Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

hardest boss you've ever faced?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 76 posts in this discussion
Posted on 30 May 2012 08:42:47 BDT
@ Steven

Yes the Lycan Lord can be a nightmare especially if your timing is off when he charges with his dash move towards you and you have to be quick hitting the pillars as he chases you down!! Enjoy Carmilla (well the fight I mean hehe)!!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2012 09:22:23 BDT
Trigger says:
Wasn't you pal, but bravo if you have all five. /applauds.

Posted on 30 May 2012 12:54:16 BDT
Lazisom says:
I have all 5 GOW plats too, woo for me!

I remember Penance on FF10 being a nightmare too, in the end I took the cowards way out and Grand Summoned Yojimbo and paid him every penny I had.

Crawmerax was a weird one, took me ages to actually get round to damaging him but when I finally did I killed him with about 5 shots from my BEAST of a sniper rifle.

Also I'd like to add Solidus on MGS2 European Extreme as you start with the health you are left with after he almost chokes you to death.

Although Solidus wasnt as hard or annoying as doing all the hold up VR missions with an M4 on MGS1 Snake

Posted on 30 May 2012 13:08:11 BDT
jambo says:
killzone 2 right at the end of the game with the sniper gun that had my ps3 controller nearly hurled through the tv done it in the end though

Posted on 30 May 2012 13:09:19 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Lazisom - totally agree on Solid Snake MGS1 VR Missions. It does require some near perfect, timing, precision and patience.

How far have you got through your VR Missions btw?

Posted on 30 May 2012 13:24:09 BDT
Lazisom says:
Finished all of the VR Missions, I left the M4 Hold ups til last. Got the Platinum on the HD collection after about 40 hours of VR missions. I didn't think it would be too bad since there was only the 2 characters, then I found you unlock another 5 to do pretty much the same thing.

Also go the plat on MGS3 which was incredibly easy compared to 2, just a hassle to collect all the food and stuff but I had forgotton how good the game actually is since I never really got into it the first time round on PS2.

Sticking to the MGS theme I'll add Liquid Ocelot on 4 on extreme mode, I didn't do it but my friend was at it for days trying to beat him

Posted on 30 May 2012 13:38:22 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Impressive. Well done. And Peace Walker?

My trophy progress on MGS2 has been halted due to the VR Missions. Raiden and Ninja Raiden's difficulty, were nothing compared to the Solid Snake missions.

I'm still collecting dog tags too. That's an impressive feat just to acquire all dog tags.

You are officially a MGS Veteran. ;-)

Posted on 30 May 2012 13:44:04 BDT
Lazisom says:
I havent bothered with Peace Walker yet, I had it on psp and got annoyed at the controls within an hour. I'll get round to it one day. I remember on 2 I missed one dog tag on hard difficulty and couldnt be bothered to play it through again so I made certain I got them all on extreme. Luckily the trophy wasnt for all dog tags (like it says in the discription) its just for unlocking all of the extra items though I never understood the point of the Infinite Grip and Infinite O2 wigs since you very rarely need to use too much of either, think it was more so you could make Raiden have orange/blue hair in the cutscenes

Posted on 30 May 2012 13:51:54 BDT
I didn't think tiamat on darksiders was that hard. Even on the harder difficulty just took some good timing with the dodging and quick response to hitting her.

I think omega weapon in ff8 was stupid to kill, made the final boss look positively easy.

Probably the worst was the one at the end of rage.........

Posted on 30 May 2012 13:57:10 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Yep, I remember reading that about the 'Great Dane' trophy/achievement. You don't need EVERY single dog tag in MGS2.

Peace Walker HD controls are easy to use now with the console pads. PW is a great game. Many are put off, but it's good for pick up and play accessability.

Posted on 30 May 2012 14:46:59 BDT
Lazisom says:
In that case I may knock it up a few in the pile of my backlog, gonna give 4 a go again soon too since I've now played 1, 2 and 3 recently I may as well round off the story to its comparatively weak conclusion

Posted on 30 May 2012 17:37:57 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Agreed Lazisom. MGS4 is the weakest of the series. After 4, its MGSPW so it should finish your series playthrough off nicely.

Posted on 30 May 2012 18:43:54 BDT
Praius says:
Ever played F-Zero GX for Gamecube. There was a story challenge on it called 'Save Jody'. The most intense 40 second challenge of your life. It demanded perfection and nothing less. Even then you might not have made it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OklZ4MxbM2w

Epic game

Posted on 31 May 2012 00:26:06 BDT
djburty says:
i could never beat the first boss in demon's souls - i know he's supposed to kill you, but i tried hard to kill him as others had managed it.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 May 2012 09:06:33 BDT
Trigger says:
The same Demon's Souls you have two Platinum trophies on, you mean? Yeah, that boss is solid.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 May 2012 09:22:57 BDT
The dissapointing thing about that boss in Demon's Souls is when you meet him again later on and he's not even half as hard.

I would have to say that Old King Allant from 1-4 is one of the hardest bosses I have faced, I mean he can put you down a level with one of his attacks, how harsh is that?

Posted on 31 May 2012 10:06:51 BDT
Yeah i found most bosses in Demon's Souls a cake-walk apart from Old King Allant... he took me a good few tries where the others i just firestormed to death.

He never caught me out with his level-reduction blast thingy

Posted on 31 May 2012 19:44:12 BDT
Last edited by the author on 31 May 2012 19:46:35 BDT
djburty says:
"The same Demon's Souls you have two Platinum trophies on, you mean? Yeah, that boss is solid. "

yeah that one :)

"The dissapointing thing about that boss in Demon's Souls is when you meet him again later on and he's not even half as hard."

true, but he wasn't even an end of level boss at that point, just a big enemy you could use for target practice - but i was in awe of those people who managed to kill him first time round - apparently he then didn't turn up for 4-1

edit:
"Yeah i found most bosses in Demon's Souls a cake-walk apart from Old King Allant"

i killed all bosses without using any magic - accept Old King Allant who i eventually had to poison - and the first boss, of course :)

Posted on 31 May 2012 21:01:01 BDT
Mr Mojito says:
"true, but he wasn't even an end of level boss at that point, just a big enemy you could use for target practice - but i was in awe of those people who managed to kill him first time round - apparently he then didn't turn up for 4-1"

No he doesn't ;p

The res evil 5 one is probably the closest I've come to chucking a controller!

Posted on 1 Jun 2012 21:17:52 BDT
slow to the thread but on sonic 1 or 2 on the game gear i NEVER got past this boss that was just claws at the bottom right of the screen and it got hurt by bouncing balls.

the problem was the balls just bounced too fast and you couldnt move properly as sonic just always walked into it.

this was my first sonic game and i could never get into the versions on the mega drive etc.

real drag, probably now i could complete it easy but my game gear is long gone :(

Posted on 2 Jun 2012 00:10:58 BDT
Lots of people have mentioned the Final Fantasy series and I remember finding Ozma (the giant planet that looked like a multi coloured bouncy ball) on FF9 pretty tricky because I never defeated it!

Posted on 2 Jun 2012 02:20:16 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Jun 2012 02:24:41 BDT
m00dy says:
Rygar (rygar for nes) and Battle of Olympus (The battle of olympus - NES - PAL) on NES? The first and last boss in Rygar I had a hard time with and most bosses in Battle of Olypus were complete beaches. Both games I found pretty rock hard...amazing I've got any hair left after these two! oh and TMHT as well (Teenage mutant hero turtles - NES - PAL)...Shredder was an absolute a-hole.

Posted on 6 Jun 2012 14:28:57 BDT
Lazisom says:
With regards to Final Fantasy bosses and I think all rpg bosses they are only hard if you are not prepared for them, personally I have never had a problem with Ozma as usually by the time I get to him I have so many moves that inflict 9999 damage (Frog Drop, Dragons Crest, Shock) that it only takes 2 rounds to get rid of his pitiful 65535 HP.

Posted on 6 Jun 2012 14:44:43 BDT
Sue Holmes says:
Dark souls, 4 kings ng+, snm.....

Posted on 6 Jun 2012 15:24:15 BDT
BlackPhantom says:
I could not kill "Flamelurker" in Demon's souls. Eventually, resorted to the cheat trick and killed him. Tried killing "Old king Allant" many times and gave up eventually. I could have used the poison cloud on him, but since he is optional i didn't bothered much. I felt that, the fight with him is bit cheap in a way that he can do a lot of damage and yet we barely manage to scrape him.

"Ceaseless Discharge" demon from Dark Souls is another annoying demon. It took a lot of tries.

Finally, in "Fallout 3", I find killing "reavers" extremely difficult to kill. I had one of the best sniper rifle (forget the name), using that I was able to gun down deathclaws using just one shot. Same gun on reavers, will atleast take around 7 or 8 shots. These are not boss characters in the game but they are still very annoying to kill.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  41
Total posts:  76
Initial post:  25 May 2012
Latest post:  6 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions