Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

HD re-releases

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 120 posts in this discussion
Posted on 10 Jul 2012 16:50:42 BDT
Ironically Perfect Dark HD was one of the factors for my 360 purchase. I found the 360 joysticks too 'floaty' for PD HD which is bizarre as it's much better controller than the damned dualshock; hate that thing with it's poor ergonomics and terrible joysticks.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2012 16:52:46 BDT
Rob says:
Thanks both Adam and Steven...

The Shenmue rumour was from ages ago so I guessed it might have been canned, its a shame really as that is the one I would really want but I'll make do with some TH and Jet Set Radio retro fun.

Posted on 10 Jul 2012 16:54:04 BDT
Crixus says:
I so wanted abes oddyssey and exoduss, absolutely gutted they got cancelled :(

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2012 16:55:10 BDT
Rob says:
They would have made great HD remakes, I bought the standard version of Exodus from PSN/SEN but haven't got round to playing it yet... One day!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2012 16:55:14 BDT
Ness says:
I would also love Shenmue 1 & 2 HD on XBL / PSN (altho it would prob ruin the memories i have of them), i would buy them so they could use the funds to make the third one ;).

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2012 16:57:02 BDT
Trigger says:
I know Munch's Odyssey HD is still planned, although I don't know if it'll come to the 360 after MS tried so hard to stop Stranger's Wrath HD getting a 360 release. Are they supposed to be re-doing the two Abe games in HD as well?

I think HD collections are great, and like someone said on the previous page, if you don't want them then they are easily ignored. Usually it's smaller developers who handle to conversion so it's not like it's taking resources away from new game developments.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2012 17:10:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Jul 2012 17:11:27 BDT
"But you guys do realise that you can play HD versions of all these games right now? Just get the PC version and crank the resolution up."

Mozza I know its hard to imagine such a thing but some of us dont actually own a PC ... dun dun dah !!!

Posted on 10 Jul 2012 17:16:30 BDT
Hunter says:
HD re-make/releases I would like to see -

Flashback (Originally on SNES/Megadrive)
Fantasy World Dizzy (Almost all Dizzy games tbh but this is one of the best)
Final Fantasy XII (Probably coming anyway after FFX HD appears)
Legend of Zelda : A Link to the Past (I would buy a Wii U/3DS just for this if it ever happens)

Posted on 10 Jul 2012 17:23:13 BDT
Bauer, you're telling me that there are people on this forum who don't own a laptop?!

Or if you're using Mac then fair enough.

Posted on 10 Jul 2012 17:24:30 BDT
I think there needs to be a ZX Spectrum HD collection...

Posted on 10 Jul 2012 17:31:52 BDT
Rye-Rye-Vita says:
The Oddworld games haven't been cancelled but are taking longer to be released as they are basically starting again with the games. They are due out next summer so there is more work to do.
For me, it's all about Hitman HD collection. Would love to see this finally get confirmed!

Posted on 10 Jul 2012 19:43:31 BDT
I would not give up on that shenmue collection just yet, i think it will come.(they will be download only though)

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2012 22:00:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Jul 2012 22:01:15 BDT
Yes Mozza I'm willing to bet there people that use this forum at work only and don't own a pc or laptop, I could be wrong.

I will admit I do own a laptop and i am a pc tech phobe and I didn't realise my laptop could play games like splinter cell emulated to HD, nice surprise especially as its not a HD Screen ! Sweet how do i do this ??

Posted on 10 Jul 2012 22:26:56 BDT
Instead of emulating Splinter Cell, it would be easier just to buy or 'acquire' a PC copy. Better graphics than the terrible PS2 version and will run smoother too.

I got one free with a £7 PC magazine about 8 years ago.

Posted on 10 Jul 2012 23:01:33 BDT
I've bought a few HD re-releases. Resi 4, Silent Hill collection, Ic and SotC, MGS collection. Unlike some I haven't kept my PS2 (gave it to my sister's boyfriend, now husband, years ago) so it's been nice to play them again without that initial "Oh my god that looks terrible" moment I've had with PSN store DL's of PS2/PS1 games. I do get used to the old textures on none HD remakes after a while but my memory takes beating as what I remember something looking like and what it does can often be two different things.

I did recently DL GTA Vice City from Steam and agree with Paul, for me it's a sit on a sofa, a beer on the side and controller in hand kind of game. Maybe GTA 3, VC or SA don't look graphically as good as GTA IV but they have much more character, style and fun than IV by a very long way IMO. It wasn't just the transition into 3D, for console gaming it had more adult orientated story lines and violence, they were big sandbox playgrounds with a cool soundtrack. It's all subjective but for me GTA 4 was the least deserving of the hype surrounding it. If it wasn't for R* other output this gen (RDR, LA Noir) I'd be really disappointed with them.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2012 23:36:37 BDT
Well I've got splinter cell hd coll now anyway, but I'm intrigued to know will older games like this work on a 3 year old Sony Viao ?? I wouldn't mind playing games like Hitman! I assumed they wouldn't work unless I installed some kind of graphics card??

I am useless with computers ! As ur can tell : )

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 00:44:37 BDT
Bauer, Splinter Cell is ancient by now, it would probably run on your toaster!

Hitman as well, I guarantee your 3 year old Sony Vaio would handle it and make it look better than the HD collections.

Right click on my computer and go to properties, should tell you the system specs.

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 00:48:18 BDT
Cheers mate I'll hAve to try some older PC games then, cheers

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 10:22:34 BDT
Sir Rodders says:
My laptop plays Civ IV really well. Just a shame I had to stop playing it as I couldn't put it down. Have recently been looking at Medieval II but unsure.

One thing that stops me playing other types of game on PC / Laptop is that I really cannot get on with keys and mouse set up otherwise would love to have a look at some of the older games on PC.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2012 10:37:14 BDT
"Bauer, you're telling me that there are people on this forum who don't own a laptop?!"

Yes! Me. I own neither a laptop nor a PC, nor a Mac.

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 10:40:21 BDT
I thought that the HD Trilogy for Splinter Cell was made using the PC versions of the games, rather than using the PS2 ports.

Also, out of curiosity, I used that Can You Run It website to see if I could run SC on my laptop, and apparently I can't ;P.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2012 10:40:49 BDT
"I so wanted abes oddyssey and exoduss, absolutely gutted they got cancelled :("

Munch's Oddyssey has been done and the dev is currently in talks with MS to get it up on live, if that does well you never know the others might make an appearance.

If you really can't wait though both Abe's games are available on on-live, priced at a couple of £ each.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2012 11:09:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Jul 2012 11:10:26 BDT
"Also, out of curiosity, I used that Can You Run It website to see if I could run SC on my laptop, and apparently I can't ;P."

I have used that site too and thats why I was very surprised by Mozza claims that my Laptop can play all these games. Cause i was on there for an hour or so and the only game my laptop could play acording to that site was Sims 3.

I just assumed I my graphics card couldnt play 3D games, but like I said i dont know enough to argue the fact.

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 11:15:43 BDT
jack says:
What about an elder scrolls 1,2,3 classics

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2012 11:30:17 BDT
Morrowind maybe, but weren't the others largely text-based?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  31
Total posts:  120
Initial post:  10 Jul 2012
Latest post:  31 Jul 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions