Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The official RATS/Amazon (reboot) PS3 Clan ... Episode 1 The Phantom Moderator

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 7301-7325 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 12 Apr 2012 11:12:30 BDT
Bozz says:
Cheers Pete

Ollie, Crysis isnt that bad on Delta difficulty. I went straight for Delta and didnt go for any other difficulty and was ok, there are 1 or 2 parts which are very difficult but overall its not too bad and a straightforward plat

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 11:12:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Apr 2012 11:13:31 BDT
... says:
"and from the looks of it it is God Of War IV. "

The tagline for it is "Will vengeance bring redemption"

Whilst Kratos is all about the Vengance I'm not sure where the redemption ties into it. If he kills another 975 Million people will the murder counter reset to zero?

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2012 11:12:53 BDT
Nick. says:
Not a definite, but it's a background with "Will Vengance Bring Redemption?" written. Santa Monica studio still have a ps3 game in development, and as they made God of war 3, I'd bet my right foot on it.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2012 11:14:26 BDT
Nick. says:
It could be a new protagonist, or maybe he's found someone else he doesn't like. If it isn't I'll be surprised, but it will be announced soon. The tag line could be about Agent, but we have not heard about it for years. (it could be about assassination).

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2012 11:16:42 BDT
If it isn't God Of War IV, i'm calling you hop-along! ;)

Hopefull it's a new IP though, i'd prefer that to GOW IV.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2012 11:18:22 BDT
Nick. says:
I'd like a new IP, but what would your thought be on a new protagonist, with maybe Egyptian mythology, or Norse Mythology, both would be FTW.

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 11:22:24 BDT
... says:
Vikings - Call for Asgard was a decent hack and slash with Norse mythology in it. I liked it, everyone else seemed to hate it but Creative Assembly can do no wrong in my eyes. I'm not a huge hack and slash fan though so would hope for a new IP myself.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2012 12:03:14 BDT
The game just lags quite a bit while moving too fast etc and I thought that would ruin the experience. I'm dying quite a bit on the easiest setting suprisingly too. Really enjoyed Crysis 2 however, hope they make a third.

Also I really need to play GOW3 :P I have only played chains of olympus.

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 12:17:25 BDT
Red Dead sequel/prequel rumoured from that 'Vengeance' image, but R* teams are surely too busy working on GTA5, Max Payne 3, Agent and possibly Bully 2 (meh). I dont see what Kratos has left to do in GoW unless they shift the time period & setting and fit a lot of contrived mythology into the first 5 minutes

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 12:52:09 BDT
ShotoTiggs says:
After a couple of hours on Fallout (sorry Taz, I didn't see your message come in and only read it when I was heading to bed) and much yelling the the TV I came to one conclusion.

I hate fire ants.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2012 12:55:08 BDT
"I hate fire ants"
Ah, that takes me back!! I did that mission near the start and it was frustrating, try doing a few side-missions and level up first. Maybe get a good rifle to take out the Ants from long range, mines/grenades help also. ;)

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 13:08:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Apr 2012 13:11:57 BDT
ShotoTiggs says:
It took me about an hour to remember what the kid said about shooting their antenna! I had a nice range of weapons; pistols, shotguns and long range. I'm pretty early on too, it's only the second mission I've done after going for the food at the supermarket. I'd decided just before bed to head back and come back later because now I'm deep in the tunnels and have no ammo except for a laser pistol that isn't in very good condition and no stimpaks. Do enemies respawn?

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 13:10:29 BDT
Bunny says:
I heart the original Fallout 3, really want to get back into NV but only put 20 hours in before being sidetracked to other games.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2012 13:11:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Apr 2012 13:11:47 BDT
... says:
"Do enemies respawn? "

No, I'd go and stock up again then come back. I'd also make my way to Girdershade before returning as you pick up a quest that takes you straight back to those tunnels anyway as well as the highly annoying 'Nuke Cola Challenge.'

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 13:15:24 BDT
ShotoTiggs says:
I was the same Bunny, I enjoyed Fallout 3 but always ended up going on to something else so I've never gotten very far into it and stuck to the main quest when I did. I found Dad but gave up shortly after; I was only about level 10. I only played NV for about 2 hours then my console froze twice at exactly the same moment and I never went back. I've traded it in now. I plan to get the ultimate edition at some point though.

Thanks for the tip, Astro.

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 13:16:21 BDT
Bozz says:
I have Fallout 3 still unopened ready to play, toss up between that and Dead Space for my next game now I have finished Crysis / ME3

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2012 13:18:57 BDT
... says:
Both of them are winners in my book Bozz. Doesn't matter what one you pick I reckon you will love it.

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 13:19:25 BDT
I've got Dead Space 1+2, Vanquish, Binary Domain, Mafia II and Driver:SF unopened as yet.
But I've unwrapped Resistance 3 and i've played Deadspace before. ;)
Doesn't help that i've just ordered Asura's Wrath and Cross Edge.

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 13:21:46 BDT
Bunny says:
Do it Bozz, F3 is very imersive and a great experience.

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 13:22:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Apr 2012 13:24:43 BDT
ShotoTiggs says:
I don't have anything unopened but I have RDR, Batman Arkham City, Singularity, Demon's and Dark Souls, Skyrim and Elder Scrolls I've barely played.

Fallout's fun, go for it. Liam Neeson is your Dad! You kill giant ants and vicious dogs. And get to decide whether to be evil or a saint, much like inFamous, only it's more gradual. It's good how desolate everything looks. Oh, and it's a first or third person shooter. And there's 40s music on the radio which I actually quite like.

"I don't want to set the world on fiiiirrre. I just want to staaaarrt a flame in your heeaaarttt!"

Great. I have that song stuck in my head now.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2012 13:24:38 BDT
Bozz says:
Thinking I might go Dead Space first as I belive I will have it done in 10 or so hours, Fallout will obviously take longer.

I played FO:NV though and didnt really get on with it some hope FO is better (I have heard it is)

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 13:26:33 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Apr 2012 13:27:06 BDT
... says:
I have played fallout 3 four diffrent times but still need all 3 of the evil level trophies. I usually go a bad guy in most RPG's but when I walked around post apocolyptia for a few hours I realsies the people have suffered enough. Still to ******SPOILER FROM THE 80's*****DONT READ FALLOUT 3 SPOILER AHEAD**YOU'VE BEEN WARNED***HERE IT COMES***Blow up Meagton***SPOILER HAS ENDED*****NOW*** I just can't bring myself to do it.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2012 13:26:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Apr 2012 13:27:25 BDT
Yeah it's a great game, with a really cool soundtrack too!!
I downloaded 5 of the songs off Amazon, I got them stuck in my head for ages.
"So bongo, bongo, bongo, I don't wanna leave the Congo, oh no no no no no.
Bingo, bangle, bungle, I'm so happy in the jungle, I refuse to go"

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 13:26:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Apr 2012 13:30:44 BDT
ShotoTiggs says:
It starts a bit slow and disjointed but once you get out of the bunker and the world opens up, maybe an hour in, it's really good. You can go anywhere right from the start, although obviously there are areas that you should leave until you have decent gear, so it's really easy to forget what you're supposed to be doing, but in a good way.

I played Dead Space too but only played about a third of it. There was nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't really my kind of game. Oddly enough, I liked Bioshock which i thought had a similar sort of feel to it. Spooky atmosphere and dark corridors, things jumping out at you and trying to figure out what happened to the place you're stuck in.

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 13:46:27 BDT
Bunny says:
Tiggs, the servers for Demons Souls are being turned off on 31st May, so if you want to play any of it in coop better get on it quick. Thats said its great in SP also.
Discussion locked

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  123
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  17 Nov 2011
Latest post:  26 Jul 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions