Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

What are you playing at the moment?

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 7126-7150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jul 2012 13:38:53 BDT
Don't think so - the standard edition have a mandatory patch that updates it to the Move edition anyway, so you just choose whether to use a dualshock or Move.

Posted on 12 Jul 2012 13:43:40 BDT
Rob says:
Thanks will give it a go, that and Deus Ex should keep me busy until Sleeping Dogs arrives...

Posted on 12 Jul 2012 14:00:34 BDT
Rob says:
Purchased and dispatched... no prizes for guessing where from, hopefully will arrive tomorrow morning as I have the day off - although I'm not sure I'm going to get much game time.

Posted on 12 Jul 2012 14:26:26 BDT
still playing dirt 3, on the last championship I believe. Going to try get through Kingdom of Amalur next week :) + maybe quantum conundrum if I dl that.

Posted on 13 Jul 2012 08:27:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jul 2012 08:32:15 BDT
Trigger says:
Received The Witcher 2 yesterday. What a lovely case it comes in - It makes me realise that I really miss the time when games all had lavish boxes and lots of extras and actually made you feel like they cared about the presentation. As for the game, I only played about 20 minutes although did find the tutorial a little cumbersome. Visuals and presentation are fantastic though, and the combat seems pretty good. There's kind of a lack of feedback with some things though, such as in consuming a drink; you press A to do it but get no visual cue to tell you that he has. Anyway, it seems slick so I'll persevere and see how it goes. I will try to finish Halo before I get into this properly though.

Speaking of which, I am still making my way through Assault on the Control Room in Halo. Man, this level lasts for ages! I made good progress on Wednesday night, but I got pissed off and switched it off and didn't do 'save & quit', so I think I'll have ballsed all my progress. I keep forgetting that unlike most modern games, when you go through a checkpoint it doesn't actually save the game; it's just a quicksave.

EDIT - also played a bit of Quantum Conundrum on PSN. It's good, I like it so far although haven't come across any of the proper platforming sections yet. The visuals and presentation are excellent, although the script is nowhere near as sharp as anything GLaDOS says. It does kind of make me wonder why Kim Swift left Valve only to go and make another game just like the game she made for Valve.

Posted on 13 Jul 2012 08:33:30 BDT
He's well and truly abandoned us for the dark side... :P

More Ratchet and Clank 2 for me last night. Also tried the trials for Quantum Condundrum and Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition (whatever it's called). I liked the puzzle solving stuff in QC - to me, it felt like it could potentially offer more significant challenges than Portal 2 ever did, but I wasn't a fan of the first person platforming, which seemed to quite a major part of the latter end of the demo. Not too sure about it overall. And Frogger... yeah... I played for about a minute and deleted it lol. Pointless update - pretty pathetic when compared to something like Pac-Man Championship Edition.

Posted on 13 Jul 2012 08:38:14 BDT
Trigger says:
I didn't bother with Frogger at all. I'd heard it was a cheap update trying to copy Pac-Man CE DX and I've never been that fussed on the gameplay from Frogger anyway.

Posted on 14 Jul 2012 16:34:52 BDT
Nick says:
Bump.
I also got TW2 enhanced edition, I really like the set; good fan service CD:PR!
Just organised my games too, if I count all my physical games, I have around 36. If you include retail downloads, that goes up a lot (not counted) and if you include all games this gen that got retail releases and I have traded in, I think it is about 100! :)

Posted on 14 Jul 2012 16:40:41 BDT
I've started Rainbow Moon - a very enjoyable retro-style JRPG, with some added elements I'd expect from a new JRPG these days (no forced random battles(!!!!!), save anywhere etc). About 3-4 hours into it.

Also, I have 106 PSN games on my HDD :\ - although that includes some PS+ games, and all the individual episodes for Tales of Monkey Island and Sam and Max :P.

Posted on 14 Jul 2012 16:42:50 BDT
"I also got TW2 enhanced edition, I really like the set; good fan service CD:PR! " +1
- Bought it as well from Zon (twice - 1st went missing) - and a really nice set. Looking forward to playing the game soon.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jul 2012 16:47:42 BDT
Nick says:
106!?!!?!? ADDDICT;)
I also haven't started the game Zorton, too much to play!
Also, I'm not enjoying the MP3 SP, but I am enjoying the MP. Too many cutscenes for my liking **dreads MGS4**

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jul 2012 17:29:24 BDT
Addicted and proud ;).

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2012 16:19:35 BDT
Nick says:
<3.
In other news, just read a promising story about TLOU. It really sounds stunning, and along with Borderlands 2, is one my most anticipated games. Are you getting B2 on release Adam? I'm still seriously contemplating which console to get it on, as I just prefer playing games on PS3 (don't know why, some people have the same with 360) and if I buy a surround sound headset, I'll probably want to play it on that. If I do, we need to coop.

Posted on 15 Jul 2012 16:23:07 BDT
Nick says:
Also, just looked at the 7.1 headset on the site amazon list as the one to buy from (if you don't look at others). I used them before, and they were very good. But on their site, it costs £69.99, on Amazon £75 +£2 shipping.. talk about taking a share. Although, I guess it helps them get recognised.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2012 16:51:48 BDT
Probably - I haven't preordered it as of yet though.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2012 16:54:49 BDT
Nick says:
Do it.
Do it Adam.
You addict.
You know you want to Adam.
We could look sexy in our costumes Adam.
Only B1 players can use our sexy costumes.
Nessy might join.
Then it will be hardcore.
Join Nessy.
You know you want too.
We can pretend you're princess Peach.
We'll love you anyway.

To summarise, buy it;)

Posted on 15 Jul 2012 16:57:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jul 2012 17:02:08 BDT
"We can pretend you're princess Peach."

Only Nessy and Tel are allowed to do that ;).

On topic, a little more Rainbow Moon for me today, but been too tired to play much TBH :P.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2012 16:59:55 BDT
Nick says:
**cries**
Is Rainbow Moon good? I'd be tempted if I was into turn based RPG's... alas, I am not.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2012 17:02:34 BDT
Preordered it :P.

And yeah it's good, but if you don't like turn-based games, this won't change your mind :P.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2012 17:12:30 BDT
Have you seen some of the recent Borderlands 2 footage? Looks awesome :).

Posted on 15 Jul 2012 17:33:35 BDT
Telik says:
Of late I have been totally hooked on DC Universe Online on the PS3. Fun game and really like playing with Joker as my mentor lol.

Posted on 15 Jul 2012 17:34:29 BDT
Uncharted 3, disc for 2 won't read, need to get another copy.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2012 17:57:34 BDT
Nick says:
GTTV? Yeah, it looks awesome!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2012 17:59:11 BDT
I've been watching the footage on Destructoid/Rev3Games, but it's probably all the same gameplay anyway :p.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2012 18:08:48 BDT
Nick says:
GTTV have most of a 20 minute episode on it.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  388
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  14 Aug 2009
Latest post:  13 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions