Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

New arrivals this E3???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 134 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 04:57:42 GMT
JBMk1 says:
Apparently even tho Japan have Yaakuza 5 (and indeed 1&2 HD) there are currently no moves to do western release/translation. Though I suspect this may be marketing ploy to drum up interest (Fingers crossed)

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 05:00:14 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2013 05:29:54 GMT
JBMk1 says:
The last guardian would be nice finally. Have waited so long it better be good :)
Also no more CoD and the like EVER and let gaming go back to what it was before they ever existed.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 07:45:27 GMT
Nick. says:
I'm intrigued, why do you not want Gearbox to make a new Duke Nukem?
Gearbox only finished off a title that had been in development for a long time, so it was always going to be poor. They *could* do something good with the license, but Duke is a bit dated to say the least.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 08:25:03 GMT
Matthew says:
Tales games on Sony consoles out number Tales games on Nintendo machines 4 to 1. And given recent release trends by Namco Bandai with this series, expecting the next on a Sony console isn't unrealistic.

In regards to Star Ocean, that's grasping at straws a bit. Star Ocean 4 was a timed exclusive on Microsofts 360 machine. You're welcome to believe otherwise though.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 08:26:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2013 08:32:10 GMT
Matthew says:
White Knight Chronicles series, Dark Cloud series, Rogue Galaxy, and a few other random RPGs for handheld machines.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 09:09:24 GMT
djburty says:
Not to mention the awesomeness that is dragonquest 8! I also loved jeanne dŽarc on the psp.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 09:13:34 GMT
Matthew says:
I would love a Dragon Quest 8 HD, given the graphical style of the game, it would really shine.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 09:34:00 GMT
jeanne dŽarc was amazing. Any chance of that on the PSN?!

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 09:38:06 GMT
Level 5 did Dragon Quest IX on the DS. Its a brilliant game.

Havent played Ni No Kuni yet, doubt I ever will tbh.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 09:40:13 GMT
Seems to be a even higher percentage of gaming snobs on the forum these days dissing COD. Does it really get to you that so many people like a game you don't or is it just the fact you want to fit in with the other snobs? "I'm too good for COD, I'm too good for COD!!"

Concentrate on what you like. Stop being such a bunch of negative barstewards

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 09:42:31 GMT
Mr. X says:
Dry your eyes Dave.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 09:49:34 GMT
I smell Emo...

Return to your crypt Richard.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 09:52:08 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 6 Feb 2013 09:53:35 GMT]

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 09:55:39 GMT
Matthew says:
Wow I guess this forum must have active mods. That comment someone made lasted less than 2 minutes lol.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 09:56:28 GMT
Matthew says:
Wasn't that already on PSN? I remember seeing jeanne dŽarc ages back.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 10:07:20 GMT
Its not that im snobbish towards COD. I'm just sick of the constant sequels, and because Activision every year sell multi million copies of it, the other devs decide to do clones, which are never even close to as good, instead of working on some better/different games. The modern shooter games are ten to the dozen and are boring now! EA have started making MOH to combat COD when instead they couldve used that time and money to improve Battlefield. And because of the guarenteed yearly release, it has forced DICE/EA to bring out BF4 only 2 years after BF3. BF2 lasted for about 5 years, with 4 huge expansion packs!

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 10:10:36 GMT
Mr. X says:
I just want Fallout 4.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 10:20:29 GMT
So its COD's fault other devs make crap clones? BS.

Moden Shooters aren't just going to dissapear. Cod outsells everything because, funnily enough, its good. People enjoy it. Simple really.

Rather than bashing the easy target why not concentrate your negativity on the second hand market. The lost millions that never make it into the developers pockets forcing studios to shut and the "different/better games" you mention less likely to be made.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 10:33:26 GMT
Unfortunately yes. Indirectly it is CODs fault. The game devs arent run by the artists who make the games, they're run by business men, who's job it is to make money, they follow the paper trail which for some reason, leads to modern shooters, biggest of which is COD, if Activision decide that modern shooters are dry, and start making WWII shooters again, provided people buy it the other devs will follow. Same thing happened last gen with Tony Hawks, that was selling like hot cakes, other devs followed suit and flooded the market with cheap clones.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 10:42:04 GMT
Bozz says:
"they follow the paper trail which for some reason, leads to modern shooters"

That reason would be money, which comes from sales, which in turn comes from having a good product. End of the day, like it or not, CoD is actually a decent game.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 10:42:45 GMT
One COD a year and MoH/BF every alternate year is hardly flooding the market.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 10:47:48 GMT
djburty says:
"Wasn't that already on PSN? I remember seeing jeanne dŽarc ages back."

not in the uk - never been released over here, i had an imported umd. i think it may be available in the US ps store.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 10:57:04 GMT
So in essence your blaming the game for being successful. In your eyes it too successful. What do you suggest? A cap whereby if any games sells over X amount production must stop other wise it will get too successful and the industry will start making crap clones?? How can you stop a game being too successful?

Are you not getting it a bit ar$e about face? Surely it's the industry to blame.

You mention Tony Hawks. Does that not underline its not the franchise that leads to crap clones and less diversity in the types of games, it's the suits making their buck.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 11:36:14 GMT
MF says:
your a nob if you like cod -- dont forget that !
And your totally cool if you pretend to hate it.

Signed -- nob ,
will be on cod tonight , might see some other nobs there for a few games :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 11:53:38 GMT
"Capcom to never let another Resident Evil be made... nearly impossible.. but I have hope."

Actually while they still plan on making more games there might be some hope of it going back to it's roots, numerous people from Capcom have been making statements to the gaming press over the last week or so which basically sum up to "RE6 was pants and bombed, we need to rethink the direction we're taking the series in".
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  35
Total posts:  134
Initial post:  4 Feb 2013
Latest post:  16 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions