Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Voyage Shop Now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Rumor: New CoD is set in WW1 with alternate realities, PS4/XB1/PC only

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-35 of 35 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2014 14:51:50 BDT
J. Morgan says:
Did World at War do considerably worse?

Worst selling CoD since it went "Modern".

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2014 14:54:05 BDT
Ness says:
I hadn't seen it but have just watched it... They could have just called it Blops III lol.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2014 15:08:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2014 15:08:59 BDT
mmmm Maybe taking away from Modern Day would hurt sales ?

For me I don't really care what the setting is, I just want better game SP wise. Ghosts was move in the right direction, it had a narrative you could follow and have decent characters. Although it was still too Michael Bay/ Roland Emmerich stylee, why does it always need to be the end of the world?

Think of all the great war movies in world, do they have country destroying satellites , or nuclear bombs falling like rain. No, they are about a certain squad or certain operation, why cant we have game that focused?

Imagine a single player that captured the fear and chaos of something like Black Hawk Down, a FPS that explored relationships between soldiers and made you care when your fellow man was suddenly killed.

Or simply Imagine what Naughty Dog could do if they were told to make a FPS modern day military shooter? I guarantee the results would be far closed to Spec-Ops the Line than it would any COD game.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2014 15:16:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2014 15:16:45 BDT
J. Morgan says:
"mmmm Maybe taking away from Modern Day would hurt sales" ?

I would think so, although near future might just be familiar enough while adding something extra.

I enjoyed Sniper Elite 2 which I got in the Easter sale. I'll be getting part 3. Can't see myself getting CoD based on the trailer.

Posted on 2 May 2014 16:03:33 BDT
How about they just make Timesplitters 4 and allow you to jump between every war, the future, even medieval war so you can blow away knights with your boomstick.

Posted on 2 May 2014 16:25:34 BDT
I'd love an online multiplayer based on the Samurai! Katanas and Bow and Arrows, that would be awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2014 16:40:23 BDT
R says:
Yep.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2014 17:31:41 BDT
"which is why they came up with Destiny."

I get your point, but saying they came up with Destiny is a little bit of a stretch. Maybe Activision realise the bubble will burst or maybe not, WW11 games doing worse didn't stop them driving Guitar Hero into the ground. wasn't Neversoft one of the devs for Guitar Hero? Now what has that developer done recently? Oh yeah, COD: Ghost's Extinction Mode.

Supposedly Sledgehammer are concentrating on the SP story, granted that means nothing until we play it because it's just PR hot-air, but if we took them at their word it might be promising. It certainly looks really nice (even for a XB1 trololololo) whether that's actual game footage I didn't see. Can we infer from the trailer a couple of things? Firstly the climbing walls. If that makes it's way into the MP then that strikes me as adding something new. Hover bikes are cool. They also look like soldiers can jump higher/long distances which obviously has Titanfall's Pilot comparisons and might bring a new dimension to CODs MP.

I thought I could be all negative about it, "I'm out", but I'm feeling chipper today. If it's anything like Ghosts I'll almost certainly wont buy as I've barely touched it after finishing the SP and played a handful of hours on the MP (Cod has been my go to FPS MP since COD4).

Posted on 2 May 2014 17:39:00 BDT
Ness says:
It's a bit unfair comparing W@W sales with the later CoD sales, the game never really exploded in popularity until it got huge on Youtube with Modern Warfare 2 in 2009.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2014 08:41:15 BDT
I would argue the COD games exploded with COD 4 (MW1) didn't it ness? previous to COD 4, COD was just MOH little brother, then some bright spark had the idea of making it modern day and woopah !
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  30 Apr 2014
Latest post:  6 May 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions