Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Amazon Xbox 360 Thread - Part 10

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 401-425 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 10:37:36 BDT
"It would be nice to have it but its up to the owner now."

Did you promise to molest him if you got the job? Could've swung it in your favour.

I'm hoping to get a few interviews coming up, problem is there's bugger all jobs around in Nottingham, not many employers based here. Anyway good luck.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 10:51:04 BDT
BALLYSEAGAL says:
lasagne is da bomb

a ww2 rpg eh? how about an alternate universe with Dracula head of the Nazis?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 10:53:54 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 2 May 2013 15:57:01 BDT]

Posted on 25 Apr 2012 10:54:54 BDT
RAB says:
I've eaten many a kebab sober. Lovely stuff.

Posted on 25 Apr 2012 11:04:57 BDT
Rich, very true although the owner is a bit of a go getter, hands on type guy. He was honest and said he has had his fingers burnt in the past, he wants someone he can keep for a long period and develop so wants to mull it over.
Andy, bum I didn't think of that at the time! When I speak to him next I'll try to offer it as a deal closer.

Kebab meat sober, yep its ok but there's plenty better things out there. I prefer the shiesh (sp?) kebabs anyway.

A ww2 rpg would be awesome! Some elite commando who joins small squads from time to time. Behind enemy lines espionage missions require successful dialogue convos, etc
Now that would be awesome. With a rpg element similar to fallout 3 but shooting fps mecahnics like BF3 including possible vehicle usage. I'm sex weeing just thinking about it!

Posted on 25 Apr 2012 11:25:50 BDT
"I suppose I am used to the way we do it in religion forum, if you were to quote the novels people post on there it would take forever LOL.

I'll try"

Fair enough Campbell. I guess being the old so-and-so that I am, I just don't like change! I think it's also partly due to the fact that another forum I pop on has a proper quote function which embeds the quote you're referring to.

Worked like a mo-fo yesterday untill 11.30pm, so no boxing for me. When's the next big MP game out?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 11:28:12 BDT
"Worked like a mo-fo yesterday untill 11.30pm, so no boxing for me. When's the next big MP game out?"

I think the next MP game that'll generate a large following is GRFS. I have a shopto pre-order for this at the the expense of Dragon's Dogma which, sadly, isn't quite living up to expectations for me.

Of course, you could always play some Gears 3 with myself, Wayne, John, Craig, Campbell et al.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 11:30:41 BDT
Ollie, if he is a go getter, perhaps you need to help make the decision easier for him by having an informal chat about where you think the company is going, what you can add to the role etc. Sounds like he's waiting to offer the position to you and his approach would suggest he wants a proactive response. However, it'll be a fine line between being keen and over-doing it.

Posted on 25 Apr 2012 11:31:14 BDT
So essentially it's Battlefield Bad Company meets PS1+2 Medal of Honor games meets Mass Effect meets Skyrim- I just had to sit down... I went weak at the knees.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 11:34:03 BDT
"A ww2 rpg would be awesome! Some elite commando who joins small squads from time to time. Behind enemy lines espionage missions require successful dialogue convos, etc
Now that would be awesome. With a rpg element similar to fallout 3 but shooting fps mecahnics like BF3 including possible vehicle usage. I'm sex weeing just thinking about it!"

...chuck in the ability to pick your nationality and what side you'll fight on with documentary style footage of how your decisions alter history or something like that and it could be quite an interesting experience.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 11:35:59 BDT
BALLYSEAGAL says:
some good ideas we have been getting lets do it

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 11:37:49 BDT
BALLYSEAGAL says:
with all this WW2 talk i think i'm gonna go and polish my Garand

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 11:38:48 BDT
Datolite says:
Is that a euphemism? Haha.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 11:40:59 BDT
To add a further dimension, turn the series into a trilogy (WW2, Cold War setting and future conflict in modern setting) where all your decisions, history tampering etc manifest into a whatever conclusion is apt for the series. Game one focuses on your character, game two son or daughter of WW2 character and game 3 grandson/daughter.

Posted on 25 Apr 2012 11:46:00 BDT
The decision making sounds reminiscant of previous Command and Conquer games, as well as Tom Clancy's Endwar - OOOOOOH! We could have voice recognition so you can tell each member of your squad exactly what to do!

Here's a real stinger of a question - What do we call it?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 11:49:03 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 Apr 2012 11:50:47 BDT
BALLYSEAGAL says:
"unit 1 move to bravo"

nothing

"unit 1 move to bravo"

still nothing

"UNIT 1 MOVE TO F**^ING BRAVO!!!"

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good old Endwar

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 11:50:08 BDT
Datolite says:
WarFair - Where your decisions make the War, fair...haha.

Generation X

Generation Warfare

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 11:52:36 BDT
""unit 1 move to bravo"

nothing

"unit 1 move to bravo"

still nothing

"UNIT 1 MOVE TO F**^ING BRAVO!!!"

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Unit 1 copy, breaching doorway"

*facepalm*

Posted on 25 Apr 2012 11:54:54 BDT
"Here's a real stinger of a question - What do we call it? "

Mass Battlefield Medal of Company Effect Honour?

EA have hit back back at the Euro 2012 add-on basically stating it was too expensive to licence all the teams. lol good old EA. it isn't in the game.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 11:56:59 BDT
BALLYSEAGAL says:
the money the coin in every year!!!!

Posted on 25 Apr 2012 12:07:53 BDT
"EA. it isn't in the game."

You can see these meme's coming out "EA Sports - Ukraines not in the game"

Posted on 25 Apr 2012 12:09:58 BDT
Rich my thoughts exactly, I'm going to speak to him again and see if I can give him some more of my ideas.

Liking the ideas lads for this ww2/ww rpg.

Posted on 25 Apr 2012 12:22:53 BDT
"A Japan-only PlayStation Move game that saw players control monkeys that stripped girls of their clothes has been cancelled.

Dancing Eyes was a PS Move remake of the obscure 1996 arcade puzzle action game of the same name. You move tiny monkeys around the bodies of scantily clad girls, cutting shapes out of their clothes.

It was supposed to be released as part of the Namco Generations lineup, which includes Pac-Man Championship and Galaga Legions, but publisher Namco Bandai has decided to cancel it, according to the latest issue of Famitsu."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-25-bizarre-playstation-move-stripping-game-with-monkeys-cancelled

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 12:45:43 BDT
You may want to skip the first paragraph if you're eating and/or of a queasy disposition...

I took a long sabbatical from kebabs as I came home once while smashed and threw up a kebab all over the bathroom. I was not sober enough to aim it at the toilet and ended up blocking the entire sink. Having to pick regurgitated lumps of kebab meat out of the plug hole and throw them away is a horrifying experience and you'll be sure to never eat another one again. I have lapsed once or twice since then, including one time when I had a kebab wrap for lunch at work one day, but for the most part they turn my stomach.

I have to apologise (again) to my fellow Gears-heads for last night. I'm back to sleeping in really erractic, irregular patterns and therefore extremely prone to a nap after work in the evenings at the minute. I fell asleep watching something on the iPlayer last night and woke up around 10-ish to find a couple of texts and XBL messages from Rich & Wayne. I'd like to think I'll get on Gears tonight but depending on circumstances I may choose the Real/Bayern match instead.

On another note, anybody see that interview by Geoff Shreeves with Branislav Ivanovic after the match last night? He broke the news that Ivanovic would miss the champions league final in a really matter of fact, tactless manner. I'm no lover of Chelsea or their players by any means (as those of you who are friends with me on Facebook will constantly be reminded of with my status updates, read: rants) but dear me it was awful. Really awkward stuff.

Posted on 25 Apr 2012 12:57:40 BDT
Hey guys,

Hope you are all well.

The last kebab I had was swimming in lard and I was sober. Not a very attractive picture.

Last night I calculated that if I had played non stop on Skyrim without switching off my xbox, I'd have been playing for just over a whole week now. Now that's value for money right there!
Discussion locked

This discussion

Participants:  85
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  17 Apr 2012
Latest post:  30 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions