Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Amazon Trade-In

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 92 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jul 2012 11:27:27 BDT
BALLYSEAGAL says:
now they have the cheek to advertise a promo saying the will give u an extra 5 quid on your trade ins!! if the third party can't cope with what they get the now how will a promo help matters!!

Posted on 9 Jul 2012 12:31:54 BDT
MF says:
Spotted that last night --- I think they have reduced a lot of their trade in values at the same time as the promo -- so maybe not such a good deal.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jul 2012 12:35:23 BDT
BALLYSEAGAL says:
Well my trade ins just came through so cheers amazon but i won't be using this service again.

Posted on 9 Jul 2012 13:04:18 BDT
I would love to be able to use this service but is only available to UK customers. It isn't that much more expensive to send via registered post from Ireland as opposed to ordinary post so I would elect to post them that way (if amazon would allow us to use the service).

Come on Amazon - open it up to everyone! Please.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jul 2012 13:30:38 BDT
BALLYSEAGAL says:
Z don't worry about it the service used to be good but its went a bit pete tong since then.

Posted on 9 Jul 2012 15:43:00 BDT
Adam says:
I sent Soul Calibur 5 to them recently, along with a few strategy guides for games I don't own anymore. Sent them last Monday and no signs of them arriving yet. Not too worried yet as it took about 2 weeks to get my credit last time, but it would be nice if they could hurry it up a bit :P.

Posted on 12 Jul 2012 06:25:53 BDT
Mr Mojito says:
Got into contact with amazon about my trade in of max Payne 3 of the 15th June to be told it was a post office problem and to take it up with them. Fortunately, I've the necessary proofs of postage (apparently?) but overall I'm not massively happy.

Posted on 12 Jul 2012 06:54:54 BDT
Amazon are obviously getting tired of picking up the problems related to the Royal Mail. Seems to be a lot of packages disappearing recently!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jul 2012 14:48:37 BDT
How did you contact them?
I got that responce when i e-mailed them but on the response is a optioni of "Did this answer your question" (or words to that effect). Click no, type a few sentances of why you are unhappy. Submit it and you get an option of "call me". enter a number (mobiles work) and explain to a customer service person. I found them really helpful and they gave me a credit to the amount of the trade in.

Posted on 12 Jul 2012 18:08:17 BDT
Cerberus says:
Anyone having hassle with stuff not turning up, let Amazon know and make sure you get across you're annoyed/f-off blah blah, you should then get a reply saying please wait 4 weeks or so and if it's not turned up reply to this email. If you have the Royal 40 thieves Mail proof of postage take a pic ( jpeg ) and attach it to the reply ( think it was Si B that recommended this and worked for me ). Now Amazon should pay you out, even if you lack the proof still chase it up.

Something is clearly rotten somewhere and I'm surprised the service is still up and running.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jul 2012 18:11:46 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Jul 2012 18:12:09 BDT
Cerberus says:
W40k books by Dan Abnett are well worth checking out Si Eisenhorn (Eisenhorn Omnibus) and The Founding (Warhammer 40,000: Gaunt's Ghosts).

Posted on 12 Jul 2012 20:21:55 BDT
Sir Rodders says:
OK, I sent ME3 and MP3 back some time ago. Items never turned up so complained to Amazon and got a credit. Bit of a ballache and the advise was to use recorded delivery next time. So, I returned GR:FS on 30th June. This time I used Recorded signed for first class and the package still hasn't showed up. An enquiry of Royal Mail webiste shows the package is still "progressing through their system". This is two weeks after I sent it first class!!! What on Earth is going on with this system, Royal Mails access to customer services is shocking and quite frankly it is dreadful that I can pay £4 to ship something as light as a game that has still not been signed for after two weeks. When I spoke to Amazon CS they had no idea about what may have been going on with missing orders on the first delivery or that so many had gone awry. I really like the option to trade here as the credit can go on so much but this system is well and truly broke and I am not bothering again. A real shame and am mighty angry.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jul 2012 20:57:36 BDT
Cerberus says:
Royal Mail = Moya Greene and the Forty Thieves ?

Although she's ok mate as....

Miss Greene's basic pay was unchanged from the year before at £498,000. However she also picked up £371,000 in a "short term incentive plan", £38,000 in benefits and a £200,000 cash contribution towards her pension.

Posted on 12 Jul 2012 21:56:07 BDT
BluePie says:
I just traded in Uncharted 3. Printed out the label that Amazon give you, sent it with the outgoing mail at work in a Jiffy bag. Took nearly two weeks to arrive though and I got a bit worried, emailed Amazon about it and lo and behold, the next day, it was received. For peace of mind, get proof of posting, that way you get a tracking number to follow. Got £9.55 for it, certificate good for 12 months.

Posted on 12 Jul 2012 22:14:24 BDT
Adam says:
Getting a bit worried about mine now :\ (3 strategy guides and Soul Calibur 5). Sent them last Monday, and as there are 3 big books packaged together with the game, they were sent as a fairly large package so wouldn't be easy to hide away and take for themselves. I noticed that the prepaid postage label I printed off was for first-class postage, so in theory should've been delivered in a couple of days. Definitely something fishy going on at the moment, and this will be the last time I use the service until I hear that something has been done to sort these problems out.

Posted on 13 Jul 2012 01:12:39 BDT
My game sent on 29th June has been received and gift card deposited. Thanks amazon

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jul 2012 10:05:11 BDT
Mr K says:
@ Rodders,

Same thing happened to me when I sent in a game about 4 weeks ago recorded delivery via Royal Fail. It was still saying 'progressing through the delivery network' so I phoned Royal Fail and had to fill in a compensation form as they said it's lost. Now after over a week I'm still waiting.......
Wouldn't be surprised if the compensation form (with all the proof of purchase) has been 'lost' as well...

Posted on 13 Jul 2012 10:22:59 BDT
Anyone got the post code for the amazon trade in handy? I want to check something.

Posted on 13 Jul 2012 13:06:25 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jul 2012 13:06:57 BDT
MF says:
you should see some of the discussions on the forum shown on the trade in page . I personally wont touch the trade in service again with a barge pole ... the trade in prices have also dropped very sharply at the moment ...call me a pessimist but does that have anything to do with the extra £5 promo code. Judging by the number of people who have sent trade ins from here and have problem -- the figure is very high -- 50 to 60% ? ---- they should stop all trade ins at the moment imo.

Posted on 15 Jul 2012 13:55:47 BDT
Well I never got anything for Skyrim. Amazon didn't even seem bothered.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2012 14:38:22 BDT
Cerberus says:
What did they say Unearth ?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2012 16:48:41 BDT
Cerberus says:
NorAm partners at Block E Unit 01, Tower Bridge Business Complex, 100 Clements Road, LONDON, SE16 4DU.

Posted on 15 Jul 2012 17:01:59 BDT
Not much. All their emails were more or less the same. "Normally your trade in arrives within XX amount of days", "Did this answer your question", "You can check your trade ins here" etc. They then mentioned something about contacting Royal Mail.

To be honest I've gave up and won't be using them again. I've NEVER lost a parcel or letter with Royal Mail yet the first parcel I do lose is at the same time as lots of other people on here and it's the same delivery address involved.

Posted on 15 Jul 2012 17:42:51 BDT
Mr Mojito says:
It's a shhh state of affairs VS and all too common for them not to have a chuffing good look at what's going on.

I picked up the forms to claim with royal mail to be told they are likely to find the parcel....I bloomin hope not! It was £29 at the time I traded and it's now valuued at <£10, amazing how I've never had a problem through all the sales I've made on amazon yet the first trade in with the same company we're all having trouble with and it all goes moobs up :(

Posted on 17 Jul 2012 12:17:31 BDT
Adam says:
2 weeks after posting, my trade ins are finally being processed...
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  27
Total posts:  92
Initial post:  18 Oct 2011
Latest post:  8 Jun 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions