Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Official Where's My "Where's my BLOPS2?" Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 102 posts in this discussion
Posted on 13 Nov 2012 13:06:32 GMT
moomoosmum says:
i preordered for delivery today and it has not arrived :(
my normal postie and parcel postie have been and no game
i have contacted amazon as my delivery day should be today
and they have told me it should still be arriving and royal mail are aware today is release day
and said they might be coming in a seperate van and that i should give it till 5pm
i dont see it myself :(

Posted on 13 Nov 2012 13:11:21 GMT
Solar Fox says:
Mine arrived this morning from Amazon, same as Sanchez.

Posted on 13 Nov 2012 13:12:01 GMT
O. Turpin says:
Dispatched yesterday at 4, first class
Felt optimistic but it has not arrived
Slightly disappointed, but 1 day isn't going to make much difference.
Jumped on the bandwagon again this year, and in truth CoD doesn't excite me anymore like it used to.

Posted on 13 Nov 2012 13:15:54 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Nov 2012 13:19:19 GMT
Wichita Jack says:
Had the dispatch email last night, expected to get it today, which is the way its happened before for pre-orders from Amazon. This is the second time Amazon have delivered a pre-ordered game late, you expect better with them. Never had a courier deliver a game before, so could potentially happen today.

Posted on 13 Nov 2012 13:16:49 GMT
MF says:
its not late yet.

Posted on 13 Nov 2012 13:17:20 GMT
AstroMonkey says:
Excellent news Grayfox so shall you be teaming up with friends tonight to play the mp......Ohh sorry, how insensitive of me. I forgot you don't have any.

Posted on 13 Nov 2012 13:18:30 GMT
Dean172 says:
well when it does arrive as mine did this morning be prepared to wait for it to install through the steam client, so far its been 3 hours and counting, and only at 57% with an average download speed of over 800kb/s

Posted on 13 Nov 2012 13:18:39 GMT
AndyBSG says:
Moaning about pre-orders always makes me chuckle.

Surely people order online becuase it's cheaper and one of the trade off is that you're relying on the lottery of postal/courier services delivering it which is out of the retailers hands?

If I want a game on release day I use an old fashioned thing called a High Street and just accept i'll pay roughly the price of a pint more to get it.

I guess that's beyond most 14 year olds nowadays though as sending them from their smelly little bed rooms out into the fresh air to walk to shops, getting some actual exercise in the process, and see the outside world is tantamount to child abuse nowadays!

Posted on 13 Nov 2012 13:20:45 GMT
Only 13:20 I'll give it until 15:30 before I start to worry.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012 13:21:18 GMT
RABB says:
Plus they might be asked for ID.

Amazon shouldn't really be sending games the day before after guaranteeing release-day delivery but then if people are that bothered they should do a bit of research over what's the best way to get it to them on release.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012 13:22:11 GMT
"Excellent news Grayfox so shall you be teaming up with friends tonight to play the mp......Ohh sorry, how insensitive of me. I forgot you don't have any."

LOL ... he does... Bali loves him

Posted on 13 Nov 2012 13:32:01 GMT
Solar Fox says:
Astro, i'll probably just do the SP first before I go mp, as it does tend to be laggy if you can even get into a game. I'm on PS3 unfortunately. I'll try it but won't expect much yet.

I have a handfull of real friends that play. I've never had a huge number of friends though. But I'm sure you have loads of friends to choose from.

Will you be playing it tonight then?

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012 13:33:17 GMT
Solar Fox says:
Balli's my bestest friend. ;)

Posted on 13 Nov 2012 13:38:02 GMT
Silcrows says:
Do you need to sign for it if you used Royal Mail first class?

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012 13:41:56 GMT
Solar Fox says:
No, only if it's recorded or special.

Posted on 13 Nov 2012 13:47:05 GMT
It will be posed ready for my dog to chew up into hundreds of pieces.

Posted on 13 Nov 2012 13:50:28 GMT
Nessy says:
What's with the gang mentality lately against Grayfox ?.

If you don't like him or his posts put him on ignore, getting a bit tiresome seeing people lay into him over and over again for no good reason...

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012 14:24:02 GMT
C. White says:
That's a bit of a pretentious statement, no?

Unfortunately not everyone is able to make it out to a shop on release day due to things like work, disabilities and a variety of other reasons. Making a sweeping statement that anyone who cannot get to a shop is a smelly 14 year old is quite insulting.

Should people in these situations miss out on a release date just because they aren't able to make it to a shop?

Yes, to a degree we are relying on another postal/courier service. However should Amazon not be looking to work closely with these companies to try and ensure they can fulfil orders which they themselves are "confident" will arrive on the day of release?

Yes, it may not be entirely Amazons fault, but Amazon will take a lot of fallout if they don't meet the demands that they appear to offer.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012 14:28:26 GMT
Mike E says:
Does getting a game a day or 2 late really matter? Especially if you're saving money

Posted on 13 Nov 2012 14:34:59 GMT
AndyBSG says:
"That's a bit of a pretentious statement, no?"

No, it's a tongue in cheek statement that is just a bit of a joke for those who haven't had a sense of humour transplant...

I also fail to believe that anyone who wants the game cannot get to a shop to get it on release day if they want it that badly. There's lunch hours to pop to shops and plenty of supermarkets with late night opening, we're no longer living in the 1970's where shops are only open 9 to 5 for 6 days a week!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012 14:36:49 GMT
DragonsGash says:
We landed on the moon!!!!

Posted on 13 Nov 2012 14:58:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Nov 2012 15:00:22 GMT
I'm actually quite annoyed! Mine didn't arrive in the post today and I always use Amazon. I'm not happy.

They will be getting a letter of complaint and I'm definitely going to call them up to get a refund on delivery costs, just no way I'm standing for it when I live so close to the warehouse.

*** EDIT *** It's ok I forgot that I wasn't actually interested in ordering it...my bad.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012 15:09:20 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 13 Nov 2012 15:16:00 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012 15:20:40 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Nov 2012 15:24:03 GMT
"What's with the gang mentality lately against Grayfox ?"

Your being a tad over melodramatic there Nessy, it was one joke from Astro saying he doesnt have and friends i said he did, its hardly a scene from scum.

I do have GF on ignore cause we both agree we dont get on. And even tho we dont, ill say one thing for GF he can hold his own and gives out far more than he takes. So he doesnt need defending from big naty boys !

And nothing is more tiresome than the overly sensative making mountains of molehill posts!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012 15:26:26 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Nov 2012 15:27:17 GMT
Nessy says:
Im sure he can look after himself i just don't get the hate he gets, esp in the past week.

Over the years this forum has evolved to the point that the regulars don't bicker amongst each other anymore, if we don't like someone then skim over their posts without reading them or better yet put them on ignore.

Im glad you have each other on ignore although it seems you both still can't get over the fact one of you loves MGS4 and the other doesn't with the 4 or 5 comments per week from each of you, obviously aimed at the other.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  44
Total posts:  102
Initial post:  13 Nov 2012
Latest post:  15 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions