Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Playstation Vita

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4876-4900 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 15 May 2012 17:58:26 BDT
AdamD says:
hey guys Michael Patcher (an analyst) had a private interview with sony and microsoft and came out saying sony has a BIG unannounced title for the vita that he's excited about...

what do you think it could be and want do you want it to be?

Posted on 15 May 2012 18:01:25 BDT
AdamD says:
things that come to mind, GTA game, Monster hunter game, playstation all stars.

what would get me excited is a HD remake/remaster of ff7 as that would be very exciting although near impossible tbh.

Posted on 15 May 2012 18:08:14 BDT
If they remade it Vita only. There'd be a huge sales surge. Sony seems to have a good bond with Square too. I doubt it will ever happen though hah!

Posted on 15 May 2012 18:43:31 BDT
I read an interview with Square saying that a true HD remake of FF7 (to make it up the graphical par with the latest FF games) would take several years. They don't think they could do it justice as people would say it's either been changed too much or not enough.

Posted on 15 May 2012 19:06:47 BDT
AdamD says:
yeah i read that as well :( although an 'in development' announcement is still possible. but i seriously doubt it will ever come, especially to the vita, but it would definitely be a 'big' title that's for sure.

Posted on 15 May 2012 19:28:50 BDT
If i were you i would be looking towards something like blops 2 being released on vita or something similar, just a feeling im getting from it.

Posted on 15 May 2012 19:40:41 BDT
AdamD says:
but supposedly its completely unannounced, everyone knows a cod is on its way to the vita so it should be something completely unexpected, and BIG :D
although blops 2 may still be on its way as there are 20 unannounced games coming to ps3 and ps vita aswell as the ones we already know about such as the last of us, GOW, playstation all stars, lbp karting. E3 should be very interesting for playstation owners and im looking forward to it.

Posted on 15 May 2012 20:34:45 BDT
djburty says:
currently monster hunter, bioshock and COD have been announced for the vita so an unnounced title wouldn't be these.

i'd be tempted to think that Quantic Dream might have something up their sleeve as the vita might suit their style - although the recent tech demo suggests a ps3 game.

it'd be nice if either naughty dog or insomniac could do something bespoke for the vita. however, a nice new rpg from blizzard, bethesda, bioware or even square enix would be welcome.

Posted on 15 May 2012 21:24:06 BDT
naughty dog has already confirmed they are not going to be making a Vita game. They said somewhere they feel their company is best suited to home consoles. unfourtunately :c

A heavy rain-like game on Vita would be awesome though!

Posted on 15 May 2012 22:03:53 BDT
Nessy says:
I think it might be a new Killzone game.

Posted on 15 May 2012 22:39:34 BDT
AdamD says:
i think insomniac shut down, they either shut down or are no longer working exclusively for sony but i cant remember which.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012 22:49:04 BDT
A Portal Gun says:
Nah Insomniac are going strong. They're developing games for both Xbox and PS3 with EA now. A bit like Bungie and Activision.

Posted on 15 May 2012 23:35:13 BDT
AdamD says:
ah right. knew it was one of the two. have they announced anything since becoming third party?

Posted on 15 May 2012 23:37:20 BDT
djburty says:
possibly a new vita game .... ;)

Posted on 16 May 2012 16:24:40 BDT
not sure if anyone has posted this yet but lots of gameplay footage here of Soul Sacrafice, looks pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBH8O8b_0KI&feature=player_embedded#!

Posted on 17 May 2012 19:43:36 BDT
MGS HD Vita cover.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/535178_10150797495055986_285152375985_9940216_1765928804_n.jpg

Posted on 17 May 2012 19:45:09 BDT
Oh man, the girl on the left is HOT

Posted on 18 May 2012 15:39:07 BDT
Nick says:
Last night it was announced that the new Sly game is coming to vita, with cross game saving.

Posted on 18 May 2012 17:13:17 BDT
John morris says:
I still feel the Vita's issue is not lack of software or it's price,the machine is just too similar to a Ps3 so therefore will only appeal to a very small market.

When the 3ds had sales issues the machine itself was o.k as it offered a pretty good upgrade over the popular Ds,all the machine needed was a few decent software titles to be released for it,o.k the machines price drop helped but not as much as people think,after all a cheap console with no games is a useful as an expensive one with no games.

The original Psp had monster hunter as an exclusive which helped the machine in Japan,now even if the Vita gets monster hunter it will have nowhere near the same impact as the 3ds also has the title.

As I have said before I would buy a Vita again if there was a reason to do so,but at the moment I see little on the horizon to tempt me.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 May 2012 17:26:08 BDT
Nick says:
'Machine is just too similar to a PS3' The machine is 50% of what makes it fantastic. It has beautiful screens and two multitouch screens, something that sets it apart from the 3DS. It also has dual Analog sticks... all that's needed is games, as it being similar to a PS3 is VERY positive to me.

Posted on 18 May 2012 17:38:46 BDT
John morris says:
Nicholas,

That's the point Nicholas apart from pepole in your demographic,ie current Ps3 owner who want's a portable version of what they already own there is little market elsewhere for the machine.

Now that would be fine if you had the Ps2's userbase to convert to the Vita,but thinking about it that business model didn't work that well with the original Psp,so as I have said before the machine needs to find a different position for itself or it will only ever sell niche numbers.

You also have to consider that Sony is no longer the must have electrical brand it was in the past,the company has been losing ground to it's competitors in all of it's divisions for years now.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 May 2012 17:43:25 BDT
Nick says:
I see where you are coming from, but killers apps will bring high sales. Sony have done badly as of late, but their gaming department seems to be doing well as a whole (much better than the rest of the company) so I hope the Vita keeps that momentum flowing.

Posted on 18 May 2012 17:46:57 BDT
Nick says:
FYI guys, Shopto are the exclusive holders of the Gravity Rush Preorder DLC, £2 more than amazon, but with their delivery, and the points they give; is certainly worth it. http://www.shopto.net/PSP/VIDEO%20GAMES/PSPVGR01-Gravity%20Rush.html

In reply to an earlier post on 18 May 2012 17:48:17 BDT
John morris says:
Nicholas,

I don't see the Vita being dropped as Sony will continue to support the machine,but I can't see it selling the same numbers as the original Psp.

And like you said some killer apps would temps some people to the platform,me again hopefully !!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 May 2012 17:52:06 BDT
Nick says:
Exactly, I think everyone wants lot's of games, and the more that come, the better the sales.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  307
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  22 Nov 2011
Latest post:  5 Sep 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions