Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Top 5 most anticipated games of 2012

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 98 posts in this discussion
Posted on 28 May 2012 16:15:35 BDT
Hubbard says:
While we're on the RE6 subject, i'm just going to copy and paste my frustrations from the PS3 chat...

Why do game trailers have to ruin the plot?

Just watched the 2nd Resident Evil 6 trailer and it pretty much holds your hand through the entire games plot down to probably the last tenth of the game.

What is the clucking point?

Posted on 28 May 2012 16:23:01 BDT
Crixus says:
so you pre order and how do you get the code for the sniper challenge??

Can i cancel the pre order?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 May 2012 16:26:06 BDT
Nick. says:
Yes you can cancel, but on Shopto, you have to contact them to do so. It is fantastic IMO.

Posted on 28 May 2012 16:29:12 BDT
Crixus says:
just pre ordered with amazon, thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 28 May 2012 16:31:17 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 May 2012 16:31:44 BDT
Nick. says:
No problem; it unlocks some stuff for the full game:)
edit: Also, way more ways to kill than meet the eye. Look on youtube at the development video, it's really interesting.

Posted on 29 May 2012 00:40:15 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 May 2012 00:40:35 BDT
I'm really looking forward to these games in 2012

Syndicate
SSX
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Max Payne 3
Mass Effect 3

... what? already out?...

Posted on 29 May 2012 07:47:55 BDT
Solar Fox says:
1. Zone Of The Enders HD Collection.
2. Virtua Fighter Final Showdown (dlo)
3. Black Ops 2 (with reservations)
4. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (if Namco get it right)
5. Anarchy Reigns

Posted on 29 May 2012 08:11:54 BDT
i'm also kinda looking forward to risen 2 - just hope it's not too kiddy

Posted on 30 May 2012 12:15:11 BDT
djburty says:
"i'm also kinda looking forward to risen 2 - just hope it's not too kiddy "

it doesn't look too bad -is PEGI 16 rated so i'm sure there will be a bit of salty language and the odd bit of gore here and there.

Posted on 30 May 2012 12:25:20 BDT
Icaruschips says:
Risen 2 is good so far from what I've played, then again the first was a good game on the PC, too. So not sure how consoles will fare this time.

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 12:59:54 BDT
Trigger says:
Not really a lot for the rest of the year I'm particularly looking forward to I guess. Are there any good downloadable games on the way; that has provided some of my favourites over the last year.

No particular order:

Assassin's Creed III - loved 2, got bored with Brotherhood and didn't play Revelations. I really hope this is a jump in quality like AC to ACII was.
Dishonored - I guess out of all the FPSs this year this is the most interesting one to me. I love the sci-fi steampunk style and the mash-up of gameplay style and genres should give it a distinct flavour.
LittleBigPlanet Karting - ModNation was a bit flat, but I am hopeful this will be a lot better. Every console needs at least one good karting game.
Halo 4 - hopefully 343i can create a campaign as memorable as the original game's.
Far Cry 3, I guess - loved and hated FC2, but if they apply lessons learned then this could be really special. There are a few good pre-order deals flying around at the moment and I must admit I'm tempted to go for it.

Feeling a bit nonchalant over most of the releases for the rest of the year - are there any other big releases between now and Sept/Oct?

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 13:09:56 BDT
Crixus says:
resident evil 6?

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 13:10:11 BDT
Forza Horizon - Hope this is different enough to the likes of Forza 3/4. Trailers seem to suggest so.

Splinter Cell: Black List - Loved the coop in Conviction so hope this has some too.

LittleBigPlanet Karting - Can see me spending hours on the track editor.

Black Ops 2 - Was going to give COD a miss this year until I saw the futuristic twist.

Assassin's Creed III - Played my first AC game recently (ACII) and loved it. I hope this is as good if not better.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jun 2012 13:11:13 BDT
Nick. says:
Sleeping Dogs!!!!

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 13:13:04 BDT
MF says:
when is sega all star racing 2 out ?

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 13:16:36 BDT
out of interest does anyone know if Splinter cell: Black List is Xbox exclusive again ?

i always thought it was a strange move for Conviction?

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 13:17:04 BDT
Ni No Kuni! :D

although its in January.... but i'm allowed it arent i? :D

Cos it looks AMAZING!! :D

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jun 2012 13:17:29 BDT
Nick. says:
It's not.

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 13:17:31 BDT
I think it's multi-format Gaz.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jun 2012 13:21:39 BDT
Trigger says:
By the end of the year, I think. Good call actually; it will be interesting to see if it's better than LBP Karting. Certainly Sega Racing 1 was better than ModNation.

"out of interest does anyone know if Splinter cell: Black List is Xbox exclusive again ?"

I don't think it is, otherwise MS would have been trumpeting it, plus Ubisoft don't really do hardware exclusives on their big franchises any more. My betting is that it's on PS360 and PC, but the 360 has exclusive content or early DLC, or something like that.

Conviction was a 360 exclusive because MS paid for it in response to MGS4 becoming a PS3 exclusive.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jun 2012 13:22:41 BDT
yeah i just saw on the web site its venturing on to PS3 this time...

Im still not happy Micheal Ironside isnt voicing Sam Fisher this time : (

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 13:24:22 BDT
MF says:
I watched the demo for LBP karting at E3 and while it does look goods I cant get into the whole creating tracks etc which takes away a little of the appeal for me. My heart goes with sega all star racing as its genuinly the most fun karter ive played --- wish they would make another spead freaks though !

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 13:27:09 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jun 2012 13:31:57 BDT
Trigger says:
I don't understand why they're changing the voice - it's not like Michael Ironside is that busy, so I don't expect he's especially expensive to hire.

EDIT - my guess would be that considering the man who's doing the motion capture is voicing Fisher, they're making a lot more cutscenes and want a more naturalistic performance for the character, a la Nolan North as Drake.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jun 2012 13:29:04 BDT
Trigger says:
Speed Freaks was good, but Crash Team Racing was better!

I would like Sony to get a small team in Naughty Dog to basically make Crash Team Racing 2, but give it a Jak/Ratchet skin. Daxter & Clank Karting; make it happen Sony!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jun 2012 13:32:46 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jun 2012 13:38:38 BDT
Trigger here is there explanation !!! along with an interview with Michael ironside approving of the decision, im guessing to try and appease the diappointed fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlUnTcjlkd8

Ill remain positive the game still looks mint.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  27
Total posts:  98
Initial post:  27 May 2012
Latest post:  15 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions