Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Playstation Vita

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 5151-5175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 30 May 2012 13:06:42 BDT
Must be hoping to cash in on all of the glowing reviews.

Posted on 30 May 2012 13:08:16 BDT
Bauer says:
LOL Ant ... i was surprised by the £36 price tag shop to gave Resistance, £26-28 I would of gave it a go.

Posted on 30 May 2012 16:30:48 BDT
Gametrailers gave it 8.1/10 - mixed revies kind of.

Posted on 30 May 2012 17:32:51 BDT
Nick says:
@Ollie, they are mixed as there have been awful ones; some decent ones too.
Played the Gravity Rush demo, I am rather impressed.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2012 17:53:55 BDT
Gaz I had it pre-ordered for £29.99 on amazon, but cancelled it last friday because I needed the cash for more important things!!!
Kept my Gravity Rush pre-order though and the Demo is on the PS Store. :)

I'll pick up Resistance later this summer, hopefully it'll be cheaper too.

Posted on 30 May 2012 18:03:21 BDT
yeah, I'd still buy it probably for £15 as I could do with a FPS game to play :P And good, seriously have high expectations for Gravity rush :)

Posted on 30 May 2012 21:24:46 BDT
John morris says:
IGN have just reviewed gravity rush and have given it 7.5/10,to be fair I was expecting it to score higher.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2012 21:32:44 BDT
Nick says:
Just tried the demo and loved it. It's the kind of game that some people will love apparently.

Posted on 30 May 2012 21:39:16 BDT
John morris says:
Nicholas,

There is no doubt it's a good game but I guess the expectations were always going to be too high.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2012 22:02:32 BDT
Nick says:
I know it means nothing, but it's metacritic is 87, higher than Max Payne's. Only one 'mixed' review, unsurprisingly from Destructoid.

Posted on 30 May 2012 22:11:58 BDT
djburty says:
i don't really go with review scores as they just seem a bit pointless and i'm unsure what reference point they are using. i'll read the comments, but usually with a pinch of salt as i know that reviewers often write for the mainstream gamers whereas my preferences are a bit more niche.

i liked the gravity rush demo - but i would still prefer a decent exclusive jrpg.

Posted on 30 May 2012 22:56:10 BDT
Loved the gravity rush demo, cant wait for the full game, shame it took me longer to download the demo than it did to finish it!!! just getting into it and it ended!!

Posted on 31 May 2012 08:06:20 BDT
yeah, loved the demo, the little movable '3D' cut scene thingy was cool. :)

Posted on 31 May 2012 09:54:38 BDT
Not played the GR demo yet - noticed that the store has discounted a few more PSP games though and picked up the White Knight Chronicles PSP game for £6.99 too.

Posted on 31 May 2012 10:03:30 BDT
I enjoyed the demo, but it didnt give you much opportunity to just run about and get a proper feel, it was tutorial-heavy its fine i just wish i could have seen just alittle bit more

Posted on 31 May 2012 17:44:07 BDT
I just watched IGN's review and although I expected an 8+ the gameplay in the video makes me really want to play it! Graphics look great and I love the art style so much, gameplay looks fluid too. Can't wait to own it.

Posted on 1 Jun 2012 07:47:34 BDT
Bazlurgan says:
Looks like Youtube is on it's way to the Vita soon...

From the PS Blog:

Hi everyone! PlayStation Vita was developed with the idea of creating and delivering compelling content for all of you gamers. With the recent announcements of applications such Paint Park, Treasure Park and Wake-up Club, and Skype, we¡¯re continuing to build out PS Vita¡¯s portfolio of applications. Today, we¡¯re very excited to announce the latest application addition to PS Vita ¨C YouTube.

Coming this late June, YouTube will be available as a free downloadable application for PS Vita in You Tube serviced territories* via the PlayStation Store on PS Vita. With the YouTube application on PS Vita, you can watch millions of YouTube channels and videos on the stunning 5¡å OLED screen, from comedy to gaming tips to today¡¯s viral trends. The YouTube application features many of the functions you¡¯re already familiar with ¨C you can easily search for videos, choose favorites and make comments. Your personal YouTube account is available right on your PS Vita by logging into your account, you can access your channel subscriptions to watch videos from your favourite creators.

As we move further into 2012, we look forward to introducing you to more unique, social and immersive experiences only available on PS Vita. What are some of your favorite YouTube videos? Which ones are you most excited to see from your PS Vita?

*The You Tube application for PS Vita will be available from the PlayStation Store in the following You Tube serviced territories:

Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United

Posted on 1 Jun 2012 08:38:52 BDT
G. S. Rai says:
hi guys
resistance has a trial version on the store. i tried it on the way to work . its ok, i didnt think it was bad by any means but i wasnt blown away by it. i can see what the reviewers meant by the graphics not being great. it wasnt much of a leap from the PSP resistance game. it played pretty well and the exploding cross bow weapon was fun to use.
im busy with unit 13 anyway so i wont buy resistance until the price comes down, but i think i will get it eventually

Posted on 1 Jun 2012 09:48:30 BDT
I received my copy of resistance yesterday and I think it is a good game certainly not as bad as the reviews. I think it is fun to play and I like the controls it is a proper fps. I have play games that are a lot worse that have gotten higher review scores.

The only thing I can think is that it is being compared to the other resistance games directly and in it is a lower standard to them but still a good game.

Posted on 1 Jun 2012 11:02:31 BDT
Bauer says:
Cheers Drakus , good to hear mate, as soon as it drops a bit ill grab a copy.

Posted on 1 Jun 2012 11:14:52 BDT
Yeah I downloaded the trial version at about 1am, Burning Skies must have gone up at midnight. Liked what I played, think I'll actually get it sooner rather than later.

Posted on 1 Jun 2012 11:51:34 BDT
I'll download the trial in a moment :)

Has anyone got Lego HP 5-7 on Vita? I heard bad reviews but after watching youtube videos it doesnt really look too bad, people criticised the graphics but really it looks similar to the console versions imo. I have seen it cheap some places so may pick it up.

Posted on 1 Jun 2012 13:49:42 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jun 2012 13:52:20 BDT
Yep, got the platinum on it a week back. I'm told it's a port of the PSP/3DS version but graphically it's closer to the big-boy consoles. I really enjoyed the game but don't expect it to take more than 8 hours to complete the story (12 to platinum). If you buy it and get stuck at any point, give me a shout. Some of the minikits are pretty deviously hidden!

I went for it with buying Resistance: BS ( this is how weak I am). Have now played through the first level and genuinely enjoyed it. OK, so it looks and feels a bit more R2 than R3, but taken on face value it's fairly impressive. Though linear I found that first level had a good sense of urgency - it wills you to keep moving and I liked it for some reason. There are a few technical constraints (enemies quite often explode - something I've not seen in Resistance before - presumably to hide the fact they disappear after dying otherwise!) but the control system works competently. Touch is used quite sparingly and is mostly useful rather than detracting from the experience. As with most of the series the weapons are the star (the odd crossbow/shotgun hybrid is an early favourite) and upgrades seem pretty easy to come by.

All in all it's looking like a solid game. First impressions suggest a 6/10 would be fair. Depends on the MP really - if that's cracking then the package may well be worthy of a 7. My main concern is that I managed an entire level in half an hour of my lunch break - there's only six in total.

Posted on 1 Jun 2012 14:47:34 BDT
djburty says:
"My main concern is that I managed an entire level in half an hour of my lunch break - there's only six in total. "

this is probably the main issue - devs seem to think handheld games need to be shorter than main console games, whereas i would like a decent length to the vita games. I guess it comes down to the size of the memory cards that the games are stored on.

Posted on 1 Jun 2012 15:26:20 BDT
thanks Ant, I will pick it up during the Summer possibly. Hopefully for £15 by then. Then I can allow for the 8 hour gameplay :) I am looking to platinum it after first playthrough so I may ask you for some help! :D
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  307
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  22 Nov 2011
Latest post:  5 Sep 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions