Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 5 Oct 2011 19:01:53 BDT
Friday night is going dark! ;)
*tips hat* my Lady.

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 19:17:31 BDT
Lady M says:
Hey Stew *preparing to die curtsey*

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2011 22:35:50 BDT
*Gets out big feckin' flame shield* Worry not my Lady i'll do my best to protect you, or die trying!!

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 09:31:45 BDT
Trigger says:
"Yey..... Mine's been posted from Tesco too. Must admit wasn't expecting them to honour the 28 but fair play to em."

Tesco are really good with their vouchers - I actually spoke to a customer rep there are I was trying to stack those two vouchers and at first it didn't work, and they are well aware of people taking advantage of these offers and seem pretty comfortable with it. My copy was posted Tuesday and wasn't there yesterday, so I'm hoping it'll be there today. Considering I've just got Team Ico and Crysis though, I may not have as much time initially for Dark Souls as I'd intended.

I will add you other guys to the first post.

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 10:08:13 BDT
G. S. Rai says:
Hi Guys
i got it from tesco too - ps3 version.
cant wait to play it. Demons souls was possibly the best game ive ever played.

i was looking at some random wiki page on the game. what class are you going to choose? I wanted to be ready to choose the class quickly so i cna get straight into the game!
http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Classes

Im thinking wanderer. My first play through of Demons souls i was a knight which wasnt great from a speed and lack of magic perspective.

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 10:13:21 BDT
Trigger says:
I played it briefly at the EG Expo, and the knight in this definitely felt more agile than in Demon's. In fact, maybe it's because I was experienced with the controls or that it was only the training-type level, but it definitely felt more forgiving than the start of 1-1 in Demon's. Anyway, I'm guessing there won't be another Royalty-type character as they've been determined to make it harder, but it would be cool to get some tips on who would be the better characters to start with. I would definitely want a character who can use magic though, as in my one partial playthrough of Demon's with a melee-focused character it was a damn struggle compared to using a magic-proficient class.

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 10:15:28 BDT
In this magic is more limited though, so you'll still have to have some melee skills.

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 11:25:31 BDT
Home for half two today - hope it turned up a fit through the letterbox.

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 11:51:12 BDT
G. Hanks says:
Still no dispatch notice yet for me :-( Looks like I'm going to have to resign myself to playing it on Saturday. Dagnamit Amazon, was really looking forward to playing it tomorrow. Might have to reconsider preordering other games from here if it's a common occurence.

Cheers for posting the class list Rai. I went Temple knight last time and it worked fairly well, didn't really use magic and just stuck to melee and bow combat. Helped that I had some pretty awesome starting equipment too.

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 11:59:04 BDT
AKHTAR ALI says:
Im gonna be choosing Thief, cause then I can get the Master Key as a starting item, oh and my PSN is Abbas-TheDon

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 11:59:13 BDT
theres still time, they could dispatch at 5pm and it will still reach you.

But it seems a common thing on here with Amazon delivering games late, i dont buy from them

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 12:00:44 BDT
AKHTAR ALI says:
I've resigned myself to not be able to play it on Friday :(

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 12:01:22 BDT
No idea if my copy arrived today. Not too bothered as long as it arrives by tomorrow.

wrt class I'm not sure. I used the hunter in Demons Souls and that worked well. I think you can probably get by with any of them.

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 12:01:52 BDT
All classes get to choose a start-out gift, which includes the Master Key
Choosing the Thief just gives you the option of choosing a different gift whilst you keep the key

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 12:03:12 BDT
AKHTAR ALI says:
I know, but that way I can get two, and the Master Key is the only gift that you can't get in game

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 12:04:38 BDT
Why the f*ck would you want two Master Keys?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2011 12:08:24 BDT
AKHTAR ALI says:
Lol, I meant two gifts

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 12:10:26 BDT
What does the Master Key do?

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 12:11:27 BDT
What does any master key do?

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 12:11:36 BDT
AKHTAR ALI says:
It unlocks doors and things which otherwise you might need to find a key, and it has infinite uses

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 12:13:12 BDT
Hmmm, id rather find the key to said door/box/whatever

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 12:14:45 BDT
ShotoTiggs says:
Yeah, having a master key kinda seems like a cheat. :) Don;t put me down yet though, I'm not getting it yet. I'll stick it on my rental list though, try before I buy.

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 12:15:16 BDT
G. S. Rai says:
yeah it would be good to have the master key from the theif, but i'd prefer someone stronger at melee. annoying thing is that i want the pendant gift so i can see the whole story of the game but i want the master key too. aaaaaggghhh so confused and i havent even got the game yet!

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 12:15:46 BDT
Got mine you d!cks, got a lecture soon so will fire it up when I get back.

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 12:15:53 BDT
I think the doors that the Master Key unlocks allow access to shortcuts you couldn't otherwise use. I don't think its a case of it opening every door, I'd assume it just unlocks specific ones that's stay locked without it
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  109
Total posts:  5334
Initial post:  5 Oct 2011
Latest post:  27 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions