ment to be 8 - 10 times more powerful than PS360.

Posted on 15 May 2012 00:35:34 BDT
Solar Fox says:
'Snake Eater 3D' remastered, was the only game that i know of, that has been on a Nintendo Console recently, and is probably the last MGS to be on the Nintendo format. You could still have PeaceWalker, although that would be like handing over the leftovers of this gen.

I take your point though Ness. It's a shame the Wii U can't get abit of the Metal Gear action. Maybe a new IP from Kojima for the Wii U in future.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012 00:51:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 May 2012 00:54:01 BDT
Ness 1886 says:
Im not bothered tbh as i will be playing MGS 5 on my PS4 :p, the Wii U will be for me an exclusives only console.

I didn't mean Snake Eater, i was talking about Twin Snakes, my bad :p. Forgot about the 3DS version tho and i will continue to try and forget, played the demo and it was NOT good lol...

Posted on 15 May 2012 00:58:23 BDT
Solar Fox says:
"I didn't mean Snake Eater, i was talking about Twin Snakes, my bad :p. Forgot about the 3DS version tho and i will continue to try and forget, played the demo and it was NOT good lol..."

I've heard mixed opinions on SE3D. Is it really that bad?

MGS5 on the PS4, (sighs). What a beautiful thought. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012 01:08:03 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 May 2012 01:08:15 BDT
Ness 1886 says:
Put it this way, you have to control the camera using the four main face buttons, it looks jaggy as hell and the framerate is not stable ...

The 3D effect is the only decent thing but as i've said before regarding the 3DS it's not 3D imo, more like slight depth perception :p.

Stick a post in here for me if you see the MGS HD collection for under 20 would you, cheers, i still haven't played past the first hour of MGS3 :O.

Posted on 15 May 2012 01:19:01 BDT
Nessy i got the hd collection special edition on a site that starts with z today for 35 apparently there are only 8000 of them with t-shirt, artbook and steel case definately worth a pop at that price.

Posted on 15 May 2012 01:30:04 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Will do Ness. MGS2 looks amazing on the HD Collection. MGS3 only looks marginally better than it's Ps2 original, but the immersive, gameplay more than makes up for it.

MGS Peace Walker is jam packed with gameplay and stuff to do. Online mp and co-op for longevity. PW looks the cleanest of the 3 visually. All great games though, and don't forget your VR Missions, Snake Tales etc, on MGS2. The original 80's Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2 on MGS3.

With trophy support and high quality, production values you have an awesome, collection of games that should remain in your games collection forever.

There you go. Buy it now before the world ends! I should work for Kojima Productions really shouldn't i. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012 01:34:29 BDT
Solar Fox says:
I'll be taking a look at that tomorrow Lee. That Ltd Edition, definitely sounds like a keeper to me. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted on 15 May 2012 09:07:28 BDT
Yeah Kojima was pretty down on the PS3 hardware at the time MGS4 came out - I think he was defensive about the load times in particular. Konami had a pre-release embargo on both load times and cut scene length being mentioned in reviews so shortly after Koj was on the back foot a bit.

Funny playing the game now the load times are not really an issue (never really were for me as I had been a PC gamer so installation was just a normal thing) - in fact it is quite entertaining watching the smoking snake! I remember on this forum someone used to compile list of "compulsary" install games like it was a scandal (I am sure some people think it is even now).

Anyway played the opening of Act 4 last night. After the movie length cut scenes of Act 3 (over 90 mins of cutscenes and under 60 of gameplay!) Koj opens Act 4 with...a 20 minute cut scene! Doh! However..HOWEVER..what follows is fantastic..fan..tas..tic. The return to Shadow Moses is a real high point from the flashback sequence (a flashback that is not a cutscene!!!!) to the haunting music as you enter, I have not reached them yet but there are two boss fights to come but thrown in are two Gheko battles that are better than 80% of what passes for Boss Fights in many other games. Act 4 is great.

Posted on 15 May 2012 16:57:40 BDT
LOVE Act 4! So good to see Shadow Moses in all its PS3 glory! Just reminds me of how amazing MGS1 was

Posted on 15 May 2012 23:06:47 BDT
Act 4 done - perfect imo (with the possible exception of Otogon crying!) - cut scenes balance, brief, spectacular, informative and gameplay (which takes up 90% of it) is fantastic - effectively 3 boss battles and 3 as good as boss battles.

On my way to that fight now.....

Posted on 15 May 2012 23:13:01 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 15 May 2012 23:33:06 BDT]

Posted on 15 May 2012 23:21:06 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Is that 'Crying Wolf' boss fight Robson? What weapon/equipment tactics are you using?

Glad to hear your enjoying it. ACT 4 is a nostalgic trip to Shadow Moses with blizzard-like weather conditions.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012 23:25:04 BDT
Solar Fox says:
43! Crikey! ;-D

Do you have any clues as to what Kojima will unveal at E3 Balli?

Posted on 15 May 2012 23:47:32 BDT
Balli says:
I'm 30 actually ;) Just quoting from a well known comedy...but which one?

I don't know...one man analysing a picture isn't exactly proof. I still like the WW2 story and the destructible environments idea ;)

"During the D-Day landings at Normandy, The Boss and her Cobras were sent on a mission to destroy several V2 rocket installations near Juno beach"

Stepping on someone else's toes! :D You play different missions with each of the Cobra unit...The End sniping...in WW2...to stop V2 rockets and gets wounded by Karl Fairburne :D Can anyone remember what Sokolov did in MGS3? :D Come on it's easy! It's not rocket science ;) It is rocket science...but that was an easy answer, hence why it's not rocket science...I think...

Posted on 16 May 2012 07:29:56 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Dan Dawkins is a good predictor of video game releases, and a said expert on the Metal Gear series. Do you think his explanations tally up?

He has explained them very well, in great detail. The WW2 setting would be interesting but we would be going back in time by almost a century, and all clues add up to a 1970's timeline.

Posted on 16 May 2012 10:04:41 BDT
At the end of the day all of these predictions are just informed speculation so while Dan Dawkins is great and well informed he could very well end up being wrong - at the end of the day Kojima can pull anything out the bag! Speculating is part of the fun.

"I'm 30 actually ;) Just quoting from a well known comedy...but which one?"

They have deleted your post - but was it "Life of Brian"?

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 10:07:43 BDT
Lots of cool info in this thread, took me a good 30 mins to skim through most of it.
I really want to go home and start MGS4 now, too bad i'm stuck at work.

So when is E3? I know it is in June but does anyone know the start date?

"They have deleted your post - but was it "Life of Brian"? "
Was it the Holy Grail? And doesn't he say he's 37? (Dennis that is)

Posted on 16 May 2012 10:12:56 BDT
Well the big conferences start from June 4th i believe with MS and Sony, EA and Ubisoft on that day. And June 5th its Nintendo (Which happens to be the Jubilee long weekend) Then a couple of days of the show after that.

I've been playing MGS3 HD on the PS3.. and wow they did such an amazing job. It looks fantastic. Really enjoying it once again

Posted on 16 May 2012 10:14:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 May 2012 10:16:42 BDT
Solar Fox says:
"They have deleted your post"

They, 'The Patriots' were not happy with the falsification of Balli's age. He is in fact 53. ;-)

Posted on 16 May 2012 10:29:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 May 2012 19:42:07 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Totally agree Kai. MGS3 is still as good as when I played it in the PS2 days. Definitely the most atmospheric of the all the MGS games for me.

Really looking forward to E3 this year. Kojima Productions have plenty of great news to give us, and i'm very curious.

Sadly, MGO will R.I.P. shortly after E3 on June 12th. It's also sad that I could never register with the damn thing.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  59
Total posts:  2951
Initial post:  12 May 2012
Latest post:  11 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions