Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Ghost Recon Future Soldier thread !

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 526-550 of 802 posts in this discussion
Posted on 2 Jun 2012 11:24:44 BDT
Sir Rodders says:
I finished the campaign last night and thought it was great. A great mix of action and stealth. There were a few issues but overall very impressed. And not an infinite spawning enemy checkpoint in sight. Bravo.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2012 11:27:54 BDT
Yes I will be on about 10 ish. Grand.

Posted on 2 Jun 2012 21:17:24 BDT
Sir Rodders says:
360 chaps - does the game let you join as a squad with less than 4 players?

Posted on 2 Jun 2012 21:35:10 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Jun 2012 21:42:19 BDT
MF says:
just finished the sp and thought I would try the multiplayer ...but Im having problems creating ubisoft account .... keeps asking me to verify email address and wont let me move on from this ...tried registering online and it throws me to a lock code and asks me to enter two words i hear or from a picture prompt ... but that aint working either ...not impressed with ubi !

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 09:06:26 BDT
MF says:
Managed to create my account finally ---- checked what other ubi games I had and managed to create one through driver. Ubi passport = silly idea.

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 10:05:52 BDT
Sir Rodders says:
And so another potentially decent online game on PS3 goes back in the box.

Spent about an hour last night trying to party up with Boony and Rick and what a joke it was.

Firstly it doesn't let you try to join a game as a squad with less than four players.
So, into the standard MP menu we went - took ages to find a game for us and after swapping hosts and game modes a few times it put us in a lobby on our own where over the course of 10 minutes 2 people joined. So we left again and tried once more. Eventually it put us into a squad in a lobby which had enough players to start a game. Joy. Maybe not, I could hear Boony, Boony could hear Rick and Myself and Rick could hear Boony. Then no one could hear me. Combined with the inability of Mojo and Timmy to be able to join anyone this can be filed with the rest of the PS3 games that should come with full refund as it does not work as sold - if it were a car, or a TV or a box of cereal you would be getting your money back. It should be no different with games but for some reason it seems to be acceptable to leave knowingly faulty goods in the market place.

Shame as I have loved the campaign and the coop worked with some.

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 10:11:06 BDT
Mr Mojito says:
So is that it rodders? Completely broken? I'm off to town in a mo so may trade it, not happy I've bought a dead duck hopefully there'll be a decent trade in offer but I fear not :(

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 10:22:16 BDT
Hey lads it's such a shame to hear about these problems on ps3. I didn't buy the ps3 version as i feared it just wouldn't have the community, i thought it would actually work ok in this day and age.

Sort it out ubi ... Or get an Xbox lads !

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 10:32:42 BDT
Sir Rodders says:
Has worked fine if I want to play the MP on my own Bauer. But I prefer to play with mates and there is a squad system integrated into the MP ffs.

Mojo - couldn't find any partying up joy at all last night. The one game we did make in together and the comms were broken to hell. We never found a way of connecting to Timmy either despite him following plenty of router advice to allow him to join.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2012 11:10:52 BDT
Cerberus says:
Just play with randoms Rodders it's land of the mutes on PS3, tactical game and no one talks unless they're American and even they get pissed at the lack of communication from the vast majority of players.

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 11:12:50 BDT
Just checked this stats and as we speak 15834 people are playing on xbox whilst 7754 are playing on PS3. Glad I got it on xbox as it looks as though the community is twice teh size compared to PS3 and will only get bigger.
Z
Your reply to Seņor Z ( zorton )'s post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2012 11:14:34 BDT
Nick. says:
That's a low number on both consoles though; most likely due to it being earlyish, and most Americans will be asleep.

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 11:17:02 BDT
Sir Rodders says:
I know Cerb but I really wanted us to have a crack at this as a squad and get quite good at it. Often some people aren't fussed about the objectives and just play it as TDM but I was hoping this would give the RATS something different in shooty shooty land.

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 11:17:45 BDT
Would imagine so nic -mind you, they could be eating while they sleep -They do enjoy their food and
super sizing.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2012 11:19:27 BDT
Nick. says:
'mind you, they could be eating while they sleep -They do enjoy their food and
super sizing.'
lol!

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 12:51:50 BDT
Mr Mojito says:
Traded it, I too like rodders bought it for the coop/tactical experience and as that ain't gonna happen may as well bow out now.

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 13:22:48 BDT
Ghost recon is mainly an American audience so them figures will rise considerably when they get up. Mind u it's never going to have players of cod etc is it, it's def more of a niche shooter.

In saying that I'm not surprised there are alot less on ps3. Like I said it seems to me Ps3 online seems to be all about COD & BF games , everything else seems to be dead after 6 months . It could just be my perception and bad luck trying to play older games . As i hear MAG still has lots of players and I did get a game of Killzone 3 recently .

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2012 13:26:57 BDT
Nick. says:
It varies from game to game; vegas 2 still has players.

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 21:07:08 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 3 Jun 2012 21:08:58 BDT]

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 21:17:27 BDT
^^^ what did that say ?

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 21:22:47 BDT
Was wondering the exact same thing. It was deleted within a minute of being posted. Amazon are in flying form today - they deleted one of my posts earlier from the xbox thread. No profanity - just asked if photos had been taken from the night out the lads had in London yesterday evening.
Makes you wonder ?

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 21:31:53 BDT
Derp, what it said was anyone else having problems with the online? I keep getting dc'd midway and there is severe lagg in quite a lot of the games.

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 21:52:36 BDT
The 360 is no walk in the park in MP - mad occasional lag (headless spawns, people hopping all over the map, bullet sponges) and kicks during games, freezing in lobbies - a few sessions I have just given up. When it settles the MP is great and in fairness this is about 80% of the time. Ubi severs are clearly a bit pants.

In co-op it has been really easy - party up, invite and play - think I have had one kick at the start of one game.

Overall co-op is more important to me than solo MP so pleased I went 360 on this one.

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 23:32:40 BDT
It's enjoyable MP, albeit there is a lot of camping going on, other than that if you play carefully and tactically it's quite enjoyable. What ruins the experience is the server unreliability and stupid matchmaking.

Posted on 4 Jun 2012 06:13:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jun 2012 06:14:15 BDT
Morning - Played a hefty stint of Co-Op with Grandmaster Flash John and the "Herbert the Pervert" Ollie.

Was good going, really enjoyed the missions and they aren't 'easy' on elite, but by no means are they hard. Also, when Ollie's had a few, he becomes a beast sniper! My only critisisim of the Co-Op is the accuracy of some of the enemies as one hit kills tend to happen quite often during a fire fight to ourselves, but it still takes 6-9 bullets to kill one of them. Also... the A.I is hopeless, other than that he is invincable.

Other than that, and alos getting frustrated at the fact that we were shattered at 0130am Saturday...it is a great game. I'm yet to delve into the "full-version" of the MP [played the closed BETA] so looking forward to that.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa9df5378)

This discussion

Participants:  55
Total posts:  802
Initial post:  19 Apr 2012
Latest post:  14 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions