Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Metal Gear Solid / Rising Thread...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 977 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 22 Dec 2011 09:16:36 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Dec 2011 11:07:08 GMT
Naomi in MGS4 was pretty damn hot!

Eva in MGS3 was she the one who wandered round in a open chested flight suit and bra ? ... she was pretty damn tasty too!

Posted on 22 Dec 2011 09:30:15 GMT
Solar Fox says:
I thought so too, although most of the women in the mgs series, seem to like to flaunt their assets with open tops, and tight trousers. Not that i'm complaining. ;-) Eva just edges it for me, when she's in the cave in MGS3 with big boss. If only... :-P

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Dec 2011 11:09:19 GMT
it makes me laugh how pervy the makers of MGS are. Like pressing L1 during a cut scene to focus on a womans breasts. FHM posters in lockers on MGS2. In MGS1 when you crawled over Meryls cell and look down she is excerising, well if you back out the vent and re do it a few times she ends up doing it in just some panties !! ... pervy japs !

Posted on 22 Dec 2011 13:55:11 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Dec 2011 13:57:01 GMT
Solar Fox says:
Yep, I remember all that. :-) I can tell that you like what metal gear is all about, the tactical espionage and the sneaking about. I CAN see what your saying about MGS4, and I do agree to a point on what you say. The South America sections I really got into, but I think there should have been alot more of that. I assume you enjoyed these sections too and wanted more of the same? Instead of being subjected to 30min cutscenes when you could have continued to enjoy the stealth take downs. I did feel the same, when I had to follow some dodgy character through some foggy streets with a silenced pistol. I wanted to be back in the first and second chapters. The jap humour and fantasy sci fi can get in the way in some respects. Hopefully with new developers driving the future of metal gear games, this can be addressed with more of a balance. Hopefully.

Kojima wants to take a step back from the Metal Gear franchise to concerntrate on other games. Overseeing Metal Gear is as far as wants to go with mgs5 and Rising. So here's hoping that over long cutscenes wil be restricted to acceptable length by non jap developers who know what we want.

Also, did you know in MGS4 when Snake fights Liquid, if you dont fight, Liquid kisses Snake on the cheek! It's when things like that start happening that you do have to think twice on where Kojima is heading!.

Posted on 22 Dec 2011 14:49:37 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Dec 2011 14:53:31 GMT
I played twin snakes earlier this year with a friend.
He bought it for around £50 off ebay.

Twin snakes was a fun game to play, but the cutscenes just werent the same (or as good imo).
I thought the scene at the Hind-D boss fight was a bit silly, a missile is fired at snake and he jumps up and kicks his legs off it and proceeds to fire a missile back whislt in mid-air.
Just found the video on youtube, the bit I am talking about is around 8mins 20secs in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH0XlsbEw4o

I remember a lot of the game being easier because you could aim in 1st person which came in handy very often.
It was still awesome to play MGS1 with the MGS2 engine though.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Dec 2011 15:09:09 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Dec 2011 15:10:18 GMT
Greyfox ... i have had the arguement with Balli on here alot about Metal Gear and I think my problem with the series is that I do love the Espionage parts of MGS, they are done so well and the first game inparticular had some great spy moments the sniper hostage bit, torture scenes ect they where all fantastic and answered all my James Bond fantasies.

However I really dislke the other half the super natural nonsence, baddies possesed by transplanted arms, Vampires walking on water ect. I knowThe first MGS had Psycho mantis and stuff, but it was still an Spy story at its heart. As MGS goes on its gets more and more bizzare.

I think im just more Sam Fisher than Solid Snake

Posted on 22 Dec 2011 17:29:00 GMT
Solar Fox says:
"I remember a lot of the game being easier because you could aim in 1st person which came in handy very often.
It was still awesome to play MGS1 with the MGS2 engine though."

Think it was needed after MGS1's top down camera. You couldn't get a decent view around yourself but it was only a minor niggle i had with it in certain indoor areas. MGS2 Introduced it and it was welcomed.

On the HD Collection, Kojima has apparently improved the camera angles. The 3rd person view has been improved and MGS3 gets the radar, which it apparently didn't have in the original MGS3? Although i don't know the exact details. I'm sure i read that somewhere but maybe someone else can back me up on that.

Posted on 22 Dec 2011 18:22:56 GMT
Solar Fox says:
"However I really dislke the other half the super natural nonsence, baddies possesed by transplanted arms, Vampires walking on water ect. I knowThe first MGS had Psycho mantis and stuff, but it was still an Spy story at its heart. As MGS goes on its gets more and more bizzare."

"I think im just more Sam Fisher than Solid Snake"

But wouldn't you agree that MGS just has that extra polish and attention to detail that Splinter Cell couldn't quite acheive? I do notice the weird stuff in MG, but i don't feel that it ruins the game. At least not for me anyway. I do see what you mean though as both MGS2 & MGS4 started off really well. Then about half way within each game they suddenly start introducing super-human enemies, as you say, bizarre ideas and characters. Again though, it's the Japanese mentality that put these things in. I saw a program that explained that the japanese like their games to be unrealistic fantasy, really OTT. If you consider other Japanese games, FF, Street Fighters, Guilty Gears, DMC series they do it on purpose so they can truly escape the confines of reality. It's a clash of cultures really.

MGS3 is the true definition of what 'Metal Gear Solid' is and should be about IMO. I also enjoyed Special Missions, Substance and Subsistence with the benefit of no cutscenes. :)

If you do get MGS4 again, i found that the sniper rifle is good for lowering the risk of setting off the alert phase. I used the M14EBR sniper rifle with a silencer attachment and laser sight attachment which works a treat. It is also semi-automatic which is handy if you get into any trouble with multiple enemies. Or for 20,000 DP there is the DSR-1 which is a nice looking sniper rifle and has the greatest covering distance of 300m but i don't think it's customisable, but i could be wrong. The DSR-1 isn't semi-automatic either, so if you get in trouble switch to a silenced sub-machine gun as back up. Combining your sniper rifle with the Solid Eye on Night Vision is very effective. After firing a few rounds, if you reload your rifle, an empty shell spins into the air behind Solid Snake as he loads another clip. Just little details like that give this game the edge for me. There is more weapons in MGS4 than any other MG. It's a shame there wasn't a MGS4: Special Missions game so you could utilise them more without cut scene interruptions.

Posted on 22 Dec 2011 23:56:17 GMT
Sam Fisher is a Pu55y compared to Snake!!!
Just found this trailer for MGS4, I remembered it after seeing the Sam Fisher post.
Funny bit 3 minutes in, where snake is dressed as Fisher. WTF??
http://youtu.be/IC5J2fUPNqA

Posted on 23 Dec 2011 08:42:46 GMT
"MGS3 is the true definition of what 'Metal Gear Solid' is and should be about IMO"

+1. Snake-eater is my favourite MGS (I even have the theme on my mp3 player) :p

Posted on 23 Dec 2011 08:54:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Dec 2011 09:00:08 GMT
Now way Stew !! ... Sam Fisher is the man .. Snake has become a dithering old man who hangs aroung with young blond lads who wear high heels!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Dec 2011 08:54:39 GMT
Solar Fox says:
Nice one stew. :-) At the beginning of MGS4, Snake he was dressed like he was from assasins creed. Was that a mickey take I wonder or am I looking into it too much?

Posted on 23 Dec 2011 08:57:51 GMT
Solar Fox says:
Zarabubus - I can beat that, ive got a Metal Gear Solid 3 coffee mug. ;-)

Posted on 23 Dec 2011 09:01:24 GMT
Nice!

So do you use the mug or is it just for show?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Dec 2011 09:05:44 GMT
Solar Fox says:
Bauer - He also gets kissed on the cheek by liquid snake but let's not get into that. :-) Now big boss from MGS3 is the original solid snake, he would kick all their @sses!

Posted on 23 Dec 2011 09:09:07 GMT
Solar Fox says:
I use it everyday Zarabubus. But unfortunately the dish washer has started to make it fade. Hopefully get a new one for christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Dec 2011 09:17:18 GMT
Yeah MGS3 was brilliant wasnt it, im tempted to buy MGS col just for that sublime game !

Posted on 23 Dec 2011 09:30:17 GMT
Solar Fox says:
Me too. Kojima has listened to the critics and improved the camera and inc the radar. The MGS3 on the HD Collection is the Subsistence version so should be packed with Metal Gear extras. It is also in 3D and with trophy support it is worth the asking price alone imo.

Posted on 23 Dec 2011 09:48:11 GMT
ThulŽatan says:
The Snake vs Sam Fisher talk reminds me of the Ape Escape minigame in MGS3. The colonel asks Snake to hunt down all the monkeys, but he just groans and says something like 'Why me? Can't Sam or Gabe do it?'

(Gabe from Syphon Filter?)

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Dec 2011 10:18:59 GMT
Solar Fox says:
Don't mention the ape escape mini game! Bauer will be cancelling his Metal Gear HD pre order now. :-o

Posted on 23 Dec 2011 10:29:42 GMT
LOL !! as long as there not a FAT Bomber on Roller Blades Mini game .. LOL MGS2 WTF !!!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Dec 2011 11:39:53 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Dec 2011 11:40:44 GMT
Solar Fox says:
Haha. :-)

The best part of MGS2 was the beginning where you had to infiltrate the tanker. The rain effects, the mist on the camera as you entered the ship, wet foot prints etc.. even by todays standards it's an amazing result of attention to detail. Fatman was one of my least fav boss battles. How he managed to stay upright is beyond me.

Posted on 23 Dec 2011 11:52:11 GMT
You mean all the bits before Raiden came along ; ) .. yeah when the game changed to Raiden was probably one the worst moments in gaming for me !

i just sat there and said who the f**king is this knob !!! .. him and his love Codecs to Rose !! .. yes i really should of seen MGS4 coming after MGS2 ; )

Posted on 23 Dec 2011 12:06:27 GMT
Trigger says:
I loved the tanker section at the beginning of MGS2, but after that it all went so lacklustre and the level design nosedived hard. I didn't even mind Raiden so much; I mean those bits when you got to fight alongside Snake were truly thrilling - being the wingman of a game character legend! - and the bosses paled in comparison to MGS1, and it had none of the intelligent little sections, like the Mantis fight or the codex number. MGS4 is another which started off well - I really enjoyed the first chapter, and the second was good too, but for reasons Bauer has pointed out it again just got worse and worse after that, irrespective of plot.

Posted on 23 Dec 2011 14:42:11 GMT
Nessy says:
Looking forward to playing MGS3 in HD next year :), sounds like it's just as good if not better as the original !.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  31
Total posts:  977
Initial post:  16 Dec 2011
Latest post:  12 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions